Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

At what point in Billericay Town's history were they in a boat? specifically, an out of proportion galleon?

Also why do they have a boat on their crest? Hamlet are 3x closer to a navigable body of water than 'ricay. Unless of course they're keen on sailing on the Hanningfield reservoir?

I work close to Billericay and our Company Emblem is The Mayflower

Pilgrim Fathers[edit]
A meeting of the Pilgrim Fathers prior to their sailing in the Mayflower is said to have taken place in Billericay, and many local names and much historical imagery reflect this: Mayflower House, Morris Men, Taxis, School, Hall. Sunnymede School's houses were called Mayflower, Pilgrim, Chantry and Martin (after Christopher Martin, a Billericay merchant who travelled on the Mayflower as Ship's Governor).

Four people from Billericay were on board, including Christopher Martin. He and his wife Marie, along with Solomon Prowe and John Langemore, perished shortly after their arrival at Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

The unfortunate fate of the would-be pioneers did not deter other inhabitants of Billericay from setting sail for the New World. The town of Billerica, Massachusetts was established in 1655 by colonists from Billericay and named after their home town in England.

Pilgrim Fathers[edit]
A meeting of the Pilgrim Fathers prior to their sailing in the Mayflower is said to have taken place in Billericay, and many local names and much historical imagery reflect this: Mayflower House, Morris Men, Taxis, School, Hall. Sunnymede School's houses were called Mayflower, Pilgrim, Chantry and Martin (after Christopher Martin, a Billericay merchant who travelled on the Mayflower as Ship's Governor).

Four people from Billericay were on board, including Christopher Martin. He and his wife Marie, along with Solomon Prowe and John Langemore, perished shortly after their arrival at Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

The unfortunate fate of the would-be pioneers did not deter other inhabitants of Billericay from setting sail for the New World. The town of Billerica, Massachusetts was established in 1655 by colonists from Billericay and named after their home town in England.

22 pages in this thread yields its first positive effect...

Um, how is pointing out that a capacity of a ground is wrong 'nit-picking'. If you carry on like that I'll have a view of you as coming across as a bit of a mug online, and we wouldn't want that would we...

Not sure of the figure, but I think a lot less tickets than that went on sale, but not sure, off the top of my head...

As pleasant as him referring to a hunger strike as a "Bobby Sands" on the Beckenham thread. :rolleyes:
Personally I don't think that was offensive. As someone who remembers those days I fully supported and marched for the aims of the hunger strikers, and today I still believe in one united Ireland.
I wasn't actually referring to a hunger strike as a 'Bobby Sands' . I was referring to it as a term for going hungry... hardly the most offensive thing in the world, but then I like comedians like Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle & Rickie Gervais, so perhaps my 'sense of humour' is different to yours...

Personally I don't think that was offensive. As someone who remembers those days I fully supported and marched for the aims of the hunger strikers, and today I still believe in one united Ireland.
I wasn't actually referring to a hunger strike as a 'Bobby Sands' . I was referring to it as a term for going hungry... hardly the most offensive thing in the world, but then I like comedians like Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle & Rickie Gervais, so perhaps my 'sense of humour' is different to yours...

I wasn't worried, just shocked, then again all of those comedians are capable of being offensive, even if I find them funny.

I wonder if Carlsberg know about his 'jokes' about mental health sufferers and the unemployed?

Tamplin revealed to Tribalfootball: "We just got a sponsor called Carlsberg and its a bit of a joke because of their promotion at the moment, 'If Carlsberg did… It would probably be the best in the world'.

"Carlsberg have actually sponsored us for £80,000-a-year and they've sponsored all our bars and they're saying if Carlsberg did non-league football, they'd do Billericay.

"Thats the impact we've had. So theres sponsors like that now [at the club]."

Ah, but your assumption would be that it would be a stereotyped 'dolly bird' [to use old fashioned vernacular type of cheerleading...

As it is our approach/idea didn't quite come off, but you will just have to take my word for it, that it was a little 'outside the box'...
....this has slipped under the radar... so come on what was the plan ?? Jack and The Jackettes , all-singing , all-dancing bring you The Olde Tyme Hot Hits of Yesteryear .. . 1st up .. If I were Dean Carpenter ...

Please post up any responses you get from the Chairman and any other officials. I honestly fear that Tamplin's actions may lead to ugly scenes off the pitch.

Will do. Have asked for confirmation of receipt and of what actions they're proposing to take to investigate, and then anything further coming out of that. I'm not exactly holding my breath, though.

3000 capacity stadium
1 bar 1 can shed
3 food huts, one of which is probably pan-Asian
Sweet vending machine
Employ a few locals. As players largely.
Cheerleaders being organised (Gavin’s Roses).
1 quite big tele in the bar
Crackling sound-system
Jack Payne in the clubhouse after the game.
Same squad of players, give or take
No-one called Muriel that we know of.
Families welcome. Bored children can play football in the stands
Post-game finger buffet for players. Samosas provided sometimes (pan-Asian again).
Cargo container shop
500 seats; 327 of them useable
Dogs. Lots of dogs.
Functional lavatories
Free car-wash as you queue to enter.

what !!!! no cuddly toy

I can't be arsed to sign up, but are there more topics for members in their forum? It seems very quiet for the biggest club in Essex/champions-elect/best fans in the world etc

We also sent our criminals there to join them, until their "Brexit" in 1775.

He's now Tweeted an apology and deleted the post (on advice I'm guessing). And then put up some bizarre stuff about his swollen testicle, god and lions.

All is well in the Bostick

Back
Top Bottom