Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footballer Marcus Rashford fights for free school meals

They hate to see working class people managing to live comfortably, to be able to access places and positions that they want to keep for themselves. That's why their Tory ilk have made it so hard to get into uni, or get a halfway decent paid job, or even to claim benefits. Plus of course they're racist twats. I'm glad they're pissed off. And I'm glad he's pre-empted their shitty piece on him.

Is that a 125% of his income or has he taken a massive loan to donate? I know people can give a 110% in effort but can someone explain how he has donated more than he is worth?
I think it might be that he has done sponsorship work in return for large donations to his charity. I.e. millions of quid that he has "donated" without it passing through his bank account.

While that's good overall, can already see twatters using this as "oh, so we don't even have proof there ever was an article, eh???" :rolleyes:

Still, once again good to see someone using their power and voice to knock dickheads down a peg or two. I actually think it was Lineker who suggested this was one of the benefits of social media - gives public figures an opportunity to get out ahead of stories and present their side (which, of course, the ones we don't like can do just as much as the ones we do like).

The latest from Dr Marcus Rashford MBE:

"Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford said it felt “bittersweet” collecting his honorary degree for tackling child poverty the day after the Universal Credit uplift was retracted.

The England international used his speech at the University of Manchester ceremony at Old Trafford to highlight how the Government’s cut meant “millions of families across the UK lost a lifeline”.

At 23 years old, Rashford became the youngest recipient of an honorary doctorate from the university, rewarding his campaign against child poverty ...

Speaking at the ceremony donned in a red, maroon and gold graduation gown with a doctorate cap, Rashford also urged politicians to get “out into communities” like his home town of Wythenshawe in south Manchester.

He said: “To be here in the presence of a great such as Sir Alex (Ferguson) and those who have played a huge role in my journey to be where I am today is special.

“I’m here to receive my honorary doctorate for my work around child poverty.

“Yesterday, millions of families across the UK lost a lifeline and a means of staying afloat – a move that could see child poverty rise to one in three children. For that reason, today is bittersweet.

“It’s time that representatives got out into communities like mine.

“It’s time they saw first-hand the true measure of struggle. Covid-19 can no longer be used as an excuse

(Source PA Media)

So, "dishy Rishi" is turning out to be a complete cunt. Who knew?
I don't undestimate "Dishy Rishi" he may look like his voice hasn't broken yet but he hasn't got where he's got in life without a good honest streak of utter ruthlessness about him. He's also clearly much smarter than his boss (though to be fair that's not that great an achievement)

Back
Top Bottom