Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not idiots who think ug let's fire rockets - then israel do what we want

No. They're idiots who think:

1) that it can play a role in a process that can remove the blockade 2) it can win them support, as would playing a key role in the process that removes the blockade.

So what's important is to show resistance; not to end the shelling?

That's why this will go on forever.
End the shelling on what basis though? One that sets the ground for it to happen once Palestinian political unity looks on the agenda? The Israeli state doesn't call this lawn mowing for no reason. If the shelling stops on the same basis as before it will happen again in 6 or so years.

Doesn't really matter what I think, it's what the resistance is doing.
Solidarity does not come with conditions.

Yeah, but it rather depends with whom you are expressing solidarity; the military brigades of the Government might have decided on the strategic worth of resuming rocket attacks, but that military action doesn't necessarily deserve our support. I would imagine that a substantial proportion of solidarity campaigners, (outside of Palestine), do so in support of the Palestinian people and not with the intent of unconditional support for their government or 'military'.

I feel that there must be many Gaza residents who's hearts were not full of joy when they heard the rockets fired this morning; they know what will happen next.:(

1) that it can play a role in a process that can remove the blockade 2) it can win them support, as would playing a key role in the process that removes the blockade.
Well, let's have a look at Hamas record in winning elections and popular support. Oh, they won the 2006 elections. So their actions win them popular support. As for playing a role in the process that removes the blockade - of course it can, this will only happen when it's forced on Israel, and that will likely involve negotiations with outside powers - that is never going to happen if Israel is not challenged given the plan is to freeze the whole situation in aspic forever.

we've been through this before and the zionist entity would simply find other reasons to do what they want to do anywa6y

Well, let's have a look at Hamas record in winning elections and popular support. Oh, they won the 2006 elections. So their actions win them popular support.

Do you think they'd have voted for Hamas if they could have foreseen what's happening now?

What has militant hamas done for Gaza since 2006?

Do you think they'd have voted for Hamas if they could have foreseen what's happening now?

d'you think germans would have voted for hitler if they'd known where it would end?

d'you think you'd have acted somewhat differently in your youth if you'd known how you were going to end up?

Last edited:

Sorry, where did i argue that hamas has done a damn thing for Gaza? I said that their actions have won them popular support. And they'll be coming out of this with increased support - hey maybe that's one motivation behind their actions, what do you think?. Putin has increased his support off the back of the Ukraine crisis - does saying this mean i think he's done great things for the people of ukraine and russia? Or does it mean that i'm recognising a political fact rather than endorsing those actions. Think and read a bit more clearly please - and try and avoid such ridiculous questions as that opening line.

"Militant" Hamas. I was clear about that.

Clear about what? Hamas is a political party that governs the Ghazza strip. Like most governing parties, they have various arms that undertake different functions including defence- in this case against regular onslaughts from the zionist entity. Which answers your question- the Hamas arm that functions in a limited military capacity defends the Palestinians in Ghazza from the barbarity of the zionist entity.

So there are no Hamas supporters opposed to Al Quassam?
Jesus christ, when did you turn into johnny canuck? Of course there are hamas supporters who oppose them, the same as there are those who think the leadership has gone soft. The point though is that disagreement takes places within and accepts the role/function etc of the militant organisation hamas

Inflicting 63 military deaths on Israel? I'd say that's a pretty good job actually because that's way higher than the Israeli public expected or were willing to accept.

63 deaths to how many on the Gaza side, 1400+? That's not much of a protection.

What a great job they're doing.

Two points:
1. The Palestinians are a proud group of people. After 60 odd years they have not rolled over and let the zionist entity kill them off/erase their identity. As such, I guarantee the majority of Palestinians are happy to support Hamas who are fighting against a goliath that would quite gladly shit on them and kill them even if Hamas did not exist.

2. The zionist entity have brutally attacked the Ghazzan people even when Hamas's militiary wing were militarily quiet.

Two points:
1. The Palestinians are a proud group of people. After 60 odd years they have not rolled over and let the zionist entity kill them off/erase their identity."

Jordan is (I belive) 40% Palestian? So I dont think (of all the things they are in danger from) "losing" their "identity is one of them

That is precisely the point, the zionist entity does not care who is in power and the nature of the deaths and casualties it is incurring. They have committed such acts without provocation in the past (Ghazza, Southern Lebanon). You are following the zionist talking points when invoking the "why are Hamas fighting" argument. The zionist entity will always try to crush the Palestinians regardless of who is governing the zionist entity created bantustans/ghettos. So it is better trying to resist.

It is in the long run because it puts internal pressure on the Israeli government. It's not a simple case of protection in the sense you're thinking of because you know as well as I do their upgraded fireworks are no match for Israel's drones, one ton bombs and so on.

That is precisely the point, the zionist entity does not care who is in power and the nature of the deaths and casualties it is incurring. They have committed such acts without provocation in the past (Ghazza, Southern Lebanon). You are following the zionist talking points when invoking the "why are Hamas fighting" argument. The zionist entity will always try to crush the Palestinians regardless of who is governing the zionist entity created bantustans/ghettos. So it is better trying to resist.
I know why hamas is fighting. To them, Isreal is a illigitmate country and their avowed aim is it's total iradication.

So by extension there will be people who voted for hamas in Gaza who deplore the rocket attacks and the response they're getting.
Are they members of hamas? How does people voting for them - or not - change the fact that it is a militant organisation? How does you voting lib-dem but not supporting all their policies mean that they're not an ideologically neo-liberal party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom