Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

I guess there is a fairly long scale between NEEd to maintain life <====> completely useless to me
and a whole spectrum of wants, desires, conveniences etc

This is a good one as well: Angry couple 'cut off' by roadworks outside their own home

It's either a whole 11min drive:

1650958337093.png

or a 22min walk:

1650958295934.png

How anyone thinks it's worth going to the papers for this....

update: don't know much about pretrol consumption but to cost an extra £1,200 over 2.5 months at £1.60 a litre and 7 miles to the litre reckon they'd need to be doing about 15 trips into town a day!

Last edited:
FFS I'm not saying that, I'm saying that's an opinion that someone could hold, and they could support it by making the same assertion that you did: that the fact someone doesn't have something is proof they don't need it. That doesn't stack up with carless people just the same as it doesn't stack up with homeless people.

If you want to prove he doesn't need a car you'll have to do better than "he doesn't have one".
“I’m just asking questions here”

It's quite common for car people to have this notion that their liberties are being restricted by faceless bureaucrats.

We should have a day each year where all traffic lights are turned off, parking is allowed absolutely anywhere, the highway code doesn't apply and anyone is allowed to drive.

See how long it takes for them to demand that faceless bureaucrats re-activate all the huge systems of regulation and control that are necessary to let motor traffic function without complete chaos ensuing.

It's quite common for car people to have this notion that their liberties are being restricted by faceless bureaucrats.

We should have a day each year where all traffic lights are turned off, parking is allowed absolutely anywhere, the highway code doesn't apply and anyone is allowed to drive.

See how long it takes for them to demand that faceless bureaucrats re-activate all the huge systems of regulation and control that are necessary to let motor traffic function without complete chaos ensuing.
I appreciate the thought but I suspect if you did this on one special day a year, people would be very courteous on that day and things would actually run smoother than usual. It would go wrong if if were like this regularly, not as a one-off

Average speed is fairly low if you park the Range Rover sport on the yellow zig zags outside the gate when dropping off Esmerelda and Finn for the school day.
To do anything else would be foolhardy and dangerous because of all of those cars on the school run

Good to see the RMT taking inspiration from Insulate Britain.

And more proof that drivers don't just hate the environment - they hate workers' rights and maritime safety too.

No surprises there of course.

Good to see the RMT taking inspiration from Insulate Britain.

And more proof that drivers don't just hate the environment - they hate workers' rights and maritime safety too.

No surprises there of course.
Irreproachable evidence that proves beyond doubt all drivers are like this guy.

Might as well close the thread now, nothing else to add to the debate.

Welcome to Shoreham, Kent, where car owners park on the pavement around a parking layby. It's like this all the time.

I'm considering hiring a few cars and parking them in the parking layby for a few days to see what happens.

20220505_164956_copy_1290x967.jpg

Welcome to Shoreham, Kent, where car owners park on the pavement around a parking layby. It's like this all the time.

I'm considering hiring a few cars and parking them in the parking layby for a few days to see what happens.

View attachment 321356
That’s undoubtedly a cunt’s trick. Can’t imagine many people thinking otherwise.

Car owners in some suburban areas can be well fucking selfish, weird and sometimes plain unhinged when it comes to parking issues. They even exist in such areas as Tooting, which is London for all purposes even if they don’t have a London post code,

We would sometimes visit friends who lived there and they would get twitchy if there happened to be a space a few doors down from them and we parked there. ‘Oh, the neighbour is not going to be happy if he comes back before you’re gone’ they would say with a nervous laugh. I invariably told them that whereas I wasn’t trying to cause conflict between them and their local fellow residents, the neighbour could go fuck himself if he thought he had a god-given right to the public road space outside his gaff, and he could come talk to me to convince me otherwise if he wanted.

Newish developments, in particular those bendy roads and cul-de-sacs, are often particularly bad for territorial nutjobs.

Newish developments, in particular those bendy roads and cul-de-sacs, are often particularly bad for territorial nutjobs.
It’s car owners everywhere pretty much. The number of people that object to cycle hangars outside their house round here 🤦‍♂️

It’s car owners everywhere pretty much. The number of people that object to cycle hangars outside their house round here 🤦‍♂️

If there’s no need for a cycle hangar at a particular location its probably not surprising that people there object to it.

If there’s no need for a cycle hangar at a particular location its probably not surprising that people there object to it.
Why do think there’s no need? In Lambeth there’s a huge waiting list and until recently a couple of individuals on a street could stop them being put it.

Why do think there’s no need? In Lambeth there’s a huge waiting list and until recently a couple of individuals on a street could stop them being put it.

You said people were objecting to cycle hangers “outside their house”. If every householder on a street did that, there obviously wouldn’t be a burning desire for anyone on that street to have a cycle hanger.

If a council is allowing a couple of individuals on a street to prevent any cycle hangers from being put on that street, that’s obviously an entirely different situation to that which you originally outlined.

You said people were objecting to cycle hangers “outside their house”. If every householder on a street did that, there obviously wouldn’t be a burning desire for anyone on that street to have a cycle hanger.

If a council is allowing a couple of individuals on a street to prevent any cycle hangers from being put on that street, that’s obviously an entirely different situation to that which you originally outlined.
The council identifies a suitable location and asks the street - a couple of people object and it has been people that live where the location is outside - and so they couldn’t install it. They’ve changed it now and just get on with it.

As I’m sure you know - most drivers seem to think they own the space outside they’re house which is indicative of what a twat owning a car seems to make a lot of people.

The council identifies a suitable location and asks the street - a couple of people object and it has been people that live where the location is outside - and so they couldn’t install it. They’ve changed it now and just get on with it.

Sounds like your council is shit, most of them are so that's no surprise.

Back
Top Bottom