Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

G20: Getting to the truth- the death of Ian Tomlinson RIP

If you read back through this thread you would see the only people to offer up hypothetical scenarios are those who believe the police to be at fault.

Me,I just think it's a bit shit that a man died full stop.From what i'm seeing im leaning more towards thinking the police did have contact with him but saying that if it wasn't for the actions of a minority of knuckle scrapers perhaps it wouldn't have been the case.

And I stand by saying i'm disgusted at e19whatever using this mans death in an attempt to gain support.....What's next eh?A justice for Ian group on bookface

One is not you fucking wanker, get it clear will you a man is dead and i feel killed by the police, all i desire in this is for the truth to be out as to why he died.

It was not the actions a minority of knuckle scrapers but the over policeing and there actions, stop makeing out all anarchist agree becuase we do not, if you botherd to have a conversation with me, idd say i dislike them, but this is not the fucking point, it is just you moveing the subject from the facts, you say you do not like the police then stop acting as though you suport there actions, becuase as said it was these actions and these alone that lead to Ians Death and not the protesters.

One difference is I've spoken to some of those witnesses. You haven't, have you?

Ive also spoken to them, have copys of people staements, had friends who was there and was at his side when he was been given first aid, there long term respected and trusted friends some go back 20 odd years, i know who is telling me the truth and who is not, that will be the police not telling the truth, due to fact they killed him and it has been this fact from the moment it hit the news, now due to public presure the truth is comeing out.

i) They arent standing over him, and please watch winjer's video. How many people would have witnessed the assault?
ii) do you have access to the post mortem details? How can you say "guy appears to have injuries consistant with being assaulted"?
iii) how have the Police changed their story?
iv) if this was a bunch of teenagers I doubt anyone here would be doing anything apart from waiting for an investigation to take place that determined the facts of the matter, as opposed to going off on one. Why dont we, you know, actually go and do that?

i reckon itd be police bail in the hope you could bring murder or manslaughter rather than just plain old abh or assault

so do you think the officers concerned should be suspended whilst this investigation takes place?

One difference is I've spoken to some of those witnesses. You haven't, have you?

No, but I have based my information on sources that are publicly available to check - and been called a liar by you for repeating the same. That picture, for example. Or e19869's video.

But then of course such a stance is beaten in any debate by those who have access to uncheckable stuff that invariably proves that Tomlinson was murdered by the pigs. Its just a shame one cant see it yet, and that we have to take your word for it.

If you read back through this thread you would see the only people to offer up hypothetical scenarios are those who believe the police to be at fault.
Well, you obviously haven't read back through the thread then, have you?
Me,I just think it's a bit shit that a man died full stop.From what i'm seeing im leaning more towards thinking the police did have contact with him but saying that if it wasn't for the actions of a minority of knuckle scrapers perhaps it wouldn't have been the case.
flip-fucking-flop.

i reckon itd be police bail in the hope you could bring murder or manslaughter rather than just plain old abh or assault

so do you think the officers concerned should be suspended whilst this investigation takes place?

So no answers to my points, then.

As for this, its impossible to say what would or should happen based on the currently available information. There may not have been an assault. There may have been contact that was justifiable. There may have been an assault that was not justifiable. There may have been no police first aid / CPR or there may have been (indeed on this last point it strongly appears there was), and this alleged lack of treatment may or may not have led to his death.

We do not know.

Here's another theory for ya

Mr Tomlinson was living in a bail hostel....Two birds one stone(baton)???

Sky News have just trailed a clip suggesting Tomlinson was caught on camera at the G20, havent shown it yet (beyond some stock footage) but if anyone has access and is interested they might want to tune in now.

edit: no sign of it yet, a bit wierd... whether it was something that has been subject to legal action or whether it was just a filler piece that has been displaced isnt clear.

Here's another theory for ya

Mr Tomlinson was living in a bail hostel....Two birds one stone(baton)???

So it makes it right then? he was hit over the head ha no matter he was liveing in a bail hostel, sounds like your a tad right wing as i here and read this shit come from there mouths and erm ive read the whole of this post, and when you said i do not have any humanity, did you not mean yourself becuase reading your post this is how it seems.

So it makes it right then? he was hit over the head ha no matter he was liveing in a bail hostel, sounds like your a tad right wing as i here and read this shit come from there mouths and erm ive read the whole of this post, and when you said i do not have any humanity, did you not mean yourself becuase reading your post this is how it seems.

What?That makes no sense.Your grammar is disgracefull

I notice the officer who assaulted him had his face covered.

Wonder if they'll even be able to identify him?

You also cant see his numbers.

One imagines that they will be able to identify the serial at least (as he appears to be with the other five officers whose epaulettes are visible), if not via CCTV then via the record of who was posted there. As I said on the other thread its a bit odd though, several of those officers look as if they are missing bits of kit (the officer who pushes him has no shield, no gloves and no epaulettes, and there are a couple of other officers without shield).

That said, if that officer hasnt already come forward and admitted his involvement then he deserves everything that is about to happen.

It gets worse when you read the text.

The Guardian's dossier also includes a sequence of photographs, taken by three different people, showing the aftermath of the attack, as well as witness statements from people in the area at the time. A number of witnesses provided time and date-stamped photographs that substantiate their accounts. Some said they saw police officers attack Tomlinson. Witnesses say prior to the moment captured on video, he had already been hit with batons and thrown to the floor by police who blocked his route home.

One witness, the photographer Anna Branthwaite, described how in the minutes before the video captures him, she saw Tomlinson walking towards Cornhill Street. "A riot police officer had already grabbed him and was pushing him. It wasn't just pushing him – he'd rushed him. He went to the floor and he did actually roll. That was quite noticeable. It was the force of the impact. He bounced on the floor. It was a very forceful knocking-down from behind. The officer hit him twice with a baton when he was lying on the floor.

"So it wasn't just that the officer had pushed him – it became an assault. And then the officer picked him up from the back, continued to walk or charge with him, and threw him. He was running and stumbling. He didn't turn and confront the officer or anything like that."

The witness accounts contradict the official version of events given by police.

what.fucking.cunts.

and to the cunts who have been defending the pig nazi scums action on here, what the fuck do you have to say about that? Try and justify the fucking unjustifiable.

You also cant see his numbers.

One imagines that they will be able to identify the serial at least (as he appears to be with the other five officers whose epaulettes are visible), if not via CCTV then via the record of who was posted there. As I said on the other thread its a bit odd though, several of those officers look as if they are missing bits of kit (the officer who pushes him has no shield, no gloves and no epaulettes, and there are a couple of other officers without shield).

That said, if that officer hasnt already come forward and admitted his involvement then he deserves everything that is about to happen.

Inductive reasoning suggests that he's going to be exonerated eventually even if he is identified.

Inductive reasoning suggests that he's going to be exonerated eventually even if he is identified.

I quite honestly fail to see how you could exonerate that. Of all of the stuff they teach you about having to justify uses of force, all the indicators that you might have to defend yourself, none of them are present in that footage, even in the tiniest amount.

I would also be absolutely sickened and deeply ashamed if noone in that serial - never mind the officer who did this - has not already admitted their involvement in this. Though all of the above, and all my points thus far, are of course my own opinion.

Back
Top Bottom