Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Yeah, well, it's a well known fact that Americans can't car.

Small is beautiful anyway. If I ever buy another car, which I doubt, I might go for one of these frugal things...

auto_visore_695_Biposto_1920.png

They need big cars for their large people. Are you saying fat people shouldn't be allowed to drive?
I'm not sure that's why the cars are so big but car dependency is a major contributing factor to weight problems and obesity in developed countries in the first place so whatever the problem bigger cars aren't really the answer.

I'm not sure that's why the cars are so big but car dependency is a major contributing factor to weight problems and obesity in developed countries in the first place so whatever the problem bigger cars aren't really the answer.
Have you not seen them trying to get to Dr. Now's clinic on My 600lb Life? Bigger cars are the only answer!

Meanwhile, at the weekend I left my local area where according to some people a fascist dictatorship is imposing restrictions on the motorist, and visited part of Car Land outside of London.

This was a post-war housing development that, unlike Victorian housing developments, had the private motor car very much in mind. So all the houses are provided with off street parking and/or a garage. Its designers also wanted to make things tolerable for those on foot, and perhaps had an intention that the street scene even in a car oriented design could be made pleasant.

So, as well as giving everyone some space to store their death machines on their own property, there are lots of grassy verges, some of them separating the roadway from the main footpath.

Unfortunately they didn't have any idea quite how much motor vehicles would come to dominate nor the selfish attitudes that they generate in their owners. So now, not only is the roadway lined with cars, but some of them are blocking the pavements and some of them are dumped on the grassy areas that ought to be part of the communal public realm. They don't just look a mess in themselves but churn up the ground and destroy kerbs and pathways.Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.46.00.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.46.10.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.46.18.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.46.46.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.47.00.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.47.13.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.47.23.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.47.42.jpg

Already filled up your own front garden with range rovers etc? No problem if you want a third vehicle, just dump it on the grass that's supposed to be there to make other people's lives a little happier.

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.50.51.jpg

I think this sign probably says something about not driving onto the verges but someone has got the paint out because their desire to park their car near their front door over-rides anything that anyone else might like or need.

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.52.41.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-23 at 11.52.49.jpg

These people don't own cars.
I don't watch channel 5 so I have very little idea what you're on about but towns and cities designed for cars contribute to sedentary behaviour generally. And I would guess that people that are so obese that they're essentially disabled get driven by other people a lot.

I don't watch channel 5 so I have very little idea what you're on about but towns and cities designed for cars contribute to sedentary behaviour generally. And I would guess that people that are so obese that they're essentially disabled get driven by other people a lot.
The only exercise they get is answering the door to collect 6 pizzas and 15 burgers from the delivery person, and that's just breakfast.
When they do get driven anywhere, not surprisingly it's in a large vehicle.

The only exercise they get is answering the door to collect 6 pizzas and 15 burgers from the delivery person, and that's just breakfast.
When they do get driven anywhere, not surprisingly it's in a large vehicle.
That's kind of my point. Dependant on cars even though they don't drive.

Back
Top Bottom