Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

In summary, this is where the anti-car propagandists appear to have positioned themselves with regard to garages in UK new-build homes:

They approve of large garages that you can easily fit a Range Rover Sport inside, without needlessly sacrificing living space. If you can afford this sort of house you're fine, because you can subversively use the garage to run a bike repair workshop or yurt-weaving classes:

Image7.jpg

They disapprove of small garages that can only fit a Skoda Octavia inside. These garages sacrifice living space and mean that people who can only afford such small houses will have a miserable existence eating dinner in their kitchens or sharing their living room with children's toys:

Image6.jpg

Which one is best for sneaking downstairs to have your way with the car? I don't know if proximity is best so less sneaking is required, or being slightly detached so your squeals of delight are less likely to be heard.

Yurts are made of felt. You don't weave them. If someone offers a yurt-weaving class, they are not offering legitimate training.

It would be quite sensible to offer smaller houses with purpose designed workshop/utility space rather than a garage. Then it wouldn't have to be the size of a car and could be in proportion to the rest of the house. It could have things like natural daylight and ventilation.

They removed one of those in Durham as people tried to get through on back of the cars paymet in front. I witnessed a car getting it's radiator bollarded, water pissing everywhere and the couple stuck on it looking fucking embarrassed. :D
I wonder if any car parks that install such bollards to prevent fare dodgers have included something in their T&Cs about car owners being responsible for the damage caused by such bollards. I suspect a lawyer-happy driver might want to argue in court that claiming thousands of Pounds of damage to a car to prevent the evasion of a measly two-figure amount parking fee is a disproportionate measure.

I wonder if any car parks that install such bollards to prevent fare dodgers have included something in their T&Cs about car owners being responsible for the damage caused by such bollards. I suspect a lawyer-happy driver might want to argue in court that claiming thousands of Pounds of damage to a car to prevent the evasion of a measly two-figure amount parking fee is a disproportionate measure.
Looks like someone claimed successfully.
You'd think the filth would get a free pass !

All our local ones in the town centre have been removed and replaced by enforcement cameras. Much easier for the council to maintain, and they bring in revenue too. Of course what cameras don't do is stop people driving down the roads in question, so people with dodgy plates or too much money get to charge about like they own the place.

Good post about all the public money wasted subsidising private car ownership.

6 meters squared be buggered. My cars take up about 10 square meters and I’ve got two of them on Westminster residents permits at about £160 each a year.

Seriously good value in these rip-off times.

6 meters squared be buggered. My cars take up about 10 square meters and I’ve got two of them on Westminster residents permits at about £160 each a year.

Seriously good value in these rip-off times.
By my rough calculations, Westminster council is losing about £1,500,000 per year because of this, and that could be used towards building a children's hospital, so I hope you are going to do the right thing.

By my rough calculations, Westminster council is losing about £1,500,000 per year because of this, and that could be used towards building a children's hospital, so I hope you are going to do the right thing.
They'd probably just spend it on another shit hill!! Truly awful council.

Back
Top Bottom