Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F*ck Wrexham - the 23/24 League Two Thread

It’s every struggling club’s dream to land a wealthy owner. One who will waken the sleeping giant they believe their club to be and take them to glory.

I think it’s sour grapes by other clubs that Wrexham have their unicorn.

Good luck to them. It could still come back to bite the owners on the arse. They took a huge gamble.

It’s every struggling club’s dream to land a wealthy owner. One who will waken the sleeping giant they believe their club to be and take them to glory.

I think it’s sour grapes by other clubs that Wrexham have their unicorn.

Good luck to them. It could still come back to bite the owners on the arse. They took a huge gamble.

Not especially - thanks to the TV show they are in profit by quite a bit. If there is a problem on the horizon it will be what happens if they ever decided to sell up, though personally and based on how they have behaved since arriving they will probably just give it back to the WST.

We (AFC Wimbledon) play them next Saturday. Never happy to see Franchise FC win a football game, but given we’ve lacked any sense of confidence since we got relegated, I’m pleased Wrexham haven’t hit the ground running. Also, with their newfound Hollywood money they nicked Palmer fro us, arguably our best player at the time. So I hope we stuff them.

Lost the best player to United keeper being confused about where ball and chest divided. Well done dumbass. I'm a united supporter and glad to be shifted of him. If you puncture someone's lung playing football maybe its the wrong sport for you.

Lost the best player to United keeper being confused about where ball and chest divided. Well done dumbass. I'm a united supporter and glad to be shifted of him. If you puncture someone's lung playing football maybe its the wrong sport for you.

We lost to Salford but it was tight so not too disheartening given the circus off season. New manager Bojack seems to have a clue unlike our previous, just a bit short on personnel. Mid table very achievable.

Not especially - thanks to the TV show they are in profit by quite a bit. If there is a problem on the horizon it will be what happens if they ever decided to sell up, though personally and based on how they have behaved since arriving they will probably just give it back to the WST.
A journo at Bloomberg calculated they made about £600k.
Ryan spent over £300k on just the pitch.

I don’t think you realise just quite how expensive football clubs are.

Having got promoted is what will return some of their investment. They have a chance of making a profit now to cover two year’s losses. Or to invest further and push immediately for another promotion.
Be interesting to see what they do.

Only just recovered from the tension and the cold at last night League Cup match. Not a particularly great game, one cracking goal (and a soft one) for us, an awful equaliser for them. All looked good at 7 minutes into injury time, but then, obviously.....at least it was better than their first equaliser. Penalties are never fun, tho at least we hadn't had to get even colder watching another 30 mins first. And the triumph! The only problem then being wiping the smile off me face as I went to get the train back from Barnsley to Sheffield.

We last played them in the League Cup in November 1999. Joe Murphy was our keeper both times. Won 4-0 back then, ohhh happy days.

First away win in 13 months and actually well worth it! Daniels is a real upgrade between the sticks and McAllister is a class above this league. Far from the finished article but plenty to work with and mid-table security should be no problem.

Last edited:
Can I jump on the fuck Wrexham bandwagon too. Even more than the money its the absurd level of free publicity that passes* me off.

* That was a typo, but 'passes me awf' is something someone would say in one of those American/Canadian accents.

Last edited:
Bit of a late sickener against Swindon that I didn't manage to stay up for. We were better most of first half by all accounts while defensive vulnerabilities apparent and Swindon lucky not to lose a man for a bad tackle on Moore-Taylor, they were already much improved second half before Bunker got himself sent off for dumb second yellow, still hung on until the dying moments of added time before conceding a screamer. Performance wise still lots of positives so can't be too down-hearted, would be nice to convert more chances and defend down the wings a bit.

Troy Deeney in as player coach bit of a surprise. Even at his age should be worth a few goals, Connor Whickham was one of our top scorers in his brief stint. Smacks a bit of DV stunt but Deeney seems to be a top bloke so hopefully be a benefit rather than another ex=prem circus like Ferguson.

I just learned we don't have a league 3 from this thread, which ages me and seems bloody obvious when they brought in the Championship....

Absolute shambles against County who were tidy but gifted two goals and a soft pen. First went in in under fifteen seconds ffs. We then had plenty of possession and decent approach work but barely conjured a shot on goal. Oh dear. At least Deeney came on.

Decent point against Wimbledon, who were the better team by a touch but we had some decent moments ourselves and when Deeney came on second half he had the quality to unlock them at last, even if the actual goal was a right old scramble. Survived some late scares for a very creditable draw on the road at one of the early pacesetters. Too many unforced errors we need to cut out, but mid-table dream firmly back on track.

Decent point against Wimbledon, who were the better team by a touch but we had some decent moments ourselves and when Deeney came on second half he had the quality to unlock them at last, even if the actual goal was a right old scramble. Survived some late scares for a very creditable draw on the road at one of the early pacesetters. Too many unforced errors we need to cut out, but mid-table dream firmly back on track.
I thought you were a Crewe fan, or have I got that completely wrong?

I thought you were a Crewe fan, or have I got that completely wrong?
I followed them as a kid when we lived in Cheshire but started watching FGR not long after I moved to Gloucestershire as a teen. Used to keep an eye on Alex results too.
ETA at the time never expected FGR to end up as a league team, well before Vince arrived!

Signed a quality RB on deadline day, Dabo ex of Coventry, very happy with that. Also a striker in on loan from Salford who's not as exciting or needed but welcome anyway, Mr Morton.

Very handy away win at Gander Green Lane. Pretty much the better side throughout without dominating, as Patrick waltzed through a couple of times to make you sweat. The hoof ball we dealt with pretty well and must have had five or six decent openings before one finally went in off our homegrown clogger defender the splendidly named Harvey Bunker. McAllister once again a class apart but good shifts in all round.

Back
Top Bottom