Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footballer Marcus Rashford fights for free school meals

They are certainly behaving like a government that doesn't give a shit about how bad this makes them look.
They don’t give a shit about what their families think of them, self centred shitbags. What the country thinks of them doesn’t blip on their radar until election time, for about five minutes.

23rd October 2020

Dear Mr Hunt,

I hope that you and your family are keeping well during these testing times.

I write to you today to enquire why you voted to deny the poorest children in our country the opportunity to claim a weekly fifteen pounds food voucher during the upcoming school holidays at Christmas, February half-term and Easter, a total of six weeks here in Surrey, ninety pounds.

We are in a global pandemic, the response to which from government is to effectively close vast swathes of industry, consigning millions to benefits. And you choose this moment to hammer the poorest children in our society. For someone who’s lived a gilt-edged life since birth it is quite extraordinary that you either fail to see how wrong this is, or that you simply don’t care.

Every week I contribute twenty-five pounds worth of goods to the Godalming Trolley Tuesday campaign to provide food and other basic needs to those who are denied these by the state. That this is happening anywhere in our country is bad enough, but this happening in your constituency, at the bottom of the hill from where you went to a school where a place costs nearly forty thousand pounds a year should be source of shame for you.

An idea for you and your colleagues in the Commons, how about each time you eat a tax-payer-subsidised meal at one of the restaurants in the Palace of Westminster you all contribute the difference between what that meal costs and what it would cost at a local eatery if the taxpayer wasn’t subsidising your food? Use the money to feed children whose parents are struggling.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Or just...

23rd October 2020

Dear Mr Hunt,

I write to you today to enquire why you voted to deny the poorest children in our country the opportunity to claim a weekly fifteen pounds food voucher during the upcoming school holidays at Christmas, February half-term and Easter, a total of six weeks here in Surrey, ninety pounds.

Yours sincerely,

?

23rd October 2020

Dear Mr Hunt,

We are in a global pandemic, the response to which from government is to effectively close vast swathes of industry, consigning millions to benefits. And you choose this moment to hammer the poorest children in our society. For someone who’s lived a gilt-edged life since birth it is quite extraordinary that you either fail to see how wrong this is, or that you simply don’t care.

Every week I contribute twenty-five pounds worth of goods to the Godalming Trolley Tuesday campaign to provide food and other basic needs to those who are denied these by the state. That this is happening anywhere in our country is bad enough, but this happening in your constituency, at the bottom of the hill from where you went to a school where a place costs nearly forty thousand pounds a year, should be source of shame for you.

An idea for you and your colleagues in the Commons, how about each time you eat a tax-payer-subsidised meal at one of the restaurants in the Palace of Westminster you all contribute the difference between that meal costs and what it would cost at a local eatery if the taxpayer wasn’t subsidising your food? Use the money to feed children whose parents are struggling.

Yours sincerely,

Or just...

23rd October 2020

Dear Mr Hunt,

Yours sincerely,

?
Go for the first one. Let him know that you know about him.

23rd October 2020

Dear Mr Hunt,

Every week I contribute twenty-five pounds worth of goods to the Godalming Trolley Tuesday campaign to provide food and other basic needs to those who are denied these by the state. That this is happening anywhere in our country is bad enough, but this happening in your constituency, at the bottom of the hill from where you went to a school where a place costs nearly forty thousand pounds a year should be source of shame for you.

An idea for you and your colleagues in the Commons, how about each time you eat a tax-payer-subsidised meal at one of the restaurants in the Palace of Westminster you all contribute the difference between what that meal costs and what it would cost at a local eatery if the taxpayer wasn’t subsidising your food? Use the money to feed children whose parents are struggling.

Yours sincerely,

Or just...

23rd October 2020

Dear Mr Hunt,

Yours sincerely,

?
The first one.

Back
Top Bottom