Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F*ck Coventry

Love to see Luton go all the way. Pretty much under their own steam on a tight budget IIRC.
They've got a player who has been with them since they were non league. That's the sort of fairy tale story I like. Hope he gets Premier League games.

There's loads of stuff on SM about the away end there and the "quaint" entrance, between terraced houses. You can see into people's bedrooms as you walk up the steps inside.

1684357981907.png

For me, that's "proper football ground" stuff.

The legroom in the seats at that end is criminal though for anyone over about 5'6" though.

My mum used to go to see them with my grandad in the 1940s, he was working at Vauxhalls in the town back then. Don't think she's kept up though. ETA Luton, not Borough, though grandad did start out in the shipyards in the northeast.

Love how it has probably pissed the suits off having two poor clubs in the big final. I mean, we (Cov) were bottom in October and close to being homeless again. Robbins is a class manager and deserves lots of credit, we have been unbeaten by the top six all year so will obvs get beaten by Luton, still overachieved to fuck

Love how it has probably pissed the suits off having two poor clubs in the big final. I mean, we (Cov) were bottom in October and close to being homeless again. Robbins is a class manager and deserves lots of credit, we have been unbeaten by the top six all year so will obvs get beaten by Luton, still overachieved to fuck
Apparently it's 22nd v 20th highest wage bill in the league. :D Again, it gives some of us some faint hope that football is also for the have-nots.

Robins is class, to lead a homeless team from league two into a championship playoff is insane. Hate to say it, but that's going to get a lot of attention from the big clubs.

Apparently it's 22nd v 20th highest wage bill in the league. :D Again, it gives some of us some faint hope that football is also for the have-nots.

Robins is class, to lead a homeless team from league two into a championship playoff is insane. Hate to say it, but that's going to get a lot of attention from the big clubs.
Several years ago you’d have been right but doubt whether many premier league clubs would be prepared to take a punt on an English manager now - even a promotion winner. Even clubs like Brighton and Brentford now seem committed to continental coaches.

Don't have any strong opinions about them either way, tbh, but the opening line from The Football Factory always makes me chuckle.

"Coventry are fuck all."

Yeah I don't really think we should Fuck Coventry. They played very well and fully deserved to go through. :D

Back
Top Bottom