Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Just in case anyone has forgotten who owns the club, he's put a picture of himself on the program cover, showing him telling the players where to go.

What's a program? And isn't he also the manager? It's actually not that uncommon to have photos of a manager on the cover of a programme.

Also, congratulations folks.

With the above two posts we have now surpassed the number of comments on a thread about the ground redevelopment proposals.
That's probably because I've declined to get involved with that discussion for various reasons. :D

I see they've signed Jermaine Pennant now, according to the Scum.
At first you think wooo, Pennant, and then you remember his bad attitude, tardiness, tendency towards drink driving, the ability to fuck up and fail to impress despite being given multiple fresh starts, all round cock womblery, and come to the conclusion hes probably found his natural level. All be it 14 years too late.

Something interesting's gonna happen here. Either the wet-eared owner-mananger will be out-foxed by experienced non-league coaches and the policy of buying Premier League veterans will look foolish as an increasingly youthful and athletic league expose their slowing limbs.

Or it'll all go fabulously for BTFC, investment will pour into this level of football and the Step 3 will be fully professional and largely unwinnable by the early 2020s.

Pennant played for my pro team (Notts County) when he was 15. Notts flogged him to Arsenal that season for £1m and it all went to sh1t for him. He's from a very troubled background in the Meadows area of Nottingham (where Notts are based). His dad is a serious piece of work.

So maybe he'll thrive under Tamplin's tender guidance.

They are paying him £3000 a week!!!!
In 2006, Liverpool signed Jermaine Pennant from Birmingham for £6.7m. He scored 3 goals in 81 games across all competitions. lets hope his form hasn't dropped :D

Last edited:
I mean, without knowing BTFC's system too much, It feels like he's just signing people for the hell of it, rather than targeting areas that need strengthening?

I'm sure he wouldn't just do it for the column inches...

Back
Top Bottom