Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2021

one thing i'll say about this sprint race for Russel at least

is after lattifi has beaten him at a qualy,

do you think he thought "fuck me " as Lewis blew past him like he was standing still at that sprint race start....

F1 Starting Grid 2021 Brazilian GP

PosNoDriverTeamLap Time
177Valtteri BottasMercedes29:09.559
233Max VerstappenRed Bull+1.170s
355Carlos Sainz Jr.Ferrari+18.723s
411Sergio PérezRed Bull+19.787s
54Lando NorrisMcLaren+22.558s
616Charles LeclercFerrari+25.056s
710Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri+34.158s
831Esteban OconAlpine+34.632s
95Sebastian VettelAston Martin+34.867s
1044Lewis HamiltonMercedes+20.872s
113Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+35.869s
1214Fernando AlonsoAlpine+36.578s
1399Antonio GiovinazziAlfa Romeo+41.880s
1418Lance StrollAston Martin+44.037s
1522Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauri+46.150s
166Nicholas LatifiWilliams+46.760s
1763George RussellWilliams+47.739s
187Kimi RäikkönenAlfa Romeo+50.014s
1947Mick SchumacherHaas+61.680s
209Nikita MazepinHaas+67.474

It good to see that Lewis starts infront of Danny Ric and Alonso, they are both hard to pass, he just needs to avoid trouble at the start and stay infront of then and push forward as fast as he can. Come on Lewis you get get some really good points here. And for fuck sake lets here someone explain what Interlagos means, if anyone here has Twitter @crofty and ask him if he knows what Interlagos means :) LOL

Toto is pissed
The intense 2021 title battle is only getting more fiery and controversial as the track action heats up in Brazil. On Saturday, the major talking point was the separate stewards investigations involving championship protagonists Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen. After securing pole on Friday, Mercedes’ Hamilton was disqualified for a breach of the size of the DRS opening slot on his rear wing. But Red Bull’s Verstappen was also given a hefty slap on the wrist with a EUR 50,000 fine for touching the offending rear wing as Hamilton celebrated with his crew in parc ferme.

“That’s ok. It’s a big penalty but essentially it was only a foul, so we can accept that,” Dr Helmut Marko told Sky Deutschland. “What’s incredible is that Mercedes now claims that Max allegedly damaged the rear wing with his fingers,” he also said (which we know is bullshit, he's a little cunt Marko, I bet when he was at school he used to run to tell teachers about other students having a spliff or doing someone elses homework)

So after Hamilton clawed his way back to fifth at the chequered flag of the Interlagos sprint race, his boss Toto Wolff went on the radio to declare: “Amazing job, Lewis. F**k them all.” When asked about that afterwards, the Mercedes chief said: “It wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular, it was more about the general mindset. Tough circumstances are best met with resilience.” Wolff claims the disqualification was an extreme and uncharacteristic punishment by the FIA. “In the last few years from them it was always ‘Fix this and fix that’. We saw that last weekend with Red Bull and many times before that too,” he said. “But we were not allowed to do that. What is clear is that we do not have an illegal wing. It was a failure on the right side by 0.2mm. That means we actually had a performance disadvantage. At the end of the day there is a technical directive in black and white. We accept that.” Wolff said he therefore would not waste time with an official protest, but instead try to find the same sort of tiny problems with Verstappen’s car for the rest of the 2021 battle. “We will look at every single bit of tape that falls off,” said the Austrian. “I can promise that we will be asking a lot of questions in the next races.”

Wolff also hit out at Red Bull for instigating the affair. “There was once something like a gentleman’s agreement. Obviously there are no longer any gentlemen,” he charged. “But today Lewis overtook 16 cars and Valtteri controlled the sprint after the start. It’s nice to forget politics for a moment.”

Now would be a good time to @ everyone at Mercedes and tell them that Christian Horner is known by everyone as Winger Spice, I'd love to hear Toto call him that :)LOL Come on the twetters here get the word out, we can do this hahahah

F1 Starting Grid 2021 Brazilian GP

PosNoDriverTeamLap Time
177Valtteri BottasMercedes29:09.559
233Max VerstappenRed Bull+1.170s
355Carlos Sainz Jr.Ferrari+18.723s
411Sergio PérezRed Bull+19.787s
54Lando NorrisMcLaren+22.558s
616Charles LeclercFerrari+25.056s
710Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri+34.158s
831Esteban OconAlpine+34.632s
95Sebastian VettelAston Martin+34.867s
1044Lewis HamiltonMercedes+20.872s
113Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+35.869s
1214Fernando AlonsoAlpine+36.578s
1399Antonio GiovinazziAlfa Romeo+41.880s
1418Lance StrollAston Martin+44.037s
1522Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauri+46.150s
166Nicholas LatifiWilliams+46.760s
1763George RussellWilliams+47.739s
187Kimi RäikkönenAlfa Romeo+50.014s
1947Mick SchumacherHaas+61.680s
209Nikita MazepinHaas+67.474

