Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"@AP
BREAKING: Israel's military says 16,000 more reserves called up for Gaza fighting."

That would bring troop numbers on the ground to up to 86,000.

why doesn't Israel just sort out tunnels their end? how does usa come to help make a peace deal when they are arming Israel? killing civvies is wrong, cant stand all this crap.

The Australian Newspaper :mad: :(

Bt2ya8RCEAApw4M.jpg:large

This morning I hear that America is sending more weapons to Israel because they're running out. Anyone would think that the US had a vested interest in permanent war in the Middle East.

Pentagon needs to have "field-tested" assessments of their hardware.

This morning I hear that America is sending more weapons to Israel because they're running out. Anyone would think that the US had a vested interest in permanent war in the Middle East.
I wasn't aware of this arrangement, but the stuff was already in Israel. So, the US has provided Israel a guarantee that it can never run out of ammunition.
In the last week the U.S. has provided Israel with mortars and ammunition for grenade launchers requested as part of a foreign military arms sale. The weapons came from a $1 billion stockpile of ammunition stored by the U.S. military in Israel for that country’s use if needed for an emergency.

The location of the stockpile as well as the types and quantities of ammunition it stores are classified. However, a Congressional Research Service report from April says “the United States stores missiles, armored vehicles and artillery ammunition” in the stockpile.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...ition-to-israel-since-start-of-gaza-conflict/

why doesn't Israel just sort out tunnels their end? how does usa come to help make a peace deal when they are arming Israel? killing civvies is wrong, cant stand all this crap.

They are mined and booby trapped and dug in places in a way so Hamas can pop up by breaking a few inches through the soil, launch an ambush, fire rockets and pop back down, they are an excellent strategy against drones. Israel can only use bunker busters which will kill possibly hundreds of civilans, sending troops down to clear them means heavy losses. Hence attacking the civilan population to put pressure on Hamas.

Forgive my ignorance if I have missed important stuff but...about these tunnels :hmm:

A lot is made of them, just how extensive are they? How much evidence is there to support they actually exist in the way the israeli state would have everyone believe? Why do I feel like this is like the WMDs myth making?

Thats biological and chemical warfare. Phosphorus is being used at the moment.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-s-nuclear-biological-and-chemical-weapons/30892

In 1993, the US Congress Office of Technology Assessment WMD proliferation assessment included Israel as a nation having undeclared offensive chemical warfare capabilities. In 1998, former Deputy Assistant Defense Secretary Bill Richardson said:

“I have no doubt that Israel has worked on both chemical and biological offensive things for a long time. There’s no doubt they’ve had stuff for years.”

Israel tests new weapons in combat. Against Lebanon in 2006 and Gaza during Cast Lead, it used direct energy weapons, chemical and/or biological agents, and others producing injuries and symptoms medical professionals never previously saw.

For example, bodies with dead tissue had no apparent wounds. Corpses were found shrunken. Civilians had heavy lower limb damage requiring amputations. Nonetheless, unstoppable necrosis followed (death of cells and living tissue) followed by death.

Internal wounds had no trace of shrapnel. Corpses were blackened but not burned. Some badly wounded victims didn’t bleed. The Palestinian health ministry said Israel used a new type explosive in Gaza. It contained toxins and radioactive materials. They burned and tore victims’ bodies from the inside. They also left long term deformations.

Maybe, but isn't globalresearch.ca a conspiraloon site?

Forgive my ignorance if I have missed important stuff but...about these tunnels :hmm:

A lot is made of them, just how extensive are they? How much evidence is there to support they actually exist in the way the israeli state would have everyone believe? Why do I feel like this is like the WMDs myth making?
You are right to be suspicious. I think the "terror tunnels" were an after the fact justification for Israel's attack. I don't recall them being mentioned by Israel until after the attack began. And they provided an excuse for the ground invasion.

You are right to be suspicious. I think the "terror tunnels" were an after the fact justification for Israel's attack. I don't recall them being mentioned by Israel until after the attack began. And they provided an excuse for the ground invasion.
They exist and exist extensively and have been used in this area since Alexander the greats siege of Gaza in 323 bc. The thing to be suspicious about is the Israeli states lax attitude to their construction in the period since withdrawal given the many ways they can detect and destroy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom