Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

G20: Getting to the truth- the death of Ian Tomlinson RIP

Police are taught in situations like this to push people who won't move(rather than arrest them). They do this with both hands, or if in riot gear, with their shield.
He was following his training.

Anyone familliar with the area shown in the video know if there is CCTV coverage there? Given that it's central London there can't be much chance this didn't get caught on camera. And if it did, why didn't the IPCC have the footage? Why weren't they the ones stating that Tomlinson had been attacked by police? What's the point of all these fucking cameras if nobody looks at the footage when someone dies in suspicious circumstances?

They may already have that footage (if it exists), indeed they may already be investigating that officer (its worth pointing out that the initial statement suggests that they have his route down on CCTV) - but they would not release it piecemeal to the press, especially given the circumstances (that criminal charges would be likely).

Nor would they necessarily give full details of what the CCTV actually showed, since it might affect the quality of witnesses at any future trial.

The controls on the Guardian video don't allow for slowing down or zooming in. Does anyone have the clip as a downloadable file?

Police are taught in situations like this to push people who won't move(rather than arrest them). They do this with both hands, or if in riot gear, with their shield.

Absolute nonsense.

edit: and he is clearly batoned by the officer who pushes him right before he pushes him.

Are you a policeman?

He was moving ffs. Furthermore, not moving is not a crime so it's hard to see how they could arrest him for it.

If a policeman/woman, had died of an heart attack because of being pushed by protesters, should the protesters have been charged with murder or manslaughter?

No it is not.

Police are trained to baton someone, then push them over from behind, when they are all the while walking away in the direction the police want them to go with their hands in their pockets? And then the officer is trained to stand behind other colleagues, with no shield, no gloves, no numbers visible and holding the baton over their shoulder like someone out of The Warriors?

You are talking rubbish.

If a policeman/woman, had died of an heart attack because of being pushed by protesters, should the protesters have been charged with murder or manslaughter?

You can bet your shirt that they would have been. There would be speeches in The House about it and doubtless a new crackdown on being in public in the presence of a police officer.

If a protester struck a copper with a baton, then pushed them so they smacked their head on the pavement and minutes later died, I should think they would definitely be charged with murder :rolleyes:

The guy's fucking walking away from them! :mad:

Police are trained to baton someone, then push them over from behind, when they are all the while walking away in the direction the police want them to go with their hands in their pockets? And then the officer is trained to stand behind other colleagues, with no shield, no gloves, no numbers visible and holding the baton over their shoulder like someone out of The Warriors?

You are talking rubbish.

The policeman who pushed him, was following his training. It's bleeding obvious they were telling him to move. Where is the footage of him being hit with a baton?

2 more stories, Audio:

She Spent An Hour Gettin Out The Cordon
http://is.gd/q5IT

Photographers Story His Colleague Got Beaten
http://is.gd/q8kY

Since the murder of Carlos Gialiani there has been a marked determination by some protesters to make sure the bastards responsible for 'justice' are held responsible.

We should salute all those peeps who in any small way get the truth out there, circulating the info and acting on it....

wankers like badco and there ilk can go fuck off.. I have never ignored anyone in my life but sometimes you just have to. I agree with mm ignore the diversions theres plenty more important things to be doing..

Like keep getting the info circulating, in any small way we can..

RIP Ian T
Looks like you are going to be remembered mate..

The policeman who pushed him, was following his training. It's bleeding obvious they were telling him to move. Where is the footage of him being hit with a baton?

You're on a massive fucking loser here - I'd bow out gracefully if I were you. He's hit with a baton from behind and then pushed onto the concrete, as everyone can see, and lots of people will.

Regardless of what my opinion is he was acting in a non threatening manner and thus no need for any force whatsoever

They may already have that footage (if it exists), indeed they may already be investigating that officer (its worth pointing out that the initial statement suggests that they have his route down on CCTV) - but they would not release it piecemeal to the press, especially given the circumstances (that criminal charges would be likely).

Nor would they necessarily give full details of what the CCTV actually showed, since it might affect the quality of witnesses at any future trial.

Could the fact that false accounts of the incident were being spread to the press by the police not affect the quality of witnesses as well? More, in fact, considering CCTV footage doesn't lie, whereas metropolitan police spokesman seem capable of little else? I'm sure there are reasons why the IPCC wouldn't wish to say anything until they were sure of all the facts, but could they not perhaps have slipped the police a memo to tell them to stop prejudicing a possible criminal case by spreading bullshit?

Do you know anything about police training? As for the footage of him being hit with a baton, that would be the same footage that shows him getting pushed over - but as this is so blatantly obvious that everyone apart from you has seen it, I will be making no further replies to you, troll.

For some reason I can't see any video on the Guardian on Firefox or IE. If anyone finds a different site with the clip then please post it.

Back
Top Bottom