Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footballer Marcus Rashford fights for free school meals

Sigh.

Nobody is entirely virtuous all the time and the constant pulling down of others for not being 100% clean and ideologically pure in a system that fundamentally prevents that from happening in the hellscape of 21st century capitalist shit is one of the more tiring aspects of subscribing to leftist ideology.

He's quite a contrast with the likes of Jose Mourinho doing Paddy Power adverts.
...but again nothing is that black and white....Mourinho helped Age UK feed elderly people at the start of COVID, was involved in a charity match for Grenfell, etc etc, Rashford's just done an ad for Levi's, not the most ethical of companies

I appreciate your comment and thoughts. But Mourinho is a gobshite as far I am concerned. The explosion of online gambling just sends people into despair and ruin. If he hasn't learnt that by his time of life he's a dumbass.

Sigh.

Nobody is entirely virtuous all the time and the constant pulling down of others for not being 100% clean and ideologically pure in a system that fundamentally prevents that from happening in the hellscape of 21st century capitalist shit is one of the more tiring aspects of subscribing to leftist ideology.

Yep. Honestly, if I was a brilliantly talented footballer instead of the two-left-footed donkey that I am I would have taken the money. And from there there's always going to be something isn't there?

I believe you will find that he is the same Marcus Rashford who is referred to in these earlier news reports:

Manchester United's Marcus Rashford target of racist abuse on Twitter

Marcus Rashford: Racism 'spike' is unbelievable - Man Utd & England striker

'This has to stop': Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford join calls for change

4A1C537300000578-5489941-image-a-2_1520846442554.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

England footballer, Marcus Rashford with his mother Melanie. In May 2016, aged just 18 years and 208 days, Rashford became the youngest player to score on his England full international debut. Young Rashford has stated: 'My mum would go days without sleeping, worrying about how she would cover the next round of bills, worried that I could get in trouble, mixing with the wrong crowds, if she couldn’t keep her eyes on me while working every hour of the day. Even at seven or eight years old I recognised her worry, but I also recognised that she was trying her best. I’ve said it once and I will say it again: this system was not built for families like mine to succeed, no matter how hard we are working.'

E6F-t69WEAMZewJ

"I'm Marcus Rashford, 23-year-old black man from Withington and Wythenshawe, South Manchester. If I have nothing else I have that.

Marcus Rashford: England striker 'won't apologise' for who he is after receiving racist abuse

Marcus Rashford got a statement out first on social media about it, they should know better than to pick a fight with him as they will lose...
I think that, in the broader court of public opinion (ie., outside of racists, gammons, vermin, and their more reactionary constituencies), Rashford is pretty much untouchable. I'd say "bring it on", because it can only backfire on them...given that whatever poison piece the Spectator decides to run, it'll almost certainly be clumsy, inept, and over-egged.

Race plays a part in intelligence is the oldest and hoariest racist trope going, God Almighty does anyone still take that seriously? I mean come on it's 2021 not 1921.
Rashford's public perception took only a limited knock on U75 with the discovery that (shock horror) that he was a landlord. Out in the real world where most other people live, it doesn't seem to have taken much of a knock from him missing the England penalty as far as I can see. Even my sister's husband a devout Man U fan has said "Well the boy tried his best".

I am a bit concerned that this, along with the cummings stuff, is a distraction for some other nefarious stuff to pass us by.

Cos tories gonna tory

They've got a supine media. They don't need "distractions", and I'm a bit miffed that this trope keeps getting trotted out because there's an implicit assumption that the public are all idiots. Don't mistake the media narrative for the what public cares about.

Back
Top Bottom