Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

'That's the Look'
'That's the Look'

'THE LOOK OF LOVE'

DH0_pzzXUAEtpTD.jpg

I'd like to apologise to everyone for that this thread has become. A never ending, hate filled piss bucket of noise.

I wish I could delete it, as I think we've all reached peak Tampz now. 43 games to go, only one more encounter with the meat mountain.
I find it quite entertaining myself, and if you hadn't started it, someone else would have. Besides, it's good to have an alternative to the sponsored Sun articles and all the other puffed up PR nonsense that's out there. This fella wants to be talked about, and there's plenty of people here happy to oblige, so it's a win all round, no?

*Please note: there is an 'ignore thread' facility for anyone upset at the mere existence of this thread.

We could all take head from the management on this one, regardless of our past endeavours in this here thread.

You know, until he hits a kid or something.

This Sums the situation up better than I can Meet Glenn Tamplin: the Donald Trump of non-league football

The problem with Tamplin is he has gone for hard and fast PR which is great, however what he has not accounted for is when you raise your PR at such a rate you are going to be on everyone's radar and not everyone will not agree with what you do and how you do it. The big issue is he loves the love but can't stand the times when people question his videos of overhyped team talks, question his taste and point out the money he is spending. The only people that will ultimately love what he is doing are the people of Billericay and he seems to be unable to get his heard round the fact that those outside the club will judge and for every positive comment there are 3 negative.

The issue of not all Billericay fans are bad guys I get, but there are those that venomously back him when he is wrong and point towards a UKIP style argument of "How can I be racist my best mates black", in their case they point out his charity work as a reason to put him above criticism, for me thats a cop out and makes those fans part of the problem, the refusal to judge him as you would anyone in your daily life because of money/charity is for me nuts. Huntley might of been a good caretaker but he was still a murderer.

I am not jealous and I am not a hater but I think he is classless due to his language and threats I think he has utterly terrible taste and I think he is spending too much money, cracking a nut with a sledgehammer,

Last edited:
This Sums the situation up better than I can Meet Glenn Tamplin: the Donald Trump of non-league football

The problem with Tamplin is he has gone for hard and fast PR which is great, however what he has not accounted for is when you raise your PR at such a rate you are going to be on everyone's radar and not everyone will not agree with what you do and how you do it. The big issue is he loves the love but can't stand the times when people question his videos of overhyped team talks, question his taste and point out the money he is spending. The only people that will ultimately love what he is doing are the people of Billericay and he seems to be unable to get his heard round the fact that those outside the club will judge and for every positive comment there are 3 negative.

The issue of not all Billericay fans are bad guys I get, but there are those that venomously back him when he is wrong and point towards a UKIP style argument of "How can I be racist my best mates black", in their case they point out his charity work as a reason to put him above criticism, for me thats a cop out and makes those fans part of the problem, the refusal to judge him as you would anyone in your daily life because of money/charity is for me nuts. Huntley might of been a good caretaker but he was still a murderer.

I am not jealous and I am not a hater but I think he is classless due to his language and threats I think he has utterly terrible taste and I think he is spending too much money, cracking a nut with a sledgehammer,

All fair points.

It's not for me to suggest what fans of another club should do, but enthusiastically lapping it all up without criticism and making excuses for Tamplin's excessive behaviour without sparing a second's thought what will happen if it all goes tits up doesn't seem the greatest way to prepare for an uncertain future.

If it happened at Hamlet and the fans all went along with it, I'd find another team to support. But that's just me. I stopped supporting my big team because I saw how a big spending, all-controlling rich twat can destroy everything I liked about the experience.

PS What was your thoughts about the Billericay fans that flooded out the gate when they were losing to Hamlet?

It's quite clear that not all BTFC fans are going a long with it. I think Ben Alltimes has made it quite clear that he is not happy with a lot of what is going on. I also made the point earlier that a core of their support are looking at means to protect their club in the long-term in case (when?) it falls apart, i.e. forming a supporters trust. Just because they don't come on this forum or other social media to publish this doesn't mean it's not happening. In fact, if I was in their shoes, I would work behind the scenes too. They clearly have a very emotional owner, and if they were to publicly question him, then who knows what he might do? He has all the aces and a lot of toys that he could throw out of his pram.

Also, the billy big bollocks on who has more fans is embarrassing. It doesn't make the views of Billericay's core support any less valid...just because others have turned up due the PR (be it good or bad).

It's quite clear that not all BTFC fans are going a long with it. I think Ben Alltimes has made it quite clear that he is not happy with a lot of what is going on. I also made the point earlier that a core of their support are looking at means to protect their club in the long-term in case (when?) it falls apart, i.e. forming a supporters trust. Just because they don't come on this forum or other social media to publish this doesn't mean it's not happening. In fact, if I was in their shoes, I would work behind the scenes too. They clearly have a very emotional owner, and if they were to publicly question him, then who knows what he might do? He has all the aces and a lot of toys that he could throw out of his pram.

Also, the billy big bollocks on who has more fans is embarrassing. It doesn't make the views of Billericay's core support any less valid...just because others have turned up due the PR (be it good or bad).
Though, of course, while supporter ownership can save and stabilise a club, who knows what the future holds if they then give up ownership in the hope of success when a rich man comes along a la Portsmouth, for example?

It's quite clear that not all BTFC fans are going a long with it.
Good job that no one here is making such a stupid claim then, isn't it? I've certainly never claimed that every single BTFC fan is embracing the idiot's antics.

I imagine there are plenty who are cringing every time he opens his mouth.

Don't be mean.
I'm not being mean...I'm being factual. Pompey fans have accepted that supporter ownership will not work for the long-term, if they want to progress up the divisions, in their attempts to grab onto Southampton's coat-tails...ok, I accept that last bit may have been a little bit mean! ;)

Look at the SPL for an example of this. I totally get what you're saying and basically agree. However, as I said before there will never be a proper 'level playing field.' Your own club will probably have a massive financial advantage over a club like Met Police with their 50 fans.
Met Police were promoted to the Premier Division two seasons befroe Hamlet. At that time our average attendance was 225 and they had a big advantage over us because of the way their team was funded by the Police Lottery. We certainly didn't have a bigger playing budget than them at that time. But of course their attendances haven't gorwn, even with a few good finishes at Premier Division level, and now it seems their lottery funding has been scaled back. Our crowd growth came before the budget increase. We've only been able to become one of the bigger budget Premier Division sides because of our crowds, not the other way around.

Billericay is barely even a town. Terrible place.

Well, not everyone would prefer south London. I used to live in Stockwell so I know what I'm talking about.
You probably don't realise B.I.G is an Essex Man, so he knows what he's talking about! :D:D:D (Personally I prefer Billericay to Hornchurch any day!)

I'd like to apologise to everyone for that this thread has become. A never ending, hate filled piss bucket of noise.

I wish I could delete it, as I think we've all reached peak Tampz now. 43 games to go, only one more encounter with the meat mountain.
I think it's time to work out how to use that "ignore thread" facility that Editor has mentioned in the past, but which I've never yet deployed.

I think all this talk about tamplin and Billericay has distracted us from what supporting Dulwich Hamlet is actually really about: me.

So the BBC will be showing their FA Cup game on Iplayer against Didcot and Sky News are rocking up tomorrow to film the changing rooms and the game....

So the BBC will be showing their FA Cup game on Iplayer against Didcot and Sky News are rocking up tomorrow to film the changing rooms and the game....
It's a circus, it's entertainment.....to be honest I wouldn't have expected anything less, unfortunately.

Saturday 26 Aug 2017
Billericay Town V Burgess Hill
attendance announced as 1,110
And your point is? Does it really matter what their attendances are? It's quite clear that they have had a substantial increase in gates since Tamplin took over...I would expect them to hold onto four figure crowds for the rest of the season.

And your point is? Does it really matter what their attendances are? It's quite clear that they have had a substantial increase in gates since Tamplin took over...I would expect them to hold onto four figure crowds for the rest of the season.
Maybe the point is that figures far, far in excess of a thousand were confidently predicted by Essex's Donald Trump.

Maybe the point is that figures far, far in excess of a thousand were confidently predicted by Essex's Donald Trump.
Yes, but we all know that....it's been mentioned several times on this thread. It seems some have a somewhat unhealthy obsession on him. He not good for football, but he's hardly the first, and won't be the last.

I think the interesting thing about the attendances is you can get a number of celebrity ex League players and lots of publicity but it will only increase your attendances by x amount - Pleased that Dulwich Hamlets steady increases has ensured that to date our attendances still out perform - a fact that has forced Billericay to include away attendances to justify being the Bostick Leagues best supported team

I refuse to be distracted by BHFC and good luck to their fans - but feel only right to address "fake news" re attendances

We have best home attendances to date and therefore can claim to be best supported team in the League

Now for another 1,000 plus crowd in el Clasicco

Back
Top Bottom