Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamlet v Billericay (Isthmian League) Easter Saturday 30.03.24 (3pm ko)

PP pretty much sums it up. Didn’t play well but comfortably seeing out a 1-0 win until Deacon’s injury.
Weak evening from Hatfull gave away an unnecessary throw and then he got exposed for the winner.
Up to then we were poor but they never looked like scoring. With hindsight would have got Ricketts on and play anybody at right back with him protecting them.
Clifton was a poor replacement for Mills and so ultimately the game was decided by the benches.

A Billericay supporting twat wearing a 'Trump 2024' cap chucked beer around, mostly over me, at the carwash end when they scored, twice in quick succession. So that didn't endear me to their fans any more than previously mentioned in this thread.

Disregarding the result for a moment, the most disappointing aspect of our performance is that we never really threatened to get the second goal that would have given us some margin for error against opponents who look a good side on paper, but whose confidence must have been very fragile after such a poor run of results,. If we'd had a couple more gilt-edged chances and wasted them it would have been infuriating, but we didn't even manage that.

Their young left winger was pretty slippery but Deacon kept him on a fairly tight leash and didn't allow him the time or space to really do any damage before going off. I think anyone having to come on for the final 10 minutes in that situation was vulnerable to being exposed.

couldnt make it today but i suppose if there is a silver lining to the whole episode its that we can really start to prepare for next season now. I would imagine Hak has targets lined up already and we can now make our sales pitches knowing that (hopefully) we'll be title challengers rather than a team trying to stay up (in a deeply unpleasant division.)

Immensely disappointing, nothing much new to add to the above posts. Our goal was really until that point the only bit of real quality play when it all clicked.

Not even Hornchurch did us a favour either. Very deflating loss.

Max pics!

In photos: Play-off dreams fade as Dulwich Hamlet lose 1-2 at home to Billericay, Sat 30th March 2024

In photos: Play-off dreams fade as Dulwich Hamlet lose 1-2 at home to Billericay, Sat 30th March 2024

Back
Top Bottom