Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Films ruined by child characters

The Wild Geese is one of the worst bad movies ever made, but it is made even more of an exercise in human degradation by the addition of mercenary Richard Harris' 10 year old son. His performance is the kind of thing that makes you ashamed to be a human being.

silent-hill-20051205065610415-1331020_640w.jpg

Now what did she ruin ? Jodelle Ferland was rather good as the moppet from hell in the so-so horror flick Case 39. Is that it ?

I barely remember her. She's in it for the first ten minutes and then she disappears for most of the film. Badly written film where everybody acts like an idiot all the time, so just about everybody annoyed me in it.

it was patchy, wasn't it?
but i really enjoyed the visuals and the idea behind it.

btw the sequel is far worse. if you didn't like the original, save yourself the time ;)

I enjoyed the world it takes place in and it's quite atmospheric. Haven't seen the sequel yet, it's on my Lovefilm list. I heard it's awful, so I'll have to check just how awful.

Though i absolutely despised the film anyway, this prick from Love Actually made me furious, with his stupid hair and poncy adult romantic sensibilities. Would have been improved by the two fellas from Funny Games turning up round his house
tsan-la-16.jpg

Insecure in your masculinity much?

Revealing as it is, cut out the misogynistic shit, yeah? :facepalm:
Missing the joke much?

I thought using the words "smooching" and "bleurgh" might have suggested I wasn't being entirely serious, along with paraphrasing Jane Austen in the second quote. Apparently I didn't make it obvious enough. Maybe I'll hold up a little flag next time.

I notice you decided to ignore the post where I actually explained why I disliked those two characters/performances, perhaps you were just already too outraged to notice it.

Besides, some of my best friends are women.

Though i absolutely despised the film anyway, this prick from Love Actually made me furious, with his stupid hair and poncy adult romantic sensibilities. Would have been improved by the two fellas from Funny Games turning up round his house
That was my favourite storyline from that film :oops:

Every single scream is pitched exactly the same. Exactly. I find it really annoying.

Performance-wise she was alright, but not the great shakes everyone made her out to be at the time.

Every single scream is pitched exactly the same. Exactly. I find it really annoying.

Performance-wise she was alright, but not the great shakes everyone made her out to be at the time.

I didn't realise she was thought to have given a huge performance. But yeah, these selfish kids with their boring screams :D

I honestly can't remember being annoyed by it, but that is the reason I didn't like Fanning's performance in WotW. She was alright when she shut up. :)

Weirdly, that's the only thing she's (Carrie) ever acted in? Wonder where she went wrong, there.

I doubt the films greatest scene, the T-Rex attack, would have been nearly as terrifying without children in danger. The kids were also in the novel, they were vital to the plot and as always Spielberg got good performances out of child actors.

I give you the kid from T2 though, Edward Furlong couldn't act for toffee and was lumbered with some awful dialogue.

Still better than Nick Stahl in T3, though! The guy only has two expressions - blank and the slightly puzzled and wounded one he used to convey everything his blank expression didn't cover. :)

Kate Capshaw has been getting a lot of flack for not being the plucky heroine that Karen Allen was, but that was the point. She played the complete opposite, a high maintenance ninny, the last person you want along for a ride like this, who gradually turns courageous and she gave a good comedic performance.

I also didn't have a problem with the kid, I thought he was cute.

Short Round was a total dude. :cool:

The Wild Geese is one of the worst bad movies ever made, but it is made even more of an exercise in human degradation by the addition of mercenary Richard Harris' 10 year old son. His performance is the kind of thing that makes you ashamed to be a human being.
emile!

Missing the joke much?

I thought using the words "smooching" and "bleurgh" might have suggested I wasn't being entirely serious, along with paraphrasing Jane Austen in the second quote. Apparently I didn't make it obvious enough. Maybe I'll hold up a little flag next time.

I notice you decided to ignore the post where I actually explained why I disliked those two characters/performances, perhaps you were just already too outraged to notice it.

Besides, some of my best friends are women.
Hiding behind "it's a joke" doesn't cut it. If you're taking the piss out of men who are so insecure they cannot handle a strong female character, then take the piss out of men who are so insecure they cannot handle a strong female character.

Back
Top Bottom