Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truce didnt apply to anywhere that the IDF was operating, apparently. So its the fault of the Gaza civilians for not having an accurate knowledge of what one of the world's most powerful militaries was up to!
So the Israeli's had a unilateral truce that said where we are not killing you lot, we won't kill you lot.

So the Israeli's had a unilateral truce that said where we are not killing you lot, we won't kill you lot.

I think it said it didnt apply to anywhere that the IDF was operating - so the truce applied in Tooting and Balham, but not in Shijaiyah. How people are meant to know where the IDF is when there is no power, and everyones been under attack for two weeks, is obviously not the concern of the IDF.

Apparently - according to the Guardian's liveblog - a local journalist called Rami Rayan was killed in the market attack as well.

Also, apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread but it's difficult to search through all 94 pages: is there a way to donate to a reliable organisation that can actually get any kind of real aid into Gaza to help with water, food, medical supplies etc? Is absolutely everything cut off? I saw something from Oxfam on twitter about water just now, but if there is a blockade how is anything getting in? Is there a point donating? And if so, who should I donate to?

Also, apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread but it's difficult to search through all 94 pages: is there a way to donate to a reliable organisation that can actually get any kind of real aid into Gaza to help with water, food, medical supplies etc? Is absolutely everything cut off? I saw something from Oxfam on twitter about water just now, but if there is a blockade how is anything getting in? Is there a point donating? And if so, who should I donate to?

Medical Aid for Palestine http://www.map-uk.org/

Ok, I read it, thanks.

So, unless I read it wrong (which is entirely possible) it's not really calling explicitly for a two state or one state solution, and I almost see the implication in their focus on the language of equality is that a one state solution is the way forward.

Surely the presence of a border of any kind - regardless the boundary - will always lead to tension, will always be contested. One state, where everyone has the same right to live in any area, and everyone has the same legal protections, seems like a no brainer. Then you 'only' have to deal with the slow and painful move past internal racism and discrimination - which is something that should be legislated and educated against within the state.

I make it sound so easy. I know it's not.

My initial reading of it is pretty much calling the two-state solution dead in the water. Quite profound for a charity to state. The entire statement is powerful stuff.

UNWRA.org are asking for donations - their local activities seem brave & useful, despite wider concerns or reservations about the UN. I've no idea how many pence in the pound end up in Gaza.

I know this is a weird thing to say but Gaza actually looks quite 'nice' with all the mosques, architecture etc, or rather it did before israel bombed it :(

most places hold a certain charm to look at, except corby.

I saw the photo of dmscus after it'd been shelled to the ground by the syrian civil war. It was little more than a smoking hole.

They also cant support a single, secular, state, with full right of return for all 9 million Palestinians, because then they'd be a minority in 'their own' land

They can't support it, but it's the only way to peace.

And to be horribly Machiavellian, looking at South Africa for an example, it's not like the black South Africans got all the money, best land and housing after apartheid is it, even though they are the huge majority? It makes me feel wrong even writing that, but after a lot more bloodshed, that's how I imagine it might play out.

Apprantly the idf plan is now to go after tunnels :(
Because hunting tunnels justifys blowing the shit out of everything anywhere.

"@AymanM: Eyewitness say several shells landed at Shejaiya market, among those killed were a child, paramedics, men"

"@thompwalker: #Shajaiya market crowded when shell hit, killing 16, wounding 130. Many thought partial #IDF ceasefire would keep them safe."

"@Belalmd12: I don't know what just happened, but at Shifa we received +100 injuries within minutes. it's a massacre."

"@WhateverInGaza they declared a 'humanitarian' ceasefire and when Gazans went to get food they bombed a market"

Page three of the "How to be a War Criminal" by Ratko Mladic - required reading for murderous armies trying to kill the innocent
The Serbs did EXACTLY the same thing in Sarajevo

Last edited:
http://blogs.channel4.com/paul-mason-blog/school-gaza-refugee-camp-shelled-killing-15-people/1672

"When politicians ... say their support for Israel is unshakeable, it can be translated on the ground into less of an imperative to avoid the military carelessness that I have seen this morning. They will be told “we don’t target civilians”.

This is nonsense: the operation against Jabalia is killing civilians, and as far as I can see the military front line is exactly the same as when I crossed it, on Sunday. The only way I can see to avoid killing civilians is to stop shelling Jabalia."

I fucking wish more people watched Channel 4 News.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom