Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footballer Marcus Rashford fights for free school meals

Nope. I have enough, why should I want more?

My point is that the players of Man Utd could fund the £15m and never miss it. Much less expensive to make political points of course.
That.s not the point; the point is, it should be the obligation of the government of the day, using the taxes we pay , and which public opinion strongly indicates we would like to see spent on hungry children.

Of course it's an issue. When you pay some semi-literate muppet 100 times the salary of a neurosurgeon for kicking a football, it has to be an issue.
FTR: the only reason footballers are paid that much is market forces, free market economics, capitalism etc. All concepts which one could be forgiven for thinking that someone who was a member of the Consertive party for as long as you were can't really have that much of a problem with.
In other words; you can't have it both ways.

View attachment 236113

in my book there's something of a gulf between the arts and financial services:
View attachment 236114
(from the ons.gov.uk 2018 report linked to above)

so in summary your claims are wrong. the arts sector does not earn more in foreign trade than manufacturing. it is not very close to financial services.
View attachment 236113

in my book there's something of a gulf between the arts and financial services:
View attachment 236114
(from the ons.gov.uk 2018 report linked to above)

so in summary your claims are wrong. the arts sector does not earn more in foreign trade than manufacturing. it is not very close to financial services.

Well I must have looked at the wrong data in the past.
Although there is this report that emphasises the value of the arts in monetary terms, and it still comes out as an impressive contributor:

I am trying to make the point that as well as the cultural and aesthetic value there may be in the arts, it has economic value and is generally not a drain on resources.

Back
Top Bottom