Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Favourite Columbo episode

As a child of the 70s I watched Columbo with my parents, but hadn’t seen any of them since and remembered or appreciated little of if from my childhood memories, other than a general memory of being good.

I watched a couple of episodes for the first time since my childhood whilst visiting my mum last week, as she loves the show. Loved them, and instantly hooked.

As I remember fuck all from my childhood viewing times, pretty much first time viewing for me. Superb, and currently binging as many episodes as I can find for free :)

A Case Of Immunity.
Columbo has to solve a crime at the embassy of a middle-east nation. The main suspects have diplomatic immunity. Also, to complicate matters, there is a student demonstration outside the gates, and the king is visiting the embassy. However, Columbo decides to investigate the matter in his own persistent way.
Columbo stepping on the guys long clothes and ripping the hem repeatedly...

Some classic Columbo statements....one about an ornament that is in the embassy. Columbo says its like one his wife has and the embassy official describes how the piece is extremely old and rare.
It's not a great episode, but you do get to see a very young Jeff Goldblum as a demonstrator, plus Columbo walking round in circles holding a placard, before saying "I'm the fuzz" 😂

Last edited:
After a long hiatus I recently returned to a full Columbo rewatch, finished the originals last week and taking a breather before the daunting prospect of the ABC revival seasons :hmm:

Somehow over the years I had missed out loads, including infamous stinkers like Last Salute To The Commodore. Seasons 2-3 definitely my favourites :oldthumbsup:

Brilliant show. Him and his missus were living in a caravan while they built their house. A mix of Grand Designs and To Kill a Mockingbird.

View attachment 95194
If my calculations and my memory are correct, he should have that house finished by the end of this decade.

One thing that bothers me about Columbo. Why does he always tell the killer he's onto them? Surely if the killer had ever watched an episode, they'd be booking themself on the first flight out of town.

Back
Top Bottom