Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Yeah, hilarious. Prat. :rolleyes:
What do you actually propose that gets changed in the real world, if you don’t find it funny? Because all I ever see from you are impassioned arguments for keeping everything the same. So here it is: how are we going to reduce emissions to target levels if it doesn’t involve low-hanging fruit like not using aeroplanes to fly a few hundred miles that also have well-served train lines?

What do you actually propose that gets changed in the real world, if you don’t find it funny? Because all I ever see from you are impassioned arguments for keeping everything the same. So here it is: how are we going to reduce emissions to target levels if it doesn’t involve low-hanging fruit like not using aeroplanes to fly a few hundred miles that also have well-served train lines?

I wouldn’t bother - he’s either a climate change denier and/or not able to think that deeply.

I think he thinks he’s being clever…

It's just out of touch. All the vegan/meat eating/cycling threads... it's not edgy... it's tired.

Dunno, mebbe it's silly trolling or a way of coping with the shit world we're in but there's a widening gap between the future and the jokes 'n' bants.

Guess must be going through a sense of humour failure phase...

It's just out of touch. All the vegan/meat eating/cycling threads... it's not edgy... it's tired.

Dunno, mebbe it's silly trolling or a way of coping with the shit world we're in but there's a widening gap between the future and the jokes 'n' bants.

Guess must be going through a sense of humour failure phase...

I think it’s a reaction to seemingly being told what to do.

Truth is that most people don’t have a choice in using cars as we’ve designed everything around them so people react negatively when told their lifestyle “choices” are causing harm because they don’t actually have a choice.

Drivers are already meant to give way to pedestrians who are already crossing but most don’t see to know this.

Good explainer here. Can’t see why anyone would be against this so hopefully it happens.

I would imagine most drivers and motorcyclists would not only be in favour of this, but be their most enthusiastic supporters. If only we could encourage everyone to cross at safer, designated highlighted points, rather then treating the entire length of every street as a free for all crossing point, and worse still sometimes from behind obstructions that make it virtually impossible for road users to see them in advance. Sign me up!

I would imagine most drivers and motorcyclists would not only be in favour of this, but be their most enthusiastic supporters. If only we could encourage everyone to cross at safer, designated highlighted points, rather then treating the entire length of every street as a free for all crossing point, and worse still sometimes from behind obstructions that make it virtually impossible for road users to see them in advance. Sign me up!

I’m not sure you’ve understood the proposal.

The worm has turned, cars used to have a man with a red flag leading the way now it's pedestrians turn.

It demonstrates how driverless technology is still a long way off. Was talked about loads a while back but gone quiet recently. This is obv never going to happen and sounds more like the death throws of a dying industry.

Back
Top Bottom