Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

G20: Getting to the truth- the death of Ian Tomlinson RIP

Obviously the officers responsible should have the book thrown at them, after it's been dipped in glue and then broken glass, but allowing police to walk around with no numbers on hitting people at random was guaranteed to cause something like this sooner or later.

it's a millwall fc shirt you absolute cretin

I must be blind then!!111Do a double take you thick cunt.

After seeing the footage ye I agree the police were cunts and any posts after that were following on from another poster suggesting mr tomlinson wasn't such an innocent bystander

Anyway,the copper involved will go un full pay suspension for 6 months and nowt will come of it

After seeing the footage ye I agree the police were cunts and any posts after that were following on from another poster suggesting mr tomlinson wasn't such an innocent bystander

Anyway,the copper involved will go un full pay suspension for 6 months and nowt will come of it

fuck off back off and fuck the fuck off

because of course, protesters deserve that violence:rolleyes:

Well they did it. What, were those coppers sleep-bludgeoning or something?

Please dont be purile. What I meant was that the officers who released that statement probably did not know what had gone on earlier, indeed the statement makes no mention of anything apart from Tomlinson being found collapsed in Cornhill and incidents that happened there.

I quite honestly fail to see how you could exonerate that. Of all of the stuff they teach you about having to justify uses of force, all the indicators that you might have to defend yourself, none of them are present in that footage, even in the tiniest amount.

I would also be absolutely sickened and deeply ashamed if noone in that serial - never mind the officer who did this - has not already admitted their involvement in this. Though all of the above, and all my points thus far, are of course my own opinion.

The IPCC were about to release a statement before this extra evidence arrived. I can assume that they never questioned any witnesses or reviewed CCTV. The fact that they pulled the statement when it became clearer what had happened leads me to assume that they found in favour of the story the force put across initially, which leads me to assume that no copper said anything to make them change their mind.

They lie, people die.

Disgusting and utterly expected. I'd hope there will be serious consequences for both the copper that killed Tomlinson, and all his mates who presumably didn't come forward as witnesses. But somehow I doubt it.

Having just watched the Guardian video I'm even less inclined to blame the individual police officer and instead blame the police as a whole. When you have a unit of policeman trained to act as abusive thugs sent down to an event being told that it's going to kick off and they are confronted by mostly peaceful prostestors this is exactly the sort of thing that happens. Poor brainless thug probably thinks he was doing his job. The best result we're going to get is that individual is prosecuted when in fact it's the fucking system that stinks.

Confirms for me that it was a murder though.

Can we all put badco on ignore before this turns into a thread about him please? He's getting a lot of attention now and that's exactly what he wants.

Please dont be purile. What I meant was that the officers who released that statement probably did not know what had gone on earlier, indeed the statement makes no mention of anything apart from Tomlinson being found collapsed in Cornhill and incidents that happened there.

They weren't in any great rush to amend the original statement though, were they?

The Internet has been full of photos of this guy. And not one of the cops in the original line-up recognised it?

Nah.

He's getting a lot of attention now and that's exactly what he wants.

Actually,i'm trying to wind my neck out of this thread before I dig myself an even bigger hole.I'll take my attention seeking elsewhere for tonight thank you

Aye, you'd think any one of those cops, assuming they are the kind decent caring types that agricola implies they are, any one of them might have made a report, or possibly a complaint into an unprovoked assault on a member of the public by one of their team. I mean, that's what decent people would do, and there's 20 or more decent upstanding coppers there. I look forward to finding out that at least one of them, just one, made some sort of complaint about that. After all, that's what a decent person would do. I mean, I'm not a decent upstanding copper, just a public sector worker, and i'd have made a complaint if my colleague did that.

Actually,i'm trying to wind my neck out of this thread before I dig myself an even bigger hole.I'll take my attention seeking elsewhere for tonight thank you
I'd say that's a pretty smart move, all things considered.

Aye, you'd think any one of those cops, assuming they are the kind decent caring types that agricola implies they are, any one of them might have made a report, or possibly a complaint into an unprovoked assault on a member of the public by one of their team. I mean, that's what decent people would do, and there's 20 or more decent upstanding coppers there. I look forward to finding out that at least one of them, just one, made some sort of complaint about that. After all, that's what a decent person would do. I mean, I'm not a decent upstanding copper, just a public sector worker, and i'd have made a complaint if my colleague did that.

You might even have stepped forward and helped him up instead of leaving it to another bystander.

I think you'll find that actually they were all looking the other way at that exact moment, and thought Mr. Tomlinson must have just tripped over his shoelaces, tbf.

The IPCC were about to release a statement before this extra evidence arrived. I can assume that they never questioned any witnesses or reviewed CCTV. The fact that they pulled the statement when it became clearer what had happened leads me to assume that they found in favour of the story the force put across initially, which leads me to assume that no copper said anything to make them change their mind.

They lie, people die.

The IPCC statement appears to suggest that they focused on Cornhill initially, where there was no police contact (aside frm the medics) and independent witnesses to confirm that. Once it became clear that there was an incident prior to this - which followed on from the release of photos of him and the campaign for an investigation - involving Tomlinson then they extended their investigation. It might also be worth pointing out that the police involved may not have known that the person they were involved with was Tomlinson either, though surely they must by now.

maomao said:
Having just watched the Guardian video I'm even less inclined to blame the individual police officer and instead blame the police as a whole. When you have a unit of policeman trained to act as abusive thugs sent down to an event being told that it's going to kick off and they are confronted by mostly peaceful prostestors this is exactly the sort of thing that happens. Poor brainless thug probably thinks he was doing his job. The best result we're going to get is that individual is prosecuted when in fat it's the fucking system that stinks.

I disagree - the rest of those officers do not do what this one officer did - (indeed one of the dog officers appears to just poke him in the back with his finger) and I can emphatically assure you that you are not trained to push someone in the back who is walking away from you with their hands in their pockets, so hard that they fall face-first to the floor, and then walk off behind your mates.

Look at the t shirt he had on!!!

Why was he so close to the police?Was he provoking them?I'm guessing living in a bail ho(s)tel he had some bad feelings for the police

Regardless,the police actions were not right.

It bad to stereotype you know, but I can't help but agree I also know that he been homeless for a number of years and anyone who seen homeless people they generally treated as second class citizens, as I know as I buy a Big Issue Mag from a guy who been at the same spot for well over five/six years now. The sad thing is that I witness once a couple of Senior looking police chiefs giving him a once over and had a word about his dog not being on leash. It made my blood boil as I've been walking past this guy and his dog for many a year and the dog never given any trouble to anyone. At that point I wanted to say to them how many years has this man been here for and I bet they couldn't be able to answer that question if it were put to them. As you and I know homeless people are always being asked to move on by Police and their mickey mouse counterpart. It's not surprising that some resentment to build up about the Police force in return.

Back
Top Bottom