Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
US condemns capture of Israeli soldier as "barbaric"
US officials have strongly condemned the capture of an Israeli soldier.

“That apparently Hamas individuals used the cover of a humanitarian ceasefire to attack Israeli soldiers and even to take one hostage. That would be a rather barbaric violation of the ceasefire agreement,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest told CNN.

Calling on Hamas to release the Israeli soldier, he said John Kerry, the secretary of state, had already spoken to the Israeli prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, about the next steps in the crisis.

The US urged the international community to condemn the Hamas ceasefire violation in the “strongest possible terms”, Earnest said. “And we would encourage those who have influence with Hamas to get them back on to the terms of the ceasefire and to get them to abide by the agreements that they struck just yesterday.”

From the guardian

Well, the egypt side of the border is ready to go up proper and has been for ages - any move in that area is going to be cracked down on aggressively right away. Going to have to be Suez and other places i think. Friday is the day for it though....

Yep. Sinai is locked down tightly, and has been since at least 2012. Even under Morsi it was still the most heavily-militarised province in Egypt.

“That apparently Hamas individuals used the cover of a humanitarian ceasefire to attack Israeli soldiers and even to take one hostage. That would be a rather barbaric violation of the ceasefire agreement,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest told CNN.

Calling on Hamas to release the Israeli soldier, he said John Kerry, the secretary of state, had already spoken to the Israeli prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, about the next steps in the crisis.

The US urged the international community to condemn the Hamas ceasefire violation in the “strongest possible terms”, Earnest said. “And we would encourage those who have influence with Hamas to get them back on to the terms of the ceasefire and to get them to abide by the agreements that they struck just yesterday.”

From the guardian

The capture came 'before' the ceasefire by all accounts.

From the guardian
Lets not put propaganda before facts, no-one knows the facts yet. This is the Israeli version of events and has been questioned by the Palestine official at the UN.

Is it true that the Egyptian government has managed to shut and destroy over 1,000 tunnels without the loss of one life?

(Just heard some Brazilian minister say this on the radio)

And the double think continues.

'Hamas broke the ceasefire when they attacked one of our units working to destroy the cross border tunnels'

So they were attacking when Israel were attacking tunnels? So how was that a ceasefire then.

'We agree to a ceasefire but we will still continue working to destroy the tunnels' In what universe, other that zionist universe, does that constitute agreeing to a ceasefire?

Is it true that the Egyptian government has managed to shut and destroy over 1,000 tunnels without the loss of one life?

(Just heard some Brazilian minister say this on the radio)

Probably. I'm pretty sure they have shut tunnels just by flooding them with sea water. But you know tunnels are just the pretext. This is another 'mowing the lawn' (not my words) session in Gaza.

And the double think continues.

'Hamas broke the ceasefire when they attacked one of our units working to destroy the cross border tunnels'

So they were attacking when Israel were attacking tunnels? So how was that a ceasefire then.

'We agree to a ceasefire but we will still continue working to destroy the tunnels' In what universe, other that zionist universe, does that constitute agreeing to a ceasefire?

Well, obviously, for the IDF "ceasefire" doesn't mean "complete military cessation" like it does for all other armed forces, for the IDF it obviously means "we stop shelling and bombing, but we'll still keep our sappers and logisticians busy".

"@MajedAbusalama: #Israel starts ground offensive in Shujaiyya, Beit Hanoun, Khan Younis"

Just getting some tweets that Al-Shifa hospital has been told to evacuate! Gaza's largest hospital that's full to bursting point with critically ill.

"@PalestineVideo: Charred and burned Bodies of 3 paramedics transferred to Abu-Ypusef al-Najjar Hospital after Israeli [airstrike on Ambulance] v @WattanNews"

"@PalestineVideo: Charred and burned Bodies of 3 paramedics transferred to Abu-Ypusef al-Najjar Hospital after Israeli [airstrike on Ambulance] v @WattanNews"
yeh this isn't like the nazis, who had rather different objectives in mind. this is more like my lai only approved policy rather than a lieutenant and a company of the americal division.

"@Faridwebz: Eye witness reports that IOF advanced 3km into eastern Rafah. Curfew announced by IOF and families cannot leave."

"@thompwalker: #Alshifa senior staff tell #c4news they evacuated new surgical units after receiving threats of an #Israeli attack but ER, ICU, ops running"

Even "our own" apologist vermin are cracking one by one...

15:54:
Another Conservative MP urges the UK government to rethink its approach to Gaza. "The scale of civilian casualties is now unacceptable. I think [the government] does need to send a message to Israel that its actions are becoming very difficult to justify," Sir Peter Luff told BBC Radio 4's The World at One.

Much more of this and the yanks'll be telling Dave to sort out his chaps.

Grandma, HAMAS have offered to revisit their charter several times, in return for concessions. Their rhetoric is almost all anti-Zionist, rather than anti-Semitic. Basically, HAMAS could offer to do just about anything, and the state of Israel would either reject the offer, or use it as a lever to stall any peace process, just like they did with FATAH.
http://www.adl.org/anti-semitism/muslim-arab-world/c/hamas-in-their-own-words.html

I can post some of their YouTube cartoons too if you like. The stuff being shown on TV to kids. You're right about one thing. Their rhetoric is anti zionist.. It's just some of that is also anti semitic and then some.

Let's look at this revising or revisiting their charter.. What does this mean.... We'll stop being hatefilled for concessions? Did we believe when the bnp had to open their membership lists to ethnic minorities they somehow became more acceptable?

Sorry just don't buy it. Like I said earlier. The Israeli state and hamas feed off each other because their existence justifies their actions.

You might need a lie down. I've checked, it is her.

Bt4y22aIgAEjBMQ.png:large

She called me an utter moron on twitter yesterday.

One of my prouder moments, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom