Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2021

Well, howdy, y'all!

Time for some rootin'-tootin', high- falutin', ear-tube hootin', rear-end bootin', Isaac Newtin' formula one. Yi ha, etc., etc.

It's the US Grand Prix, conveniently timed in the UK for dinner and tinctures. The UK times** are:

Fri 22 Oct
FP1 - 17:30
FP2 - 21:00

Sat 23 Oct
FP3 - 19:00
Qual - 22:00

Sun 24 Oct
Race - 20:00

** Still British Summer Time - UTC+1, but not for long... :cool:
Wtf??! Quali at 22:00. That’s 23:00 in the land my bed is located in. Deffo past not just Badgers but also my own bedtime.

Didn’t have these issues when Bernie was in charge. Now there was a guy who believed in sensible bedtimes, which is probably why he got so much done!

Whinger's in the Graun.

Interesting read.

I’m not sure I buy the angle that there’s serious needle between Toto and Horner. I get the impression they’re quite matey, as far as they can be, and play up the rivalry with snarky comments in the press from time to time because it’s good for business. I mean obviously they are competing and seeking every advantage for their own team, but on a personal level they certainly seemed pretty civil whenever they were together in a “behind the scenes” context on Drive to Survive.

Verstappen refuses to participate in “fake” Drive to Survive Netflix series

Max Verstappen says he is not participating in the upcoming edition of Netflix series Drive to Survive. The world championship leader told the Associated Press the programme makers “would fake a lot of stuff” based on his experience of contributing to past seasons. “They faked a few rivalries which they don’t really exist,” said Verstappen. “So I decided to not be a part of it and did not give any more interviews after that because then there is nothing you can show. I am not really a dramatic show kind of person, I just want facts and real things to happen.”

Last year the Red Bull driver complained about his depiction in the original, 2019 season of Drive to Survive. “The problem is they will always position you in a way they want, so whatever you say, they will try to make you look reckless or trying to make you… whatever fits the story of the series,” he said at the time. “So I never really liked that. I prefer to just have a one-on-one interview to the person who would like to know me.”

The fourth season of Drive to Survive, following the events of the 2021 championship, is due for release early next year.

People are so fickle!

I bet the swing voters who have moved their allegiances to Verstappen were Vettel fans when he was winning!
My wife became a Max fan almost as soon as she started watching F1 last year. She originally was Haas but got put off by the Marzipan issues.

don't want to slag it off to much netflix will bring new fans into the sport

not sure it will make them want to watch full races

aside from holland of course were it is free

Well, the Mercs are a bit nippy.

Interesting analysis on Sky showing some species of rake-lowering system as the Mercedes cars tear it up down the straight, then meercat their way into the bends.

Toto blanked the direct question, but Whinger made sure to point out how much speed the Mercs were picking up in the straights as a result of a new / recent development. Asked whether o not he was going to whinge to the FIA about it, he gave the usual PR guff about "concentrating on our own race".

nah think we are in unexplored territory due to honda holding back on the upgraded Battery till mid season

Merc have remapped or changed engine modes into area they would normally tend to avoid due to reliability issues
best to use Botty as the test bed for the changes

don't want to hurt Lewis title charge

The pendulum has swung back towards Merc with this new floor stalling system and it seemed like Max was feeling the heat in FP2, getting flustered and not completing his quali simulation run.

I wonder if this update to the merc which allows the floor to stall on the straights is a dividend from the development work they’ve been doing on the new 2022 car, with ground effect a major factor in that design? Or have they had it up their sleeve for a while and decided to only deploy it when really needed and late enough in the season to prevent copying by others?

Lewis odds on for WDC no.8 now? He should feel more confident in any case.

Back
Top Bottom