Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents, adults around me, most importantly I have empathy and know how I would like to be treated and project this onto others.

You cant deny the fact your psychological construct has been largely formed by growing up in a culture whos morality comes fgrom Judao-Xianity. As has Richard Dawkins, it still dictates his life.

You cant deny the fact your psychological construct has been largely formed by growing up in a culture whos morality comes fgrom Judao-Xianity. As has Richard Dawkins, it still dictates his life.
I do deny it. I was not brought up as religious, not indoctrinated, my parents were hippies.

What positive effect will it have?

If applied correctly, it will at the very least stop the UK from trading in unethical products. But more importantly, it will slowly isolate Israel from a global market/system. They won't be able to sell their miracle cherry tomatoes that grow in the Negev desert thanks to stolen Palestinian water. The zionist state is one big arms dealer. Any divestment from said companies will financially hurt the zionist state. So many positives to come from BDS. And from a psychological point of view, it gives the Palestinians hope to know that there are people in the West fighting for their cause, albeit through BDS.

No I don't, the idea is insulting in the extreme.
in the extreme? really?

I'm an atheist, but I think it's undeniable that my own morals are informed and shaped by religion. Considering the world we live in, it'd be impossible for them not to be. as it happens, I read this article on this exact subject this morning (written by an atheist) - you might find it interesting.

Catholicism does not believe in predestination, infact people in the past were burned as heretics for promoting such an idea, its a religion of proselytism ie winning converts like Islam.Its not based on being born into a particular tribe and grace, ie following rituals alone for salvation, which is what predestination is.

Of course they do; official Church teaching is that God - rather than mans free will - is responsible for the good that men do. Since God is therefore solely responsible for the means by which someones soul may be saved, its clear that predestination exists (ie: mans only choice is to either accept what God has laid out, or to go to hell).

As for "people in the past were burned as heretics" - they used to do that to people who had money or lands that they wanted, so you cant really use that as evidence for anything.

I haven't called you names for years and years. ;)

You are playing up to what you perceive is a working class stereotype by swearing alot and having bad manners, some other posters on here do the same, its insulting to genuine working class people and a bit sad, grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom