Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the Israeli occupation the blockades that allowed Hamas to rise to power. Because they had a monopoly on smuggling through the tunnels, during the blockade it was Hamas that would provide you with materials to rebuild your house after the Israelis had blown it up, Hamas that kept hospitals stocked with medicines. This, as I understand it is how they gained popular support in Gaza. I don't know much about Hamas as a domestic government, but for better or worse the Israelis are responsible for them being there.

And of course the Israelis most likely want a militant faction ruling Gaza. If there were no Hamas rockets where would be the justification for the wall, the blockades, the air strikes and invasions?
Hamas may be elected govt but their control is not complete
There are a number of different groups with rocket launch capability and their own tunnels to get supplies in, raiding parties out. Gilad Shalit for example was captured by these guys, Army of Islam
Not great mates with Hamas
Islamic Jihad equally have had their own run ins with Hamas and maintain infrastructure of their own
Hamas, founded as recently as recently as 1987, was founded on Islamist groups that did not start out as a militant group to fight Israel, was there to provide social support, hospitals, schools etc and to fight with other Palestinian groups. The Brotherhood model of imbedding yourself in the hearts of the people by tending to their needs was the template
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas

Gaza though small, is not homogenous, Hamas do not control everything
Israel knows this but pretends EVERYTHING that happens that Israel doesn't like is at the direct command of Hamas
However when one of their commanders kills a bunch of children it was an accident/it never happened/he was a lone rogue*..........

*Delete where applicable

I didn't say it was a good thing that Hamas was providing these services, just that it's a big part of the reason they've been able to win popular support.
IT WAS A WONDERFUL THING
No other fucker would have done bugger all for them
I mean Hamas, not al-Qassim, tho they are rather joined at the hip

IT WAS A WONDERFUL THING
No other fucker would have done bugger all for them
I mean Hamas, not al-Qassim, tho they are rather joined at the hip

I would say at best it was a mixed blessing tbh. I don't think anything 'wonderful' has happened to Gaza for a good long while.

That certainly comes under 'criticisms of Hamas and how they operate'. Have any links?
Of course.

With 47 per cent of the potential Palestinian labour force unemployed and a per capita income 23 times less than that of Israel, the Palestinian General Federation of Trade Unions (PGFTU) has a difficult enough job.

Since the Hamas takeover of Gaza in June, however, their job has become much more difficult.

The PGFTU, in the West Bank and Gaza, has been attacked from all sides - by Hamas, a Fatah militia and Israel - in acts that have included, they say, murder attempts, raids, shootings and rocket attacks.

In June, the PGFTU said Hamas seized their headquarters and ordered the union's staff to discuss how they were to operate under Hamas rule.

According to Shaher Saed, general secretary of the PGFTU, the union refused to negotiate. As a result, Saed said, three assassination attempts were made by Hamas on Rasem Al Bayari, the union's deputy general secretary, which included a rocket attack on his home in January and the bombing of his office in February.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/asia/19-04-2013/124335-injection_viruses-0/

49882.jpeg

A Palestinian released from Israeli jails, Rania Saqa, has brought to light that the Israeli regime injected detainees that are out of prisons with dangerous viruses.

Noting that Palestinian prisoners suffer from serious and chronic diseases such as bladder cancer and liver disorders, Rania has revealed that the Tel Aviv regime injects prisoners with dangerous viruses before releasing them.

The released prisoner has asked the many institutions and the international community to examine them carefully.

Most former inmates die after being released from Israeli jails.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/asia/19-04-2013/124335-injection_viruses-0/

49882.jpeg

A Palestinian released from Israeli jails, Rania Saqa, has brought to light that the Israeli regime injected detainees that are out of prisons with dangerous viruses.

Noting that Palestinian prisoners suffer from serious and chronic diseases such as bladder cancer and liver disorders, Rania has revealed that the Tel Aviv regime injects prisoners with dangerous viruses before releasing them.

The released prisoner has asked the many institutions and the international community to examine them carefully.

Most former inmates die after being released from Israeli jails.
It would be interesting to see some evidence of this .. more than one article I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom