Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fucking Football

I went to see American History X at the pictures once and I think one or two of the audience might not have been sympathetic to it's liberal message.

And I was in the same audience as them! OMG! I've legitimised racism! :eek:

I'd be more worried about legitimising liberalism. :D

You go to the pub with them, you work with them, you get on a bus with them etc. etc. does that mean you legitimise their behaviour?

No & no I also don't make a habit of defending an activity that seems determined to drag as many folk as possible down that level of fuckwittery.

You line-up on the terraces with them, or legitimise their game in other ways
"Them" being who exactly?

The notion that simply attending a football match infers some sort of direct association with the opinions and acts of racists really is spectacularly stupid.

No & no I also don't make a habit of defending an activity that seems determined to drag as many folk as possible down that level of fuckwittery.

I can't abide football, and hate a lot of the macho culture around it, but you're backing a loser here. To condemn a set of people because a subset of people are cunts is sheer folly.

people who think football is all about racism, sexism and homophobia are even worse than football fans. only some football fans are racist, sexist homophobes whereas all the people who think thats what football is about are fuckwits

ok, I'm waving my magic wand aaaand... you're a kid again. What are you doing right now, you big weirdo, instead of being out playing footie with all the lads? :confused:

Baffling.

^
^
See, what I'm saying is, it's not all us footie fans what are wrong 'uns - it's you. You're mental.

Suck it up, dear boy, suck it up. At least it only goes on for a coupe of hours. The cricket and tennis go on for weeks.

The notion that simply attending a football match infers some sort of direct association with the opinions and acts of racists really is spectacularly stupid.

Strange, because all my life I've seen football "fans" make exactly those associations between themselves.

funny how few openly gay footballers there are.
funny how few openly gay bank managers there are.
funny how few openly gay teachers there are.
funny how few openly gay news readers there are.
funny how few openly gay train drivers there are.
funny how few openly gay greengrocers there are.

etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzz

Strange, because all my life I've seen football "fans" make exactly those associations between themselves.

So you're prepared to tar every single other one with the same brush?

I guess that makes you small minded, bigoted etc etc etc.

:)

people who think football is all about racism, sexism and homophobia are even worse than football fans. only some football fans are racist, sexist homophobes whereas all the people who think thats what football is about are fuckwits

My ex was one of those fuckwits, she really believed that's what all football fans were like. The mad cow.

I might have mentioned this before, but I took her to a game once. It was the first game she'd ever attended - a playoff semi-final between Swindon and Brighton. She got quite agitated about the chants coming from the Brighton end, until I realised what the problem was. I had to explain that they were chanting "Seagulls!", and not "Seig Heil!".

funny how few openly gay bank managers there are.
funny how few openly gay teachers there are.
funny how few openly gay news readers there are.
funny how few openly gay train drivers there are.
funny how few openly gay greengrocers there are.

etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzz

There are far more openly gay people in any of the above professions than in football. It *is* funny how few openly gay footballers there are, very funny indeed. But I suspect that will change dramatically over the next decade or so.

My ex was one of those fuckwits, she really believed that's what all football fans were like. The mad cow.

I might have mentioned this before, but I took her to a game once. It was the first game she'd ever attended - a playoff semi-final between Swindon and Brighton. She got quite agitated about the chants comign from the Brighton end, until I realised what the problem was. I had to explain that they were chanting "Seagulls!", and not "Seig Heil!".
A million times...a million boards...

From this thread, it looks like football fans get really angry really easily.

I suppose it's to do with all those times of feeling enormous passion over a football team - such emotion over an arbitrary choice :p

*straps on protective helmet and stirs the pot further*

Back
Top Bottom