Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile...

Penelope Cruz has become the latest star to back down somewhat after expressing concern at Palestinian suffering inflicted by Israel. In an open-letter published in the Spanish press condemning Israel’s military action, signed by Cruz along with her husband Javier Bardem, they highlighted the “physical, moral, psychological” suffering of Palestinians as a result of shelling from Israel and called on the EU to condemn Israel’s actions.

But she followed up the letter with another, softer statement, made to USA Today, saying:

My only wish and intention in signing that group letter is the hope that there will be peace in both Israel and Gaza. I am hopeful all parties can agree to a ceasefire and there are no more innocent victims on either side of the border.

Pop star Rihanna and US basketball player Dwight Howard both tweeted “FreePalestine” to their followers before swiftly deleting the said tweets. In both cases the tweets were said to be an accident or mistake.

That's quite deliberItely disingenuous. It'd be far better if no-one talks about Palestine and we just sit in impotent rage, eh?

Equally disingnuous on your part. Im not saying lets not talk about it, im just saying I want to know what BDS will achieve.

Equally disingnuous on your part. Im not saying lets not talk about it, im just saying I want to know what BDS will achieve.

Significant pr damage and international isolation for Israel, also it might make people think twice before, say, sending their kid on a birthright tour

The Korean Central News Agency, sorry the Times of Israel report that the PA have just signed up to the international criminal court at the Hague.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/pa-to-sign-rome-statute-of-international-criminal-court/

the headlines are hilarious and would make Pyongyang proud

"Don't negotiate! Threaten!"
"Nice jewish girl heckles Obama"
"The anti-Semite inside you"
"As Jews unite, is US youth moving towards anti-Semitism at "light speed"?" :confused: :D
"Amid the tunnels and the traps of Hamas's militarised Gaza"

:facepalm:

The Korean Central News Agency, sorry the Times of Israel report that the PA have just signed up to the international criminal court at the Hague.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/pa-to-sign-rome-statute-of-international-criminal-court/

'Bout fucking time.

New Juche News said:
The move would allow the Palestinian Authority to file suit against Israel for “war crimes” during Operation Protective Edge, as it has repeatedly threatened to do, but it would also be exposing itself to similar allegations.

Palestine better get some bloody sharp lawyers to counter the judicio-hasbara crap that's coming its way, then. And/or shoot Alan Dershowitz.

The IDF is a moral army without peer. It is vigorously fighting an enemy whose brutality is without peer. It tries, as much as possible, to avoid harming civilians.

Well I hate to see them being indiscriminate:facepalm:
Tanks have fuck off big sights and fancy fire control systems so you can see the school your about to shoot the shit out off :(

by :facepalm: i suppose you mean 'typical'

I don't really pay her much attention so I can't comment on whether it's typical or not. It's more the squirming I find eye opening than the quote itself, although the quote's bad enough.

'You're going to make it look like I think there IS a moral basis for Israel's actions.'

Well, no you did that all on your own when you wrote "The moral basis for Israel’s persecution of the Palestinian people is eroding fast" Bizarre.

Bt3yN9WCEAA9YOj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom