Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Favourite Columbo episode

Got given the 35 disc ( :eek: ) Columbo box set :D

Am starting at the beginning - never seen the two pilots before, and even they're not great, you can see the stars coming into alignment right from the start :cool:

Spielberg one next :)

Got given the 35 disc ( :eek: ) Columbo box set :D

Am starting at the beginning - never seen the two pilots before, and even they're not great, you can see the stars coming into alignment right from the start :cool:

Spielberg one next :)
less squinty and craggy is young Falk. as keen columbo fan kabbes observes, theres a bit more of an edge to him. His one-more-thinging is rawer

If Falk is quite different in the first pilot from how he plays Columbo later, that's because the original pilot was an adaptation of the stage play, which is where Columbo originated. On stage he was played by a different actor. From the second pilot onwards they started to tweak the character, so he gels better with Falk's more easygoing personality. I like the second pilot better and that's because I've always been a fan of Lee Grant, who plays the murderer in it.

The DVD boxset is great, though with all the other stuff I'm watching it will take me a lifetime to get through it all.

Damn, will have to watch these pilots now as I watched Death By The Book, thinking it was the first one

My favourite box set is my Homicide: Life on the Street box set. It looks like a filing cabinet, and pulls out like one (it has a little metal handle on the front), and inside there are filing cabinet-style dividers with information about each season. It's :cool:

HomicideBoxOpen.jpg

thats the one thing about going digital only, no cool boxes or shonky 80s VHS art covers. I even threw out the Bruce Lee VHS tapes. Even the bruce.

My favourite box set is my Homicide: Life on the Street box set. It looks like a filing cabinet, and pulls out like one (it has a little metal handle on the front), and inside there are filing cabinet-style dividers with information about each season. It's :cool:

HomicideBoxOpen.jpg
Has it got the TVM as well? :hmm:

I also have them all on DVD...I love the extra episode (end of season 4 I think) where we finally meet Mrs Columbo. I'm rather fond of the episode where there is a aerial photo that has been cut into pieces and half the cast has been in the show before.

Back
Top Bottom