It good to see that Lewis starts infront of Danny Ric and Alonso, they are both hard to pass, he just needs to avoid trouble at the start and stay infront of then and push forward as fast as he can. Come on Lewis you get get some really good points here. And for fuck sake lets here someone explain what Interlagos means, if anyone here has Twitter @crofty and ask him if he knows what Interlagos means :) LOL
The way Lewis was passing people yesterday I think he’s gotta be in with shout of a podium finish, even allowing for needing a bit of tyre management and fuel saving today, instead of the all out sprint conditions where he shone yesterday.

Can Max find a way past Bottas? Looked like a struggle yesterday, but he will have Red Bull’s superior pitstop team on his side today, so who knows.

I can see why Toto is miffed, here and now between the lakes...

But I think Mercedes have been the architect of their own downfall this season. Cranky engines. Poor choices. Shonky pitstops. Magic 8-ball misfires.

Don't get me wrong; Whinger, Marko and Max are a trinity of cuntitude who, under my benevolent dictatorship, would be restricted to golf carts towed by kites.

But Toto's travails began much closer to home.

What do I know?

Formula 1: Major 2022 driver announcement leaked?

It has been quite some time since a driver was confirmed for the 2022 Formula 1 season, leaving just one remaining seat in the 20-car field for next year. The one remaining seat is with Alfa Romeo, which have only confirmed the addition of Valtteri Bottas to replace the retiring Kimi Raikkonen following the 2021 season. Bottas is set to be replaced by George Russell at Mercedes, while Russell is set to be replaced by Alexander Albon at Williams.

First of all, Giovinazzi is a Ferrari driver, and they currently have the right to select one of Alfa Romeo’s two drivers. Giovinazzi has been their pick since 2019 after Charles Leclerc left the team to replace Raikkonen at the works Ferrari team. But beginning next year, Ferrari will lose that right. Several names have been tossed around in regard to who might take Giovinazzi’s seat, provided he doesn’t return in 2022, including reigning Formula E champion Nyck de Vries, current Formula 2 points leader Oscar Piastri, current Formula 2 runner-up Guanyu Zhou, and even IndyCar driver Colton Herta, back when the Andretti takeover rumors were still in full swing.

But it is Zhou who has been tipped as the likely driver to complete the lineup puzzle for 2022, and while not confirmed by the team or the 22-year Chinese driver, this announcement may very well have been leaked in his home country. If confirmed by the team, Zhou would become the first Chinese driver to compete in a Formula 1 race, and Alfa Romeo dealers across the country are already congratulating him on that status, sharing the message “Congrats to Zhou on becoming the first Chinese F1 driver.”

Alfa Romeo is already showing Guanyu Zhou in Chinese dealerships. It's a done deal, as I said, announcement on Tuesday!
The poster reads: "Congrats to Zhou on becoming the first Chinese F1 driver." pic.twitter.com/WzvmFcLosa
— Formula News Live (@FormulaNewsLive) November 12, 2021

With all things considered, it seems as though confirmation from Alfa Romeo is nothing more than a formality when it comes to Guanyu Zhou competing in Formula 1 alongside Bottas next year. So when will the official announcement be made?

What strategies are available for the drivers today? At Interlagos there is a 50% chance of a safety car, so teams will be adding that into their strategy. The fastest according to pirelli is medium,hard, hard with a pitstop loss of around 22 seconds. But not all drivers have 2 new sets of hard tyres. We could see yesterday that the softs lasted at least 24 laps and drivers were able to hold those on mediums behind them, but anyone starting on a soft is likely to be on a two stop stratgy. A one stop is also possible here if they can keep the mediums on for over 30 laps, so there is clearly an option for a one stop. I guess that anyone starting on the hard tyre is thinking of a one stop while hoping for a safety car.

With the 50% chance of a safety car it is clear that teams will have to react and we could see those thinking of a one stop changing that if they can time their stop with a safety car, so all still to play for.

BMW and Audi interested in buying McLaren Automotive

BERLIN (Reuters) - Volkswagen (DE:VOWG_p)'s Audi and BMW are interested in buying British luxury sportscar maker McLaren Automotive, German autos publication Automobilwoche reported on Sunday, without specifying its sources. The first talks between BMW and Bahrain sovereign wealth fund Mumtalakat, which owns 42% of McLaren, are to take place at the beginning of December, the report said. Audi is also interested in the Formula 1 division of the company, it said. BMW and Audi were not immediately available for comment.

Back
Top Bottom