Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2021

FAN2J8fVgAcL35a

Sainz maybe had the craziest race? Or possibly Verstappen?

100 wins. It is going to be a very, very long time before that record is anywhere near being troubled.
I’m personally calling it 101 wins as still don’t accept the penalty he was given in Spa 2008. Lewis won that race easily and the BS penalty he was handed for not relinquishing the position to Raikkonnen fully enough after going off track still rankles.

LeClerc (aka “the untouchable one“) did exactly the same at Monza this year, cutting a chicane then easing off to let Bottas past followed by slipstreaming past him on the very same straight. It wasn’t even looked at by the stewards.

Lewis won Spa 2008 and now has 101 victories whatever Ferrari Intl. Assistance have to say about it.

Just throwing it out there, does anyone else struggle to distinguish between Norris and Russell over the radio?

It's fine when being interviewed or whatever and the audio is fine, but when they're shouting over the radio I often find myself relying on either what they've said or what the commentators say to work out who it is.

I only hear the radio calls during the session / race, and Sky shoves up a big graphic with the name one.

It's usually accompanied by the words, "Two seconds, Ted!"

Not too much of a problem.

That said, the quality of team radio is so poor, I wouldn't otherwise be able to distinguish one driver from another without the graphic.

There'll be an F1 race in Qatar on November 19 - 21 this year. Thereafter there's a 10-year deal beginning 2023.

I’m sure 1%er is putting all his lunch money winnings from Lewis’s successes to one side and will surprise us all with an all expense paid invite to watch the last race of the season in the sunshine at the beach bar! :thumbs::thumbs:
I'm looking forward to it already.

I've never been in a private jet, or tried to drink my bodyweight in vintage Champagne. But there's a first time for everything.

🍾🍾🍾✈️✈️🤤

7 races to go, 2 points separating Hamilton and Verstappen! I’m loving the title fight this year and hope it goes to the wire as it’s bound to be looked back on as an all time year of F1 racing.

Who will win? It could just be a matter of whichever of them is able to avoid a DNF in the remaining races. 7 races isn’t much to recover a 25 point deficit, if a crash or reliability issue puts one out of a race. I hope it doesn’t go that way - let’s see it settled on track :thumbs:

I’m sure 1%er is putting all his lunch money winnings from Lewis’s successes to one side and will surprise us all with an all expense paid invite to watch the last race of the season in the sunshine at the beach bar! :thumbs::thumbs:
I'm looking forward to it already.

I've never been in a private jet, or tried to drink my bodyweight in vintage Champagne. But there's a first time for everything.

🍾🍾🍾✈️✈️🤤
Maybe when we cash in all the bitcoin that we brought for $16 each around 2009/10 :)

Domenicali reveals plans for 2022: “23 races” and more sprint qualifying

Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali started to reveal the plans for the 2022 season while trying to conciliate the football World Cup as well as the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. In an interview with Sky Sports, Domenicali confirmed F1’s intention to have the longest-ever calendar, that was programmed for 2021, in 2022: I can anticipate that, for sure, the calendar will be done with 23 races”. The Circus will have to deal with many factors, such as the evolution of the Covid-19 pandemic: “Of course we will be very respectful towards the Covid regulations issued around the world from the different governments. But that is our aim that F1 can give this sign of hope and to go to normal things to enjoy. The idea is to make sure there is the right rhythm to the calendar. There are of course considerations related to periods to make sure logistically the flow has to be right.”

The former Ferrari team principal also provided the potential start and finish period with F1 set to have its earliest end to a season since 2010, considering the presence during the 2022 winter of the football World Cup in Qatar: “One thing I can tell you, without discovering too many things is that next year the season will start in the middle of March and will finish in the middle of November.”
Furthermore, the calendar is expected to feature more sprint races as, according to Domenicali, they provided great entertainment: “The vast majority of the comments we received were super positive. Promoters are super happy because there is something new and important on Friday and Saturday and Sunday. We are receiving this positive feedback therefore we need to know next year we have a great plan where we will consider also the points highlighted by people who did not like this format. Generally speaking it has been an incredible success.”

However, the Italian clarified how even in 2022 sprint qualifying won’t completely substitute the regular weekend format: “I can say we will not go everywhere with the Sprint qualy format. It is something we want to keep for one third of the races more or less and to connect with a certain different way of giving rewards and points and to connect with specific circuits that as you know would make the difference.” Finally, Domenicali declared that an official calendar won’t be revealed before the 15th of October, giving Formula 1 time to consider new ideas and opinions: “There is a lot of food for thought. We will involve all the stakeholders: broadcasters, drivers, teams, promoters and fans. We won’t forget our role is to take the right decision and to consider all the points and points of view of everyone.”

Selamlar arkadaşlar!

It's not Christmas, but there's a whiff of Turkey in the air. It's back to the grid once more.

This weekend's times in the UK are:

Fri 8 Oct
FP1 - 09:30
FP2 - 13:00

Sat 9 Oct
FP3 - 10:00
Qual - 13:00

Sun 10 Oct
Race - 13:00

🚦🏎️🏎️🏎️🏎️🏎️🏎️
2 stop race on the cards? Pirelli are taking the softest rubber there but only found out after this decision was made that a high pressure wash treatment has been applied to make the track surface more grippy.

High tyre wear and more than one stop for some runners might be the result, although I suppose a hard/medium race strategy might see them thru.

In any case, Turkey has always given good racing and thank god it’s back on the calendar again. Looking forward to it :thumbs:

Medical Car team replaced in Turkey after positive tests

Dr Ian Roberts and Alan van der Merwe will be replaced in the Medical Car in Turkey, having both tested positive for Covid-19. The FIA has confirmed that Medical Car driver Van der Merwe and Dr Roberts, FIA deputy medical delegate and F1 rescue co-ordinator, are both self-isolating after recording positive tests prior to travelling to Istanbul Park. However, without further complications, both should be available to step back into their roles when the United States Grand Prix takes place in a fortnight’s time.

They will be replaced by experienced members of FIA staff in performing a vital duty at a race weekend, with Formula E Safety Car driver Bruno Correia stepping in for Van der Merwe, while Dr Roberts will be replaced by FIA medical delegate Dr Bruno Francheschini. In Formula 1’s Safety Car, Bernd Maylander is expected to carry out driving duties as normal this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom