Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And sorry but in terms of criticizing Israel a lot of the 'organized' Jewish community has a hell of a long way to go. When you have the board of deputies organizing rallies in favour of Israel etc. In the past I have criticized organizations such as JfJfP for not being sufficiently embedded or trying y engage with the Jewish community enough, and I'd still say that is true. however, that's not entirely their fault, its partly the fault of many Jewish institutions for fostering a culture, although things are improving, where being a Jew is seen as synonymous with supporting Israel and supporting a Zionist view of it.

Ban-Ki- Moon "deplores the recent upsurge in anti-Semitic attacks, particularly in Europe, in connection with protests concerning the escalation of violence in Gaza," read a statement from the UN leader's spokesman.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/2014/08/04/Ban-Ki-moon-deplores-rise-of-anti-Semitism-.html

Fuck's sake.

Is it because there are so many people with your complete absence of critical skills that Tories (and [modulo Godwin's Law] worse) can get elected?

Clearly, if anyone has tried to explain to you the difference between a fear, an opinion, an idea and a fact - they wasted their breath.

The above refers to:

the recent upsurge in anti-Semitic attacks, particularly in Europe, in connection with protests concerning the escalation of violence in Gaza

That is, to repugnant slogans on demos, as discussed on this thread. A particular instance that has nothing to say for, or against, the alleged actual rise in incidence.

It's possible that analogy may be beyond you. But it may entertain others.

1) I warn everyone of the likelihood of a major earthquake striking Califormia in the next 20 years.

2) You cannot quote this warning as evidence that there has been such an earthquake.

Fuck's sake.

Is it because there are so many people with your complete absence of critical skills that Tories (and [modulo Godwin's Law] worse) can get elected?

Clearly, if anyone has tried to explain to you the difference between a fear, an opinion, an idea and a fact - they wasted their breath.

The above refers to:

That is, to repugnant slogans on demos, as discussed on this thread. A particular instance that has nothing to say for, or against, the alleged actual rise in incidence.

It's possible that analogy may be beyond you. But it may entertain others.

1) I warn everyone of the likelihood of a major earthquake striking Califormia in the next 20 years.

2) You cannot quote this warning as evidence that there has been such an earthquake.

Such a patronising attitude you have.
It's a bit more than slogans....

"Tuesday 29 July 2014

Petrol bombs were hurled at the walls of a synagogue in Wuppertal in western Germany today amid fears of a rising tide of Gaza-related anti-Semitism in Europe.

The attack, which followed a similar incident at a Jewish centre in Toulouse, caused no serious damage. An 18-year-old man has been arrested by German police.

In France, a 29-year-old Franco-Algerian man with a history of psychological problems was arrested after several Molotov cocktails were thrown at a Jewish cultural and religious centre in Toulouse on Saturday. He told police that he carried out the attack “in solidarity with the Palestinian cause”. The attack followed a pro-Palestinian rally in the city’s central square.

Although no damage was caused, the incident generated deep anxiety in the Jewish community in the city. Four people, including three children, were murdered outside a Jewish school in Toulouse two years ago.

Mostly peaceful pro-Gaza demonstrations in France and Germany in recent weeks have been scarred by anti-Semitic incidents. A demonstration in Sarcelles, a Paris suburb, led to an attack by youths on a synagogue, while a minority of participants in demonstrations in Germany have chanted “Death to Jews”. The French, German and Italian Foreign Ministers issued a statement last week saying that such behaviour has no place in our society."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-fears-over-rise-in-antisemitism-9636416.html

Israel and Palestinian groups including Hamas have agreed to a 72-hour humanitarian truce in Gaza, officials and Egyptian mediators say.The ceasefire will start at 08:00 local time (05:00 GMT) on Tuesday.

BBC

Good news I suppose although it will probably take a lot longer than that to get power and water and hospitals back on line, assuming essential supplies are available which I doubt.

I think you could usefully look up the word "patronising" :D The word you want is "exasper-fucking-ated".

You have presented a data point. One apparently reliable report of an attack on property. (None dead.)

Now. How long will be it be before any of us knows whether there is a rise?

It's a bit more than slogans....

"Tuesday 29 July 2014

Petrol bombs were hurled at the walls of a synagogue in Wuppertal in western Germany today amid fears of a rising tide of Gaza-related anti-Semitism in Europe.

The attack, which followed a similar incident at a Jewish centre in Toulouse, caused no serious damage. An 18-year-old man has been arrested by German police.

In France, a 29-year-old Franco-Algerian man with a history of psychological problems was arrested after several Molotov cocktails were thrown at a Jewish cultural and religious centre in Toulouse on Saturday. He told police that he carried out the attack “in solidarity with the Palestinian cause”. The attack followed a pro-Palestinian rally in the city’s central square.

