Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is in the long run because it puts internal pressure on the Israeli government. It's not a simple case of protection in the sense you're thinking of because you know as well as I do their upgraded fireworks are no match for Israel's drones, one ton bombs and so on.
Well yes, the disapointing thing about Israel is that it can effectivley protect almost 100% of their population through the efforts they've made in bulding shelters and the such like.

They do not need to go in this hard as their population are in reality not under much treat.

Are you taking the piss?
Second paragraph of the Hamas charter for your attention.

THE CHARTER OF THE HAMAS:
Ideological Starting-Points:
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate

"Ye are the best nation that hath been raised up unto mankind: ye command that which is just, and ye forbid that which is unjust, and ye believe in Allah. And if they who have received the scriptures had believed, it had surely been the better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-doers. They shall not hurt you, unless with a slight hurt; and if they fight against you, they shall turn their backs to you, and they shall not be helped. Ignominy shall be their portion wheresoever they are found save [where they grasp] a rope from Allah and a rope from man. They have incurred anger from their Lord, and wretchedness is laid upon them. That is because they used to disbelieve the revelations of Allah, and slew the Prophets wrongfully. That is because they were rebellious and used to transgress."(Surat Al-Imran (III), verses 109-111)
" Israel will rise and will remain erect until Islam eliminates it as it had eliminated its predecessors." (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, May Allah Pity his Soul).

Last edited:
and... are you going anywhere with this?

Well Butcher's brought up Hamas winning elections and popular support. There are folk there opposed to Al-Quassam who voted for hamas in 06 but not the overtly militant aspects. You said that Israel would do whatever they want regardless, so I contend that the people of Gaza would be better served (certainly in the short term) if hamas fucked off and other solutions were attempted to end the blockades. And no, I don't know what they are but I'm pretty sure that whilst attacks are launched from Gaza the blockades will remain and the shelling will continue.

How can people vote for Hamas "but not the overtly military aspects"? That's like saying that people voted for the Tories but not the benefits aspects.

iROBOT is a hindu nationalist and pretty close to being a hindu chauvinist with a particular animus against muslims btw

Actually my "animus" is against supremist ideology, whatever form it may take.
And (just so you know for future reference) I don’t much like Christianity either for the self same reason.

Second paragraph of the Hamas carter for your attention.

THE CHARTER OF THE HAMAS:
Ideological Starting-Points:
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate

"Ye are the best nation that hath been raised up unto mankind: ye command that which is just, and ye forbid that which is unjust, and ye believe in Allah. And if they who have received the scriptures had believed, it had surely been the better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-doers. They shall not hurt you, unless with a slight hurt; and if they fight against you, they shall turn their backs to you, and they shall not be helped. Ignominy shall be their portion wheresoever they are found save [where they grasp] a rope from Allah and a rope from man. They have incurred anger from their Lord, and wretchedness is laid upon them. That is because they used to disbelieve the revelations of Allah, and slew the Prophets wrongfully. That is because they were rebellious and used to transgress."(Surat Al-Imran (III), verses 109-111)
" Israel will rise and will remain erect until Islam eliminates it as it had eliminated its predecessors." (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, May Allah Pity his Soul).

Despite what the charter says, has Hamas ever gone out and attacked the zionist entity in the last 20 years?

How many times has zionist entity brought about senseless destruction upon the Palestinian people in Ghazza in the last 20 years?

Well Butcher's brought up Hamas winning elections and popular support. There are folk there opposed to Al-Quassam who voted for hamas in 06 but not the overtly militant aspects. You said that Israel would do whatever they want regardless, so I contend that the people of Gaza would be better served (certainly in the short term) if hamas fucked off and other solutions were attempted to end the blockades. And no, I don't know what they are but I'm pretty sure that whilst attacks are launched from Gaza the blockades will remain and the shelling will continue.
Hamas didn't land from outer space , there is no where to fuck off to, they are a product of the current material conditions, they are not seperate from the people of gaza! You would be happy to see this slide back to the status quo away from the eyes of the western media, and your proud of that!

How can people vote for Hamas "but not the overtly military aspects"? That's like saying that people voted for the Tories but not the benefits aspects.

That's exactly what it's like. People vote for the least bad or the most good when their options are limited.

Despite what the charter says, has Hamas ever gone out and attacked the zionist entity in the last 20 years?

How many times has zionist entity brought about senseless destruction upon the Palestinian people in Ghazza in the last 20 years?
Quiet a bit I would imagine. But that doesnt take away from the fact that Hama's avowed aim is the distrution of Isreal, which was my main point.

Yep, but you have a particular hatred for Islam. As your record here shows.
For some reason these threads tend to focus a lot on the Islamic branch of Abrahamic supremacy, therefore I address them when I feel a point need to be made.
Start a thread on Christianity and I'll wade in.

For some reason these threads tend to focus alot on the Islamis branch of Abrahamic supremacy, therefore I address them when I feel a point need to be made.

Start a thread on Chritianity and I'll wade in.
Nah, it's a bit more than that with you - as you have had pointed out to you many times - and as you have admitted in moments of honesty.

Nah, it's a bit more than that with you - as you have had pointed out to you many times - and as you have admitted in moments of honesty.
Really? I cannot recall ever admitting anything to you.

I quote from their holy scriptures to somehow understand their motivations, if that upsets you, then so be it.

Quiet a bit I would imagine. But that doesnt take away from the fact that Hama's avowed aim is the distrution of Isreal, which was my main point.

Likud's aim is the destruction of the Palestinians, as mentioned in their charter and as explicitly mentioned by its members. Which of the two do you think is actually achieving their aim more successfully? Moreover, Israeli elites were stating their aim of destroying Palestine before Hamas even existed. Hamas are a symptom.

Likud's aim is the destruction of the Palestinians, as mentioned in their charter and as explicitly mentioned by its members. Which of the two do you think is actually achieving their aim more successfully? Moreover, Israeli elites were stating their aim of destroying Palestine before Hamas even existed. Hamas are a symptom.
They're both cunts, equally, but one protects it's people better than the other. This was my point.

The news reports I've been reading suggest hamas fired rockets first. This is what I don't get. Militarily they have nothing to achieve by doing this. They cannot beat Israel into submission. As long as they keep firing they are handing an excuse to a far bigger and well armed state to fire back. So there has to be a political reason behind this? A calculated reason? Whatever the reason is in all of this innocent people are dying and for this reason I think the actions of Hamas and Israel make them massive cunts.

They're both cunts, equally, but one protects it's people better than the other. This was my point.

It's possible the vast difference in resources and international support between the two sides has a bearing on how well they're able to 'defend their people'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom