Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Better all-round footballer partly because his greater height and stature gave him a much greater physical presence, and certainly more two-footed, but less disciplined and less consistent. Erhun made more of what he's got and probably had a greater positive effect on the players alongside him.
Summed up perfectly

Harry Wheeler from Welling and elsewhere is there in the same role that Justin Gardner had last season. He's got his UEFA A badge etc and has been around the block for a young bloke.
Aaahhh. Didn't know there was someone competent behind the scenes. Shame, thought the whole Glenn Running The Team thing was nicely charitable to the rest of the division. Will be revising my predictions now towards Billericay being major, major favourites.

Aaahhh. Didn't know there was someone competent behind the scenes. Shame, thought the whole Glenn Running The Team thing was nicely charitable to the rest of the division. Will be revising my predictions now towards Billericay being major, major favourites.
Yeah, spoils it a bit. But, as Pink Panther says, who knows how much Tamps (I call him Tamps now) will be interfering in things.

Also, Tamps appears to have vanished from Twitter and elsewhere at the mo.

Yeah, spoils it a bit. But, as Pink Panther says, who knows how much Tamps (I call him Tamps now) will be interfering in things.

I like the fact he retweeted this pisstake without realising it:

Seems to coincide with his haters poster with the numbers to ring on it. I'm sure certain authorities will have taken an interest in his Twitter account. Wonder how much earlier stuff about bets and violence was deleted?

Seems to coincide with his haters poster with the numbers to ring on it. I'm sure certain authorities will have taken an interest in his Twitter account. Wonder how much earlier stuff about bets and violence was deleted?

Dunno if it's already been referenced on this thread but I stumbled across 'Tamps'' BBC Radio Essex interview from about 2 weeks ago (there's really no avoiding the bugger, I swear!) and he seemed very open about the fact the FA have warned him and said they're investigating his various social media outbursts.

You mean Pink Panths, right? ;)

But Wheeler himself is pretty much unproven and an unknown quantity, and he's younger than the senior players. He's passed the coaching theory with flying colours, but that's not quite the same as delivering results on a weekly basis in a competitive league. His pen picture references Andre Villas Boas, another young coach who came unstuck at clubs where he was expected to be an unqualified success:

Harry Wheeler

'Tamps' just comes across as so impulsive and unpredicatable there's really now knowing how it will all pan out. Rarely can the term "rich man's toy" have been so applicable to any football club.

But Wheeler himself is pretty much unproven and an unknown quantity, and he's younger than the senior players. He's passed the coaching theory with flying colours, but that's not quite the same as delivering results on a weekly basis in a competitive league. His pen picture references Andre Villas Boas, another young coach who came unstuck at clubs where he was expected to be an unqualified success:

Harry Wheeler

'Tamps' just comes across as so impulsive and unpredicatable there's really now knowing how it will all pan out. Rarely can the term "rich man's toy" have been so applicable to any football club.

Time will tell. They could well get through half a dozen head coaches this season.

I won't link to the story. But if you read it, it's pure PR puff. I think the whole thing has been set up to provide this "story." The cheerleaders themselves appear to have been provided by a local model and PR agency (so perfect sleazy photo ops for the Sun). And all the backstory about Tamplin is positive (devout Christian, disabled kids, green-eyed rivals). Plus Mark Wright's name is front and centre. The Mail has ripped the story and included some of his more nefarious activities in the back-story. In the sun article the only reference is a quote from the great man - “I have never sold a gram of gear in my life — nor have I done anything illegally intentionally.” He clearly has a formal PR deal with The Sun. I really hope the Hamlet and other clubs don't get dragged into this shit. But we could end up being part of the whole fools' carnival.

Last edited:
It's clear the Billericay circus will roll on and on.

As a club, we don't really care what they get up to because it's just not our way so have no intention of even unintentionally being brought into it.

We share nothing other than a place at the same level of football in the same division

Pretty sure I saw a video doing the rounds of the players singing his favourite song....does this not risk 'unintentionally being brought into it'?

In the sun article the only reference is a quote from the great man - “I have never sold a gram of gear in my life — nor have I done anything illegally intentionally.”

He just fell foul of one of those obscure 16th century laws that have never been taken off the book. 'And ye shalle not dump ye truckloads of shyte wheresoever thouest dost please.':(

I won't link to the story. But if you read it, it's pure PR puff. I think the whole thing has been set up to provide this "story." The cheerleaders themselves appear to have been provided by a local model and PR agency (so perfect sleazy photo ops for the Sun). And all the backstory about Tamplin is positive (devout Christian, disabled kids, green-eyed rivals). Plus Mark Wright's name is front and centre. The Mail has ripped the story and included some of his more nefarious activities in the back-story. In the sun article the only reference is a quote from the great man - “I have never sold a gram of gear in my life — nor have I done anything illegally intentionally.” He clearly has a formal PR deal with The Sun. I really hope the Hamlet and other clubs don't get dragged into this shit. But we could end up being part of the whole fools' carnival.
You mean this story? ;)
Billericay Town FC's millionaire owner FIRES his team's sexy cheerleaders - for trying to pull the players and distracting them from the club's promotion battle

How can it be a promotion 'battle' if the season hasn't started?
I'm expecting US to be in a 'promotion battle'...and surely pre-season is part of 'promotion battle' as the work in pre-season can often define the start of a team's 'promotion battle'...

Pretty sure I saw a video doing the rounds of the players singing his favourite song....does this not risk 'unintentionally being brought into it'?

What the players do in their private time is very difficult to control and it was not filmed at the club or through official channels of the club.

I don't believe anyone would use the phrase "gram of gear" unless they buy it or peddle it.

The 1970s called and asked for its story back.

Back
Top Bottom