Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

I reckon that given his bloated ego and immense sensitivity to what is written about him, I reckon there's a fair chance he reads this, in which case, "Hello Glenn - sign up and join in with the BanTz."

At first you think wooo, Pennant, and then you remember his bad attitude, tardiness, tendency towards drink driving, the ability to fuck up and fail to impress despite being given multiple fresh starts, all round cock womblery, and come to the conclusion hes probably found his natural level. All be it 14 years too late.
His mum died of cancer when he was 3 years old. He grew up on a shit estate riddled with drugs and crime. His dad was lunatic so Jermaine had to help raise his younger brother and sisters.He some how managed to become a pro footballer whilst living through that. He was a troubled soul that ended with addiction issues. I hope he has found some peace and stability in his life and does well, whoever he plays for.

His mum died of cancer when he was 3 years old. He grew up on a shit estate riddled with drugs and crime. His dad was lunatic so Jermaine had to help raise his younger brother and sisters.He some how managed to become a pro footballer whilst living through that. He was a troubled soul that ended with addiction issues. I hope he has found some peace and stability in his life and does well, whoever he plays for.

I didnt know any of that, so if he has lived through that and come out the other side, much less been a professional footballer than fair play to him.

(Billericay are still going to implode though.)

I've nothing against Pennant particularly but players who've slipped way down the leagues don't tend to suddenly shrug off whatever caused that and play well. Especially at 34.

Even aside from whatever they're paying him I'd genuinely much rather have Nyren Clunis in the team than him.

One of the best ever players to grace our hallowed turf was an ex-Football League player. A pure joy to watch when he was on form...I remind you of Peter 'Blobby' Garland.

THAT goal at Gravesend and Northfleet! I was level with him when he hit it, as were you. their supporters were not best pleased when the Rabble celebrated like mad....

(also, fuck calling them Ebbsfleet)

One of the best ever players to grace our hallowed turf was an ex-Football League player. A pure joy to watch when he was on form...I remind you of Peter 'Blobby' Garland.
My old man took me to see Sutton utd v Bishop storford at wembley (early eighties) and John radford ex arsenal played for storford. He could hardly move but stilll controlled the game with some great skill, vision and passing.

He was absolutely brilliant in the 2007 European Cup Final that Liverpool lost 2-1 to AC Milan.

A friend of mine played in the far east with Jermaine Pennant and was trying to persuade Pennant to go to Turkey. Guess see what happens.
Is it bad to suggest I just want Billericay out the division as soon as possible? I'd be amazed if they don't win the league by 20+ points.

Not many better. The overhead kick against Hendon that led to the original WALLGATE.
Sublime footballer, outrageous at times - and I'd suggest even more naturally talented than even Erhun.

He was absolutely brilliant in the 2007 European Cup Final that Liverpool lost 2-1 to AC Milan.

A friend of mine played in the far east with Jermaine Pennant and was trying to persuade Pennant to go to Turkey. Guess see what happens.
Is it bad to suggest I just want Billericay out the division as soon as possible? I'd be amazed if they don't win the league by 20+ points.
I'd be amazed if they do win the league by 20 points. In fact I think they'll do well to win it at all. They have the worst manager in the division. Every comment attributed to him sounds half-baked and impulsive. Does he even have any coaching credentials? Their best chance is that there aren't many other obvious contenders. We're always there or thereabouts but have never been consistent enough to get close to the minimum 2 points per game needed to be Premier Division champions, and the rest of the division looks much of a muchness.

I heard a radio essex interview where he basically said he's just having a look at it but has offers in europe and scotland so he's certainly not signed.

I'd be amazed if they do win the league by 20 points. In fact I think they'll do well to win it at all. They have the worst manager in the division. Every comment attributed to him sounds half-baked and impulsive. Does he even have any coaching credentials? Their best chance is that there aren't many other obvious contenders. We're always there or thereabouts but have never been consistent enough to get close to the minimum 2 points per game needed to be Premier Division champions, and the rest of the division looks much of a muchness.

Agreed. And I think if you asked lower league fans to name some of their team's worst ever players, you'd get a lot of players who dropped down from higher up with a lot of fanfare, ambled around the pitch for a few games doing next to nothing then fucked off. Obviously that doesn't always happen but you can bet they will have a few like that.

I think they'll win the league and probably comfortably one way or the other if things stay as they are. He's not really the manager other than in name and it seems he didn't even make it to their game at the weekend. Harry Wheeler from Welling and elsewhere is there in the same role that Justin Gardner had last season. He's got his UEFA A badge etc and has been around the block for a young bloke.

Tamplin's taking the Man City approach of having two good players in each position so if one gets lazy the other can take over. If that doesn't work he'll most likely bring in a third player. I think there are only two things that could derail them for now. One would be 'something' happening off the pitch regarding Tamplin's finances. The other is him getting the right hump with crowd sizes if they aren't as spectacular as he seems to think they will be. The turnout for their game against Orient on Saturday wasn't amazing considering all the hype and a large turnout from the reinvigorated opposition fans.

It will go belly up somewhere along the line I imagine but i'm not sure it will be this season.

I think they'll win the league and probably comfortably one way or the other if things stay as they are. He's not really the manager other than in name and it seems he didn't even make it to their game at the weekend. Harry Wheeler from Welling and elsewhere is there in the same role that Justin Gardner had last season. He's got his UEFA A badge etc and has been around the block for a young bloke.

Tamplin's taking the Man City approach of having two good players in each position so if one gets lazy the other can take over. If that doesn't work he'll most likely bring in a third player. I think there are only two things that could derail them for now. One would be 'something' happening off the pitch regarding Tamplin's finances. The other is him getting the right hump with crowd sizes if they aren't as spectacular as he seems to think they will be. The turnout for their game against Orient on Saturday wasn't amazing considering all the hype and a large turnout from the reinvigorated opposition fans.

It will go belly up somewhere along the line I imagine but i'm not sure it will be this season.
A lot probably depends on whether Wheeler is allowed to work without unhelpful interventions. Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing them off totally, I just think it's far from a given that they'll win it. Everything about the club looks so unstable and turbulent. Who knows what further changes may occur if things begin to go wrong.

Wealdstone were the last champions to win at a canter. In each of the last three seasons the runners up have had 95, 94 & 92 points. If anyone else can get to that level I feel there's a good chance Billericay will be consigned to the play-offs.

Not many better. The overhead kick against Hendon that led to the original WALLGATE.
Sublime footballer, outrageous at times - and I'd suggest even more naturally talented than even Erhun.
Hmmm....to be honest, that was nothing like Wall-gate... ;)

Better all-round footballer partly because his greater height and stature gave him a much greater physical presence, and certainly more two-footed, but less disciplined and less consistent. Erhun made more of what he's got and probably had a greater positive effect on the players alongside him.

Back
Top Bottom