Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who's you're favourite actor/ess?

Golden Hollywood would be Hedy Lamar Hedy Lamarr - Wikipedia

As well as a leading lady was also an engineer. Most famous for developing frequency hopping. This was in relation to a WW2 torpedo that never went into service but was used years later as part of both many standards for cellular radio and Bluetooth.

Golden Hollywood would be Hedy Lamar Hedy Lamarr - Wikipedia

As well as a leading lady was also an engineer. Most famous for developing frequency hopping. This was in relation to a WW2 torpedo that never went into service but was used years later as part of both many standards for cellular radio and Bluetooth.
That is indeed admirable and has become part of Hollywood lore but she's never been considered to be much of an actor and hasn't got any really great movies to her name.

Last edited:
Also the word actress is no longer cool. They're all actors.

It wasn't cool in the '80s when I was taking drama/theatre classes, so while it might have been a fairly new idea then, it certainly should have died out by now.

Patricia Routledge - There's just something so...brilliantly english about her in Keeping Up Appearances and she was also great in an Alan Bennet Radio play called, i think, Lady of Letters. I have a neighbour who we call Mrs Bucket - we live on a crappy housing estate but she proper looks down her nose at everyone else here and it's really amusing to witness. I also call my mum Mrs Bouquet sometimes because she changes her whole accent and intonation when she's talking to someone who sounds 'posh.'

Back
Top Bottom