Although no damage was caused, the incident generated deep anxiety in the Jewish community in the city. Four people, including three children, were murdered outside a Jewish school in Toulouse two years ago.

Mostly peaceful pro-Gaza demonstrations in France and Germany in recent weeks have been scarred by anti-Semitic incidents. A demonstration in Sarcelles, a Paris suburb, led to an attack by youths on a synagogue, while a minority of participants in demonstrations in Germany have chanted “Death to Jews”. The French, German and Italian Foreign Ministers issued a statement last week saying that such behaviour has no place in our society."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-fears-over-rise-in-antisemitism-9636416.html

Zionism thrives on a sense of victimhood, its reinforces the paranoia

I think you could usefully look up the word "patronising" :D The word you want is "exasper-fucking-ated".

You have presented a data point. One apparently reliable report of an attack on property. (None dead.)

Now. How long will be it be before any of us knows whether there is a rise?

As you say. ..."none dead"
Yet...
Here's more...
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/01/sharp-rise-uk-antisemitic-attacks-gaza-conflict

"Antisemitic hate crime rose by more than a third in the first six months of the year and spiked to a five-year high in July, figures show.

The Community Security Trust, which records attacks on the Jewish community in the UK, found there had been a 36% rise in the total number of antisemitic incidents, which include violent crime and vandalism, to 304 between January and June. This was followed by 130 incidents in July alone, which coincided with the Israeli military offensive in Gaza."

There has been a rising anti semitism in the last year or so I think though. But this is to do with the economy and the growing influence of conspiracy theories rather than being against zionism IMO

more a anti any identifiable group of people to lay the blame to..

the rise in anti muslim feelings and anti immigrant feeling are far more on the march..

hear the first remark of africans bring their germs over here in relation to the ebola breakout today

:facepalm::mad::facepalm:

Or when people use the word Zionist to refers to shit they don't like (where Jews are involved allegedly) when you get Zionist instead of Jew reinforcing traditional antisemitic views of jews running the world so it just means kike as opposed to a political view about the state of Israel, it's why I usually avoid using the term

The fact is that often people who would never support Israel experience something antisemitic and then conclude that because of what they have experienced Israel must be right (or at least that criticism of it is not justified or is more often than not coming from a sinister motive) because antisemitism in society is being ignored and the less politically clued up conclude that some of what is said in the media re Israel are lies, based on some of the antisemitic attitudes/incidents that are ignored.

As you say. ..."none dead"
Yet...
Here's more...
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/01/sharp-rise-uk-antisemitic-attacks-gaza-conflict

"Antisemitic hate crime rose by more than a third in the first six months of the year and spiked to a five-year high in July, figures show.

The Community Security Trust, which records attacks on the Jewish community in the UK, found there had been a 36% rise in the total number of antisemitic incidents, which include violent crime and vandalism, to 304 between January and June. This was followed by 130 incidents in July alone, which coincided with the Israeli military offensive in Gaza."

I condem all racism and sectarianism, the community security trust is in itself a racist Zionist organisation.

http://azvsas.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/zionist-communist-security-trust-in.html

Sydney Morning Herald, 16.2.07. ‘Limit Muslim migration, Australia warned. The CST's Professor Israeli was also quoted as saying that ‘Muslim immigrants had a reputation for manipulating the values of Western countries, taking advantage of their hospitality and tolerance.

Obviously I condem all racism and sectariamism, but the community security trust its itself a racist Zionist organisation.

http://azvsas.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/zionist-communist-security-trust-in.html

Sydney Morning Herald, 16.2.07. ‘Limit Muslim migration, Australia warned. The CST's Professor Israeli was also quoted as saying that ‘Muslim immigrants had a reputation for manipulating the values of Western countries, taking advantage of their hospitality and tolerance.

I wouldn't be so sure to be honest. I wouldn't say it was a racist organization although it definitely has racists in it (maybe this is different in Australia though)

I wouldn't be so sure to be honest. I wouldn't say it was a racist organization although it definitely has racists in it

If its spokepeople make racist statements, that makes it a racist organisation, why is the UK taxpayer funding this ?

Also some of its members are ex IDF murdering bastards.

Or when people use the word Zionist to refers to shit they don't like (where Jews are involved allegedly) when you get Zionist instead of Jew reinforcing traditional antisemitic views of jews running the world so it just means kike as opposed to a political view about the state of Israel, it's why I usually avoid using the term

Yeah I try and avoid using the word, zionist, not always successfully I might add, and instead just stick to using the word Israeli. I always think of conspiranoids when I see the word, zionist and David Icke's voice saying 'Rothschild Zionist' pops into my head too much. I can do without assisting consipraloons and hasbara at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom