Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief military rabbi. Talk about a holy war. Fight for your religion boys. What separates these cunts from the Jihadist cunts? The ISIS cunts surging across the Middle East? God is on your side, you fucking imbeciles.

Or the orthodox priests in Serbia and Greece who exhorted people to go and fight in Srebrenica and went around visiting troops etc

Or for that matter the Croatian/Serbian 'military bishops'

Actually Ariel Sharon explicitly condemned the NATO bombing

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/fisk/ariel-sharon-by-robert-fisk-521809.html

Largely forgotten amid Sharon's hatred for "terrorism" was his outspoken criticism of Nato's war against Serbia in 1999, when he was Israeli foreign minister. Eleven years earlier he had sympathised with the political objective of Slobodan Milosevic: to prevent the establishment of an Albanian state in Kosovo. This, he said, would lead to "Greater Albania" and provide a haven for - readers must here hold their breath - "Islamic terror". In a Belgrade newspaper interview, Sharon said that "we stand together with you against the Islamic terror". Once Nato's bombing of Serbia was under way, however, Sharon's real reason for supporting the Serbs became apparent. "It's wrong for Israel to provide legitimacy to this forceful sort of intervention which the Nato countries are deploying... in an attempt to impose a solution on regional disputes," he said. "The moment Israel expresses support for the sort of model of action we're seeing in Kosovo, it's likely to be the next victim. Imagine that one day Arabs in Galilee demand that the region in which they live be recognised as an autonomous area, connected to the Palestinian Authority..."

NATO's bombing, Sharon said, was "brutal interventionism". The Israeli journalist Uri Avnery, who seized on this extraordinary piece of duplicity, said that "Islamic terror" in Kosovo could only exist in "Sharon's racist imagination". Avnery was far bolder in translating what lay behind Sharon's antipathy towards Nato action than Sharon himself. "If the Americans and the Europeans interfere today in the matter of Kosovo, what is to prevent them from doing the same tomorrow in the matter of Palestine?

"Sharon has made it crystal-clear to the world that there is a similarity and perhaps even identity between Milosevic's attitude towards Kosovo and the attitude of Netanyahu and Sharon towards the Palestinians." Besides, for a man whose own "brutal interventionism" in Lebanon in 1982 led to a Middle East bloodbath of unprecedented proportions, Sharon's remarks were, to say the least, hypocritical.

Israel is an exporter of arms and what it cant manufacture it gets as a freebie from the US.
So whatever arms the uk trade is a drop in the oceon frankly :(

Initial reports: "there has been a shelling incident in the vicinity UNRWA school in Rafah #Gaza a shelter housing almost 3,000 displaced RT

Thing is the Kosovo Albanians and Albania are actually one of the most secular nations in Europe.

Interesting that he opposed the bombing on those grounds rather than it being counterproductive, killing innocent people in Belgrade etc

Thing is the Kosovo Albanians and Albania are actually one of the most secular nations in Europe.

Interesting that he opposed the bombing on those grounds rather than it being counterproductive, killing innocent people in Belgrade etc
I've actually wondered before whether NATO would do this if Israel fell that much out of favour J Ed, and whether we could see a repeat of Belgrade 1999

I suspect not because they have nuclear weapons

Let's have just a little more pedantry on this "martyr" question, because it's widely misunderstood.
Far be it from me to disparage further pedantry...but, for those not in thrall to such early middle-age superstition, "understanding" is likely to be elusive.

I've actually wondered before whether NATO would do this if Israel fell that much out of favour J Ed, and whether we could see a repeat of Belgrade 1999

I suspect not because they have nuclear weapons

Them falling out of favour, how likely do you think that is on a scale of 1-10? Regardless of the nuclear weapons that is.

Palestinian Health Authority says 215 killed, 813 wounded on Saturday. That might include Friday too. Unsure.

Last edited:
Israel is an exporter of arms and what it cant manufacture it gets as a freebie from the US.
So whatever arms the uk trade is a drop in the oceon frankly :(

By value, much more travels in the opposite direction; from Israel to the UK. The UK sells low value stuff likes rifles but buys high tech items like Litening III targeting pods at over a million quid each.

Sorry new this.
Terrible what is happening in Gaza
But can someone explain.
Without the hate.

Why is Hamas still firing rocket into Israel when the know Israel
will just track the point of fire then bombard the place.

Why is Hamas building tunnels into Israel.

Why has Egypt continued to blockade Gaza.

What is Israel supposed to do when Hamas say it's main objective
is to drive Israel into the sea.

Sorry it is terrible to see what is happening but there is no answer in
war for both sides. So where is the point. Can anyone sensible answer
my questions.

Isreals got 80 plus nukes on subs and hardened facillities so no perfectly safe from any serious military attack.
Plus nobody likes the palestinians ok above jews and kurds but below shias in terms of middle east politics:mad:
Or they'd be getting some decent manpads and training to use them that would put the idf on the backfoot.
Rather than homemade rockets which are only good for terrorist activitys and not much good at that :(

Great. No one know why.
Going somewhere else.
Loads of opinions no knowledge
I'll give it a go but I don't have much knowledge.

I think your questions were asking essentially why hamas have brought this on themselves - launching rockets from inside civilian areas etc.

For a start I think you're confusing a support for gaza with a support for hamas. Personally I would like them all to stop what they're doing and try to work to some kind of peace. I would like them to stop killing women and children.

I think they are launching rockets from inside gaza because where else is there? And what's the alternative? They've been squeezed and squeezed for decades, repeatedly attacked. So what should they do? Just sit there and let it happen? Or fight back with whatever they have? These people aren't mad, they're not just bloodthirsty Arabs, they're desperate. Or at least that's how it seems to me. There are numerous links on here to show that Israel severely limit what comes through the blockade, even the amount of food. There are also links to show their ultimate aim may well be taking over the whole area.

So what do you want them to do?

Israel are responsible for their own actions.

But like I said, I don't know much about it, I'm just reading up now. Shamefully, it hasn't really affected me before.

Sorry new this.
Terrible what is happening in Gaza
But can someone explain.
Without the hate.

Why is Hamas still firing rocket into Israel when the know Israel
will just track the point of fire then bombard the place.

Why is Hamas building tunnels into Israel.

Why has Egypt continued to blockade Gaza.

What is Israel supposed to do when Hamas say it's main objective
is to drive Israel into the sea.

Sorry it is terrible to see what is happening but there is no answer in
war for both sides. So where is the point. Can anyone sensible answer
my questions.
You are not very middle ground are you?
Try using the board name Sneaky Apologist
Closer fit
If you remove the hate the IDF would have to be totally disbanded, the rest would sort itself out, thus your questions would not apply

Great. No one know why.
Going somewhere else.
Loads of opinions no knowledge
Lazy Hasbara rubbish
You managed to find this site with no help (haha!)
You must then have the skills to find the information you want without this weak trolling exercise of supposed concerned handwringing caring type posturing

There is a considerable reservoir of knowledge here
Part of that knowledge extends to knowing what your rather clumsy tactic is

Hamas are bastards they are not above shooting you if you object to them launching a rocket or laying a mine outside your house. Knowing full well the idf will bomb or demolish your house in retaliation with or without warning.
The IDF lost a moral arguement after lebannon. if a bunch of loyalists decided they fancyed a bit of southern ireland and got some caravans together rocked up and evicted the locals.
The british army wouldnt defend them:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom