Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Female Style Icons

tumblr_ortulzRH5D1vihd2mo2_500.jpg

tumblr_ortulzRH5D1vihd2mo3_1280.jpg

You know I hate to ask
But, are academics style icons?
Mine's broke down
And now I've no one to love

Going on some subsequent posts, I think some people assumed you were making a feminist comment about looks not being as important as brains, or something like that. I mean, that's true, but style is a thing and women can be praised for being stylish.

And Mary Beard is a genuine style icon. She wears awesome clothes and they look fantastic on her, and I love her hair. I once looked up the glittery trainers she was wearing on her Pompeii TV series and they were far too expensive for me, but they were beautiful.

Going on some subsequent posts, I think some people assumed you were making a feminist comment about looks not being as important as brains, or something like that. I mean, that's true, but style is a thing and women can be praised for being stylish.

And Mary Beard is a genuine style icon. She wears awesome clothes and they look fantastic on her, and I love her hair. I once looked up the glittery trainers she was wearing on her Pompeii TV series and they were far too expensive for me, but they were beautiful.
Absolutely. I genuinely admire her look as an example of an older woman who isn't chasing some impossible youthful male gaze beauty ideal but is still thoughtful of how she is presenting herself to the observer.

Back
Top Bottom