Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FFS: No football this Saturday, 10th Sept 2022 'as a mark of respect'. But it's still OK to go to work.

editor

hiraethified
FUCK RIGHT OFF

Firstly, the National League sends sincere condolences of all Member Clubs on the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to His Majesty King Charles III and the further Royal Family.​

Further to this morning’s statement by Debbie Hewitt, chair of The Football Association, all National League System, FA Trophy, and grassroots fixtures scheduled for this weekend will not take place as a mark of respect. The Queen was the FA’s patron, and Prince William is its President.
At this moment National League fixtures will go ahead as planned from Monday 12 September onwards although we understand no sporting event of any kind will be permitted on the day of The Queen’s funeral.
The decision to postpone this weekend’s fixtures is taken in line with guidance from the FA in consultation with the Department for Culture, Media and Sport. The League fully supports this stance.

How does playing football show disrespect? Can't speak for the players but I've never thought about the queen when I'm watching it.

annoying and stupid. didn't she supposedly like sport? as someone said, for those who do give a fuck, surely nicer to enjoy collective marking of respect than left in a void on their own. West Ham fans singing God Save the Queen made my whole body itch but presumably for some people this was a nice sign of respect? not getting that now.

Maidenhead Town Show which is a charitable event designed to showcase the community and including local traders, groups, craft competitions etc.. was due to take place tomorrow and has been cancelled.

Ludicrous, this was an event to try to bring the community together and do something positive for Maidenhead. I bet the people who support this are the same ones who moan about Maidenhead being rubbish and have nothing going for it :mad:

Maidenhead Town Show which is a charitable event designed to showcase the community and including local traders, groups, craft competitions etc.. was due to take place tomorrow and has been cancelled.

Ludicrous, this was an event to try to bring the community together and do something positive for Maidenhead. I bet the people who support this are the same ones who moan about Maidenhead being rubbish and have nothing going for it :mad:
you'd have thought the local mp might have tried to prevent this cancellation after all the effort and money that had gone into it already

This is only my own view but I think its because Prince William is patron of the FA or something and that's why football is off.

I believe rugby is on tomorrow.

They've also cancelled football at all levels, so even the kids can't play. So I'm going to have an 11 year old bouncing off the walls

This is only my own view but I think its because Prince William is patron of the FA or something and that's why football is off.

I believe rugby is on tomorrow.

They've also cancelled football at all levels, so even the kids can't play. So I'm going to have an 11 year old bouncing off the walls

Normal people just kick the ball so I admire your dedication if not the method.

Honestly, I'm fucking furious :D

Cricket, rugby and horseracing all get to go on this weekend, but us football fans have to sit at home crying about the queen? We've got a World Cup to prepare for in less than three months, make them fucking get out there and entertain us the lazy cunts.

It's mrs mx's birthday today. Tomorrow, she's going to Her Majesty's Theatre in London to see a show, with our daughter. This is the message on the theatre's website

"In accordance with the wishes of the Royal Household, performances will continue until further notice. Should there be any amendments to the schedule ticket holders will be contacted by their point of purchase."

If "Her Majesty's Theatre" can stay open, why can't football?

I don't think it's a "tory thing". I think it's just that the FA are frigging dinosaurs, completely out of touch.

The main thing that bothers me about this is that at lower level leagues that's a bunch of revenue lost for the clubs. Bar staff not getting paid, no revenue for the associated burger places etc.

And that just fucking sucks. These businesses have had a really tough time recently and any glimour of hope has been snuffed out for the next two weeks possibly.

Back
Top Bottom