Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there will be no end to this disaster until both sides reach a stage where they acknowledge each others suffering and their part in it and respect each others human rights.
Each other's suffering? Palestinians approaching 2000 dead ( mainly civilians)as opposed to 53 IdF soldiers killed, the Israel govt clearly don't believe the people of Gaza are entitled to 'human rights'

BDS protest at Whitechapel Sainsbury's (Aug. 2, 2014)

vRZP3X7.jpg

If you care you will stop paying taxes.

I was talking to a coworker about this a couple of days ago. It's pretty depressing that tax evasion in countries that support Israel is almost a good thing. It sickens me to think that the taxes I pay are probably spent on the military assistance to Israel which makes me complicit in the murders of thousands of innocent people.

Last edited:
Looking at google earth , considering the strip is probably one of the most photographed regions of the world ,its noticeable just how low the resolution is ,........ so the years of destruction doesn't show !

See the difference in Rafa either side of the Egyptian border

Let's have just a little more pedantry on this "martyr" question, because it's widely misunderstood.

A hadith:

“There are five kinds of martyrs: One who dies of plague; one who dies of a disease of the stomach or intestines; one who drowns; one who is crushed in a collapsing building; and one who is martyred in the way of Allah.”

Given here.

Quite different to the Christian concept - which, btw, was clearly the inspiration, metaphorically, for the naming of the Manchester/Peterloo/etc martyrs.

Last edited:
Israel has said they have scientific evidence that Hadar Goldin, the soldier feared abducted by Hamas on Friday in an ambush that shattered a humanitarian ceasefire, was killed in action during the attack.

The announcement, by Israel's chief military rabbi,

Chief military rabbi. Talk about a holy war. Fight for your religion boys. What separates these cunts from the Jihadist cunts? The ISIS cunts surging across the Middle East? God is on your side, you fucking imbeciles.

Looking at google earth , considering the strip is probably one of the most photographed regions of the world ,its noticeable just how low the resolution is ,........ so the years of destruction doesn't show !

See the difference in Rafa either side of the Egyptian border

Is that Israel imposing restrictions on Google? I remember finding patches of the State of Israel that were notably lo-res...

They're in control of what their state does. They are now not in control of public opinion. They thought that they were.

I wouldn't doubt that, but that Jerusalem Post article isn't public opinion though and its logic is impeccable. The policy of the Netanyahu government of living in a state of perpetual war against an enemy who keeps getting stronger is not sustainable, at least not without an increasing (Israeli) human and material cost. I think we are seeing the Israeli political, military (and probably economic) elites divided on long term strategy.

Sorry new this.
Terrible what is happening in Gaza
But can someone explain.
Without the hate.

Why is Hamas still firing rocket into Israel when the know Israel
will just track the point of fire then bombard the place.

Why is Hamas building tunnels into Israel.

Why has Egypt continued to blockade Gaza.

What is Israel supposed to do when Hamas say it's main objective
is to drive Israel into the sea.

Sorry it is terrible to see what is happening but there is no answer in
war for both sides. So where is the point. Can anyone sensible answer
my questions.

no link but posters on Guardian CIF are quoting an Indie article that states UK have been selling weapons to Israel that have quite likely been used in these assaults, searched indie, can't find anything, non story or just business as usual?

While Gaza burns, Carwyn Jones praises Wales’ arms exports

Though the article focuses on companies operating in Wales, they also operate thought the UK:

Babcock International, which operates in St Athan and on Ynys Môn; BAE Systems, which has a huge explosive projectile factory at Glascoed, near Usk; QinetiQ, which has R&D facilities in Aberporth and Pendine; Qioptic, based in Bodelwyddan and St Asaph; Raytheon at Broughton, and Hutchinson Aerospace Group, which has a facility in Drenewydd.

I would also like to add to the list UTacS which is a subsidiary of Elbit systems jointly run by them and Thales who are building the Watchkeeper drone here in the UK

http://www.thejerusalemfund.org/www.../carryover/documents/charter.html?chocaid=397

The Charter of Allah: The Platform of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas)

"Hamas has been looking forward to implement Allah’s promise whatever time it might take. The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will not apply to the Gharqad, which is a Jewish tree (cited by Bukhari and Muslim)."

"There is no solution to the Palestinian problem except by Jihad. The initiatives, proposals and International Conferences are but a waste of time, an exercise in futility. The Palestinian people are too noble to have their future, their right and their destiny submitted to a vain game. As the hadith has it: “The people of Syria are Allah’s whip on this land; He takes revenge by their intermediary from whoever he wished among his worshipers. The Hypocrites among them are forbidden from vanquishing the true believers, and they will die in anxiety and sorrow.”

It doesn't look like Hamas will be entering meaningful peace talks any time soon...and it doesnt look like the Israelis will pull back....
Situation ahead seems to be doomed.

Sorry new this.
Terrible what is happening in Gaza
But can someone explain.
Without the hate.

Why is Hamas still firing rocket into Israel when the know Israel
will just track the point of fire then bombard the place.

Why is Hamas building tunnels into Israel.

Why has Egypt continued to blockade Gaza.

What is Israel supposed to do when Hamas say it's main objective
is to drive Israel into the sea.

Sorry it is terrible to see what is happening but there is no answer in
war for both sides. So where is the point. Can anyone sensible answer
my questions.

Israel can stop the occupation and blockade. Longer term, Israel can stop privileging people of Jewish ethnicity over everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom