Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The f*cking conference 2019/20

Why are those Welsh teams in the English leagues?
We got invited by the english FA in 1896 or something after knocking fuck out of the welsh league for a while, think the english were worried about competition from west and thought we were better in the tent pissing out. Modern welsh league is only 30 years old, even welsh FA was a sort of subsidiary of english FA for a long time so bit rich when people bang on about booting us out. Anyway we're the third oldest professional club in the world and invented tactics so suck it up we're staying

We got invited by the english FA in 1896 or something after knocking fuck out of the welsh league for a while, think the english were worried about competition from west and thought we were better in the tent pissing out. Modern welsh league is only 30 years old, even welsh FA was a sort of subsidiary of english FA for a long time so bit rich when people bang on about booting us out. Anyway we're the third oldest professional club in the world and invented tactics so suck it up we're staying

Also, strictly speaking "Wales" is everything on this island south of the Antonine Wall - so by rights Welsh sides can play in all leagues and cup competitions in that area.

I was at Hartlepool-Bromley this weekend (don’t ask). Exciting game. Hartlepool great going forward, Gimi Toure a real old-fashioned maverick. Hartlepool however are comically bad at the back. Bromley therefore win by showing all the attributes of successful sides at this level; lung power, physicality, sit deep and hit on the break, gamesmanship. Awful to watch / play against

Top of the league!
I'd be happy for the plucky underdog coming straight up and pissing the national with part timers if Woking maintain this but also really fucking miserable. You won't anyway though. It's all new and fresh and that innocent momentum is keeping you going, but this division will have you, it will make you all mediocre in the mind, every player every fan. Sorry

Well I don't really expect it to last, as I said before my goal is just to avoid relegation. But beating Solihull Moors yesterday was fucking enjoyable.

Well I don't really expect it to last, as I said before my goal is just to avoid relegation. But beating Solihull Moors yesterday was fucking enjoyable.
Sorry I'm just a miserable fucker. You're doing well, 15 points from 18, no danger of you going down, there is some absolute dogshit in this league. It's just something about this specific division that squeezes every bit of fun and hope out is all, I think it's the only one up automatically

Another win for woking, flying. On other hand we're shit, another season of treading water, another shit manager on an inexplicably long contract when we only ever take players on one year deals. Fucks sake

Hughes- an obvious dud- sacked.

Brian Flynn back in the Wrexham hotseat. Wrexham have become a real sacking club in the last couple of years.
Thank fuck. Bad appointment. I don't think sacking club is fair tho tbh - Keates and Ricketts both left of own accord (Ricketts after no time to a rival and just before a big cup game which rankled), Barrow was essentially an interim and didn't want to manage us (and was shit). Mills and Wilkin before Keates were mistakes tbf.

Yozzer Hughes was a poor choice, barely tested before us and found wanting when he was, long contract, his only qualifications seemed to be a) popular former player and b) available. No reason why wrexham should be in conference relegation zone, part time teams ahead of us

Would love Flynn to be back as manager full time fwiw. Grew up watching Flynn sides, we had lots of downs but some great ups, knocking out big clubs became a habit, and we always played football - on the ground, short passing, lovely stuff. Reckon Flynn deserves a lot of the credit for national team too tbh

Would love Flynn to be back as manager full time fwiw. Grew up watching Flynn sides, we had lots of downs but some great ups, knocking out big clubs became a habit, and we always played football - on the ground, short passing, lovely stuff. Reckon Flynn deserves a lot of the credit for national team too tbh

Yep Wrexham should be top 3-4 every season without fail.

If Flynn is interested, a no-brainer to have him back. A really fine coach and an under-rated career.

Back
Top Bottom