Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Favourite Columbo episode

Best bit of last night's Columbo viewing:

suitable-gloves-2.jpg

just read that near the end falk couldn't remember that he'd ever been columbo. Altzhiemers is a very cruel illness :(

I liked the one where he went into a sex shop and was recognized by one of the punters as a fellow spirit because he was wearing the same coat.

This top ten of episodes voted for by some bunch of people is reasonably interesting: Columbo top 10 episodes: as voted for by the fans

The random people who voted on this list have the number one slot absolutely correct. I watched that episode about a week ago and by god it's absolutely fantastic. Donald Pleasence is a dream, and the respect Columbo has for him is wonderful to see. The best episodes are those where Columbo sort of likes the murderer.

As every discussion of a science fiction series seems to end up with a discussion about the greatest ever TV detective at the moment, I thought we should have a new Columbo thread.

My favorite episode is Try and Catch Me, with Ruth Gordon as the murderer. I love Ruth Gordon, the affectionate relationship between her and Columbo is rather touching and I like the way she kills her nemesis. Also, 70s Columbo always is best.

First time seeing this thread.
And I agree with you...Try and Catch Me is brilliant.
Close second for me is..Murder By The Book..

I've just dug out my columbo boxset I purchased in 2013 from amazon. Looking at my amazon history, paid £33.50 in January 2013

20170827_191645.jpg

20170827_191657.jpg

Concerning some of my fav episodes. Defo the 1970s and 1980s episodes. the 1990s onwards were appalling.

The election candidate (candidate for crime) one has one of the best Columbo ending as does Exercise in Fatality and Suitable for Framing-I've watched suitable for framing so many times, I practically know word for word the ending scene :D

I do like the old lady who locks the murderer of her daughter in a safe episode. Really had great sympathy for the killer in this episode.

Robert Culp episodes are always good-Culp could do anger acting unlike anyone. Love watching him lose his temper.

Columbo being mistaken for a homeless man is fucking classic :D

Like, the one with the actors and the pearl in the umbrella. He flat out plants that 'evidence' in order to trap them. It's brilliant :D Until I realised he'd flicked the pearl in I was proper all, "that's a bit of a fucking stretch, Columbo" and after I realised he'd planted it I was all, "that's gonna get fucking thrown out of court lol."

(It was a great episode - I loved seeing him being a tourist in London.)

I do like how they re-used actors from the show in different roles. The homeless guy in the video above was also the waiter in the port in storm episode with donald pleasance and also the tailor in the candidate for crime episode

The best one of all though is probably season six, episode 3; aka "The Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case", where the killing takes place at the spooky mensa club house, and again involves an umbrella, but also comes closest of any i've seen so far to saying the quiet bit out loud about how our hero is cleverer than all the self regarding well ironed geniuses.

Last edited:
The best one of all though is probably season six, episode 3; aka "The Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case", where the killing takes place at the spooky mensa club house, and again involves an umbrella, but also comes closest of any i've seen so far to saying the quiet bit out loud about how our hero is cleverer than all the self regarding well ironed geniuses.

yeah. i like this episode. though i always found the bit where he tickles the victim, weird. :confused:

A Case Of Immunity.
Columbo has to solve a crime at the embassy of a middle-east nation. The main suspects have diplomatic immunity. Also, to complicate matters, there is a student demonstration outside the gates, and the king is visiting the embassy. However, Columbo decides to investigate the matter in his own persistent way.
Columbo stepping on the guys long clothes and ripping the hem repeatedly...

Some classic Columbo statements....one about an ornament that is in the embassy. Columbo says its like one his wife has and the embassy official describes how the piece is extremely old and rare.

I'll torrent these

the best part is:

there are two Columbo boxsets in the works: one featuring the ‘classic era’ 1968-78 episodes; and the second containing the 1989-2003 revival episodes.

I'll stick to the classic era ones. Don't have a blu ray player, so will also have to torrent it.

Back
Top Bottom