Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footballer Marcus Rashford fights for free school meals

Ferdinand's never been the sharpest.

No he's not. But the way he spoke publicly about the struggles he had when his wife died and how hard it was to steer himself and their kids through that was great. I know he had had affairs and shit, but the struggle is real and it's a good thing that men speak out about this kind of thing, all too often we're expected to 'be a man' about it and to hear that a multi-millionaire's struggles are the same as the rest of ours can only help others in a similarly dark place.

Rashford has become the public face of what is a very simple problem with a very simple (and inexpensive) solution. It's completely uncontroversial since who can object to feeding hungry kids bar the odd crazed plonk on twitter (see post #775)
Last nights impressive performance has utterly nothing to do with this issue of course but because he is so strongly associated with his cause, there is no way anyone can talk about one without the other coming up.
Even better Bozo can't come out and criticise Rashford since he is sufficiently self-aware to realise that he is completely on the wrong side of public opinion on this so he has to heap praise on Rashford whilst desperately trying to convince people that the elephant in the room is actually a fluffy rabbit. It's fun watching him squirm.

Even better Bozo can't come out and criticise Rashford since he is sufficiently self-aware to realise that he is completely on the wrong side of public opinion on this so he has to heap praise on Rashford whilst desperately trying to convince people that the elephant in the room is actually a fluffy rabbit. It's fun watching him squirm
I want it to be settled in the ring.
No seconds
Pay per view? £14.95 a pop

He doesn't have Rashford reach but this chap is a fucking trooper

The number of twonks who keep coming out with "Well I can make a meal for £1.50" is something I find eternally depressing. So fucking what? not everyone possesses such cooking skills and far more significantly has the £1.50 either. Even Jamie Oliver can't make a nutritous meal for £0.00. I believe this scheme has been costed out at £15 per kid per week which equates to £2.15 or £3.00 per meal depending on whether you count weekends or not. No-one is suggesting prime beef or caviar at those prices.

This has been a massive own goal (pun definitely intended) PR wise to save a trivial sum and they will have to go through it all again come the Xmas holidays

This has been a massive own goal (pun definitely intended) PR wise to save a trivial sum and they will have to go through it all again come the Xmas holidays
Tone deaf, inflexible, out of touch, and incompetent.

To which we could add, if we are being less charitable: vicious, heartless, bigoted, brutal, and very, very stupid indeed.

When the tipping point comes, it's going to make a tsunami look like a kid stomping in a puddle.

I discovered something to dislike....he's had his dogs ears cropped. I saw a dog in the park recently with bandages on it's ears but always thought it was illegal in this country.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 12.47.03.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 12.47.03.png
    475.5 KB · Views: 36
I like the fact that we are now being referred to as "Man Utd/United" instead of that horrible "Man U/Man Yew" expression.

Hmm... my first time at Old Trafford, Bobby Charlton was still playing... I feel a bit old now.
I went to watch the second team once for a pound, if I recall. I think Dennis Irwin was playing.
I was far keener on The Willows and am still annoyed about the Leeds result.
Still, the Salford Reds are very much rising.
(Don't go out tonight, if you're not red and white).....:D

Dunno how much it was for my first visit as my big brother paid me in to the new cantilever stand (United Road). When I started going myself with mates, I think it was 40p to get in the Stretford End. We moaned about it when they put it up to 50p :mad:

I too was a Salford Red... and a bit of a hoolie during the Tommy Docherty era :D

Occasionally went to the Willows but more often jibbed in at Station Road for Swinton RLFC when they still had a ground.

Dunno how much it was for my first visit as my big brother paid me in to the new cantilever stand (United Road). When I started going myself with mates, I think it was 40p to get in the Stretford End. We moaned about it when they put it up to 50p :mad:

I too was a Salford Red... and a bit of a hoolie during the Tommy Docherty era :D

Occasionally went to the Willows but more often jibbed in at Station Road for Swinton RLFC when they still had a ground.
I went to Swinton a few times too, because we'd moved south and when I came back to visit my relatives, I'd go anywhere for some "proper" rugby, but my heart belongs in the shed. :D

Back
Top Bottom