Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a revolting human being. The way she's speaking you'd think she's running for prime minister of 'israel'.

Whey, the role of US president seems to include the deputy premiership of Israel, or is it the other way round? Hard to tell these days.

Top Israeli officials say they may take control of Gaza Strip
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/israel-bigs-control-gaza-strip-article-1.1898274
Israel’s Minister of Intelligence and Strategic Affairs, Yuval Steinitz, suggested the possibility of 'taking full control of Gaza for a number of weeks,' while a handful of other officials issued similar threats. A defiant Hamas insisted it has no plans to back down.

Could this be being considered, or is it just sounding perhaps off to threaten.. ?

Apologies for the lateness of these photos (and the effective thread derail), but for anyone interested/curious, here's some of the pics I took at the London demo on Saturday:

14904807613_7423af70ea.jpg

This is at the top end of the BBC Portland Place building - our section started off the march going in the wrong direction(!)

14698331258_bea46b5349_z.jpg

This is at Grosvenor Square, round the corner from the US Embassy.

14861952536_2940549006_z.jpg

And here we are at Hyde Park - I took this pretty early on during the speeches, as I recall. The video screen was pretty much straight in front of me.

You're probably right, though things did change a lot with de Gaulle - I think France's assertively pro-Israel stance was of its time, and temporary.

I agree but only because of the NNPT withIn the UN. The rise of fascists in France is more of a threat there than here right now, but that's another topic.

The only reason I mentioned it really is because of the perception that France is a benign state, it's not true. There's been ongoing and increasing back room deals which could end up a with significant presence or influence in the legislature of the far right.

Worryingly the same can be said of many EU countries, and yes it does include us, UKIP are influencing the policies of the main parties already without any political mandate.

It's a very real threat, and you can never take your eyes off em!

I applaud the stance of the Tricycle theatre. It's shameful how it's being touted as a "ban".

Zionists must realize that the only people who believe their fanatical lying are themselves. How can they be "outraged" that a terrorist state they support is being boycotted. Murder is murder, don't you know. More decent jewish people need to stand up and be counted to put things right or are zionists the only voice of the jews nowadays. The £1,400 from the Israeli embassy is hardly a fortune and won't be missed. Get a grip. The festival isn't banned. The theatre just doesn't want blood money.

This excerpt is from the Guardian

"The Tricycle Theatre's decision to give the UKJFF an ultimatum over a £1,400 grant it receives from the Israeli embassy has stirred debate around the UK and among film-makers after the theatre's artistic director, Indhu Rubasingham, asked organisers to forgo the money and use of the embassy logo on publicity material for the festival...

..."It's a matter of principle that we should not be told who we should take funding from. Every state gives cultural grants," said Margolis, who dismissed Rubasingham's offer to find alternative funding as a "publicity stunt". "It was never about the money, it's about the whole attitude towards the festival from the start," he said...

gotta laugh at that last bit. Talk about machiavelian.

A friend of mine went over to Gaza a couple of days ago as a camera man. Jesus, that guy has cut a dangerous career for himself as a war zone camera op these last few years.
The entire block opposite his 'hotel' was completely leveled on his second day there. Could have so easily have been the other side of the street.

A friend of mine went over to Gaza a couple of days ago as a camera man. Jesus, that guy has cut a dangerous career for himself as a war zone camera op these last few years.
The entire block opposite his 'hotel' was completely leveled on his second day there. Could have so easily have been the other side of the street.

Ask him to post some photos here please.

The United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva has named three to its commission to look into human rights violations in the Gaza slaughter. William Schabas, Doudou Diene, and Amal Alamuddin.

The news broke in a tweet from Hillel Neuer, an Israel lobbyist with UN Watch, who says it’s storm clouds for Israel.

BREAKING: UNHRC named 3 to its biased Gaza inquiry: Anti-Israel prof Bill Schabas, Clooney’s wife (really), & pro-Islamist Doudou Diene....

here

Get a grip.

On what?

My perception is that jewish people who oppose the slaughter are in the main keeping quiet, are a tiny minority, or their voice is drowned out, perhaps thru fear of being ostracized, although I have seen banners on demos and the odd article, and of course there is the woman who burned her passport, which cannot be an easy thing to do. There is also a recent survey which found that around 50% of young New York Jewish people were disgusted with Israel's actions. The dominant voice however, is of those who are without doubt, the apologists for Israel's state terrorism. Is this just the zionist-orientated press pushing their propaganda on us or are the majority of jewish people around the world supporting the killing? Put this way it sounds like a hard nosed question but what is the objective answer. I think there is a real danger of disgust at the Israeli State's actions turning into anti-semitism on a broader level. Where is zionism being seperated from jewishness?

In Hollywood various execs have reacted viciously against two spanish film stars (Bardem and Cruz) for signing a manifesto and are threatening to end their careers. The rest of Hollywood has kept quiet about it, abandoning them. Why? they are right in condemning the murder of children.

Where are the famous or prominent jewish people (with influence) who are standing up and opposing the actions of the current rulers of Israel?

On what?

My perception is that jewish people who oppose the slaughter are in the main keeping quiet, are a tiny minority, or their voice is drowned out, perhaps thru fear of being ostracized, although I have seen banners on demos and the odd article, and of course there is the woman who burned her passport, which cannot be an easy thing to do. There is also a recent survey which found that around 50% of young New York Jewish people were disgusted with Israel's actions. The dominant voice however, is of those who are without doubt, the apologists for Israel's state terrorism. Is this just the zionist-orientated press pushing their propaganda on us or are the majority of jewish people around the world supporting the killing? Put this way it sounds like a hard nosed question but what is the objective answer. I think there is a real danger of disgust at the Israeli State's actions turning into anti-semitism on a broader level. Where is zionism being seperated from jewishness?

In Hollywood various execs have reacted viciously against two spanish film stars (Bardem and Cruz) for signing a manifesto and are threatening to end their careers. The rest of Hollywood has kept quiet about it, abandoning them. Why? they are right in condemning the murder of children.

Where are the famous or prominent jewish people (with influence) who are standing up and opposing the actions of the current rulers of Israel?
are you so stupid you can't differentiate between jews in the uk and zionists in the zionist entity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom