Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Would you rather people died if they were involved in an accident?
If car drivers were more at risk of death in collisions with pedestrians and cyclists, that would be excellent for road safety. I don't think it was me that came up with the idea of a spike being installed in the middle of steering wheels - maybe activated in all areas with a speed limit under 50.

If car drivers were more at risk of death in collisions with pedestrians and cyclists, that would be excellent for road safety. I don't think it was me that came up with the idea of a spike being installed in the middle of steering wheels - maybe activated in all areas with a speed limit under 50.
So you think killing people is the best way to prevent deaths? Why doesn't this surprise me.

I thought Saul Goodman & Spymaster were kids until they said they liked drones and cricket when I realised they must be middle aged Jeremy Clarkson wannabes.
They are way older than that. I bet they could tell you how they had to do double declutching when they first learnt to drive. Maybe those wind-up handles on the radiator too, and something about woman drivers not being able to park. I don't worry too much about them. Better to focus on what younger more dynamic generations are doing.

They are way older than that. I bet they could tell you how they had to do double declutching when they first learnt to drive. Maybe those wind-up handles on the radiator too, and something about woman drivers not being able to park. I don't worry too much about them. Better to focus on what younger more dynamic generations are doing.
My nephew bought a VW Golf GTD. Its a lovely car and surprisingly fast, but you can make it so much faster with just a computer! Last time he was here we got stoned and decided to flash the ECU, and upped the BHP from 184 to 240, and the torque from 380 to 450 Nm. It's fast as fuck now.
Thats what the younger, more dynamic generations are doing these days.

I think it’s a shame that Saul and Spy repeatedly shut down any form of discussion in so many threads with stupid bad faith trolling that other idiots then feel compelled to actually respond to, as if the two stooges in question in any way actually believe the preposterously stupid things they have come out with. I think we could have some genuinely interesting discussions about this stuff. It can’t happen though, because the threads are spammed with stupidity instead. Well done, guys.

I think it’s a shame that Saul and Spy repeatedly shut down any form of discussion in so many threads with stupid bad faith trolling that other idiots then feel compelled to actually respond to, as if the two stooges in question in any way actually believe the preposterously stupid things they have come out with. I think we could have some genuinely interesting discussions about this stuff. It can’t happen though, because the threads are spammed with stupidity instead. Well done, guys.

That’s just really forums isn’t - prob shouldn’t respond but they do demonstrate what idiots the people are that defend car culture.

That’s just really forums isn’t - prob shouldn’t respond but they do demonstrate what idiots the people are that defend car culture.
They aren’t idiots, they’re doing it on purpose because they enjoy winding people up. They know as well as you do that what they’re saying is ridiculous. That’s the art of trolling

If threads are started as bad faith trolls (as Teuchter has repeatedly stated that this one was) you can’t really blame people for trolling them. There used to be a silly cyclist thread where frustrations were vented but the cycle wallies got it shut so these get the treatment instead. Having posters like edcraw turn up and be wrong about everything they post is a fun bonus though!

This thread is kind of open to some hyperbole and messing around, and it kind of helps make the point if anything, but it's not so great that Saul Goodman feels the need to splurge the same old stuff on virtually every transport thread including ones that are obviously supposed to be serious, for example the one about dangerous driving in South London.

What discussion? The thread is a pure troll :facepalm:

It's easy to just put them on 'ignore'. It's one of the best features about the forum software. But a lot of people do reply to the trolling here. I suppose it's something to do. :rolleyes:

It's easy to just put them on 'ignore'. It's one of the best features about the forum software. But a lot of people do reply to the trolling here. I suppose it's something to do. :rolleyes:
Also, I don’t really want to ignore them because when they aren’t being irritating and ruining conversation, they can be quite entertaining and interesting. Plus their trolling is successful enough to ruin the thread anyway.

But this is where it all goes wrong! If you really do ignore them, and others do likewise, you get more participation from the non-trolls who are driven away from these threads. You end up with a real discussion, with people contributing new information and educating each other. Wouldn't you rather have that than fuckwits on stilts?

Back
Top Bottom