Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

No - we need to stop making ridiculously oversized cars. There’s no more room in there than an old Fiesta.

One of the main reasons they've got bigger is to accomodate larger crumple zones and safety features. Plus of course, greedy people like you who insist on filling them with loads of luggage.

One of the main reasons they've got bigger is to accomodate larger crumple zones and safety features.

Yep - and roads aren’t getting any wider.
Would you rather people died if they were involved in an accident?

We’ve made cars safer rather than drivers, that’s why we should be having restrictions on speed and through traffic. Crumble zones don’t make it any safer for people outside the car - in fact the opposite.

Cars getting longer & wider surely has a big impact on congestion but let’s not looks at that but focus on cyclists instead.

I doubt hire car fleets have the smaller models of cars as they’re less likely to be suitable for the reasons people hire cars.

Yep - and roads aren’t getting any wider.

We’ve made cars safer rather than drivers, that’s why we should be having restrictions on speed and through traffic. Crumble zones don’t make it any safer for people outside the car - in fact the opposite.

I want to go to the crumble zone, a final sweet release from all the madness...

crunchyappleandblack_7679_16x9.jpg

Yep - seems to be niche thing, certainly not standard and not the reason cars are getting bigger and bigger.

It's one of the very well known and documented causes of car bloat. It's not niche at all. Do some reading before you post on this again.

I've hired a car that's too big.
Why didn't you get a smaller one, then?
It wouldn't fit all of our luggage.

:D

I think you’re missing the point - it’s like a reverse tardis, there’s bugger all room instead but massive outside. It’s what goes for a small car nowadays.

Last edited:
I think you’re missing the point - it’s like a reverse tardis, there’s bugger all room instead but massive outside. It’s what goes for a small car nowadays.

I have a small car. A toyota yaris. Its big inside...relatively to how it looks on the outside.
A six foot 4 person would be very comfortable in it

I mean it’s a fact cars are getting bigger but no one ever blames congestion on this as car drivers are never at fault & just look for any other excuse. Again drivers never taking responsibility for the damage they cause.

I’m happy to take my blame for the one week of the year I drive but I’m not going to moan about it and blame it on cyclists.

Back
Top Bottom