Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

It’s certainly an interesting proposal. I don’t know one could travel anywhere by tree; I guess they’re talking about trees imported from Middle Earth. I’m all up for that, frankly :)

lotr-treebeard.gif

I think it would be an interesting idea if all the houses carpeting the UK were replaced with trees. People could live in caves in the winter or something, it would be good for their physical fitness.

Best thing you can do for the environment is stop driving.

View attachment 295622
What, altogether? Or is occasional use considered within the realms of acceptable footprint?

Serious question by the way. I genuinely never know if many anti car proponents have an issue with car ownership, or all instances of motor vehicle use. Because undoubtedly there will be plenty of people out there who use a car sporadically and will have a lesser impact to, say, careless people who have shit delivered by Amazon on a regular basis.

I’m all for all of us reducing our usage of wasteful and polluting practices, but there really isn’t a need for a complete ban on anything.

DDC549BA-708E-4728-83E3-0EABF2D8F369.png

Here’s another graph, one that many car/ air travel prohibitionists are seldom happy to discuss.

In case anyone missed it, the above graph is not to scale, as no computer screen in the world would be large enough to display the top bar in full.

What, altogether? Or is occasional use considered within the realms of acceptable footprint?

Serious question by the way. I genuinely never know if many anti car proponents have an issue with car ownership, or all instances of motor vehicle use. Because undoubtedly there will be plenty of people out there who use a car sporadically and will have a lesser impact to, say, careless people who have shit delivered by Amazon on a regular basis.

I’m all for all of us reducing our usage of wasteful and polluting practices, but there really isn’t a need for a complete ban on anything.

Not a ban but stop designing places so people are car dependent and drastically discourage car journeys through restrictions and charges where there are alternatives eg. in cities. Also if your using a car infrequently then having car sharing schemes rather than everyone owning there own. You’ll free up space and save the harm done by manufacturing another car.

I got a lift from a friend yesterday for a journey I’d usually make by train through suburban London and it was frankly depressing. Traffic everywhere at non rush hour time, tons of ridiculously sized cars spewing exhaust, depressing A roads with houses right next to them & cutting straight through town centres designed for cars not people.

It’s something I don’t see that often and was throughly depressing. Of course it prob took longer by car as well. If you don’t see the countless issues caused by cars you’re not paying attention.

More that they laugh at the ridiculousness of comparing what is at heart our most basic biological function against, well, anything.

It’s also only a high impact as more people currently means more car owners, more people taking flights, more people eating meat etc. if we stop/drastically reduce those we can deal with more people to a degree.

It’s just used as a get out for those that don’t want to take any action.

More that they laugh at the ridiculousness of comparing what is at heart our most basic biological function against, well, anything.
I find driving much more natural than looking after children, so I choose to drive instead of having children. I'm obviously a better person than anybody with a child, unless they happen to plant trees for a living.

I did both. I choose to allow people like Bees and Ed to cut down on environmentally damaging practices on my behalf.

Cheers chaps. :thumbs:
I have no problem with carbon footprint sharing. I actually set aside a few thousand miles for you earlier this year when I didn't go on holiday :thumbs:

I have no problem with carbon footprint sharing. I actually set aside a few thousand miles for you earlier this year when I didn't go on holiday :thumbs:

Cheers. I'm flying to Norway next month and spending 5 days tooling around the Arctic on snowmobiles. Your contribution, combined with Edcraw's lack of vehicular emissions this year, will enable me to burn all that fuel without feeling guilty. :thumbs:

Cheers. I'm flying to Norway next month and spending 5 days tooling around the Arctic on snowmobiles. Your contribution, combined with Edcraw's lack of vehicular emissions this year, will enable me to burn all that fuel without feeling guilty. :thumbs:
You're very welcome. It is comforting to see that people here are doing their bit to balance the scales.

Back
Top Bottom