Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Bloke up the street just bought a 2 year old panamera S with the big engine. I am quite tempted but it would take up the parking space for 2 cars. But I would likely want 3 just to make sure I don’t get any scratches from inconsiderate people in shitty electric noddy cars . There is a charging point outside my house so I could straddle 2 spaces to secure the safety of it. Keep the joe 90s and riff raft out of the way. I pay my road tax so it’s morally legit probably won’t drive it much as it costs too much at 15 mpg

I suppose the "majority" of the people want vehicles banned from making deliveries to Brick Lane shops in the same way that the "majority" of the people in Southend West voted for a Conservative MP.

A quick look at their Instagram shows that they were likely either effecting deliveries or saving the space for their delivery van, working hard to serve their community before the gentrificationist anti-vehicle nutters make their business impractical and force them to close.

I suppose the "majority" of the people want vehicles banned from making deliveries to Brick Lane shops in the same way that the "majority" of the people in Southend West voted for a Conservative MP.

A quick look at their Instagram shows that they were likely either effecting deliveries or saving the space for their delivery van, working hard to serve their community before the gentrificationist anti-vehicle nutters make their business impractical and force them to close.
You’re almost good enough to put on stage.

Man who doesn’t own a car buys a flat with no parking space, then buys a car and complains he has nowhere to park it.

Well that's not what he's complaining about. His gripe is that they used to be able to park in the side streets but the council have changed the rules and he's not eligible for a permit.

Violin size small, but he has half a point.

Well that's not what he's complaining about. His gripe is that they used to be able to park in the side streets but the council have changed the rules and he's not eligible for a permit.

Violin size small, but he has half a point.
No he doesn’t. He could park there, now he can’t. Tough shit, welcome to car ownership, other modes of transport are available etc etc :D :cool:

He bought a flat for which the lease said he could not apply for a parking permit. The flat is within about 100m of a train station and several bus stops.

Parking restrictions brought in due to excessive car use by other people like him, so he can't park his car on the public road next to his house, but can park it 15 minutes walk away.

What an idiot. He should be made an example of, to discourage others from doing the same.

He bought a flat for which the lease said he could not apply for a parking permit. The flat is within about 100m of a train station and several bus stops.

Parking restrictions brought in due to excessive car use by other people like him, so he can't park his car on the public road next to his house, but can park it 15 minutes walk away.

What an idiot. He should be made an example of, to discourage others from doing the same.

He is being made an example of.

I suspect they introduced controlled parking on surrounding streets as there was a bloody big development built nearby without enough parking for the residents there!

The actual effect will be to encourage suburban expansion where every house has off-street parking.

The actual effect will be to encourage suburban expansion where every house has off-street parking.
Also, we shouldn't try to stop people bludgeoning kittens to death in London, because it'll just encourage them to go and bludgeon kittens to death outside the M25 instead.

Back
Top Bottom