Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Well why don't you talk about how we could manage exemptions rather than just using the issue as a reason not to make any restrictions?
Because I don't believe there should be restrictions, apart from maybe cyclists, who are obviously able-bodied.

is it illegal to cycle in Richmond Park? It wasn't when I cycled round it when I was in London - how long ago did this happen, and why? Motorised transport, excepting parks staff, should be banned instead

is it illegal to cycle in Richmond Park? It wasn't when I cycled round it when I was in London - how long ago did this happen, and why? Motorised transport, excepting parks staff, should be banned instead
Some dickless buffoon from the royal parks office managed to get them banned during Covid because of their 'plume of exhalation' lol. No longer banned because it's fucking ridiculous; it's cars that shouldn't be in parks.

I doubt he needs that size vehicle for anything tbh.

I don't know if you've been following but there's be a big debate about whether through traffic should be allowed in Richmond Park (the answer is no by the way).
I assumed it already banned it? Last week Google Maps’ suggested route between South London and Trowbridge sent us to Richmond Park en route to the M3, but when we arrived at the gate by the Priory there was no motorised through traffic allowed….

I assumed it already banned it? Last week Google Maps’ suggested route between South London and Trowbridge sent us to Richmond Park en route to the M3, but when we arrived at the gate by the Priory there was no motorised through traffic allowed….

The covid ban on through traffic in Bushy Park is still in place. You can still get to the car parks. Despite it being dead close to where I live I've not been to Richmond Park for months.

The covid ban on through traffic in Bushy Park is still in place. You can still get to the car parks. Despite it being dead close to where I live I've not been to Richmond Park for months.
Google Maps is usually reliable when it comes to route restrictions for motor traffic, but this time they got it wrong, for the first time ime. So I thought it had just been introduced.

Kills 2 people & injures 10 and gets 9 years on prison - seems as good as we can get after having become accustomed to low sentences.

11.5 years driving ban seems pretty stupid when most of those he’ll be in jail. Why not a ban for life?

Kills 2 people & injures 10 and gets 9 years on prison - seems as good as we can get after having become accustomed to low sentences.

11.5 years driving ban seems pretty stupid when most of those he’ll be in jail. Why not a ban for life?

This happened just up the road from me.

Heavier (not heavy enough) sentencing because he was off his face on cocaine when he did it and had his twelve year old son in the car with him. One of the people he killed was a 48 year old standing at a bus stop with his wife and son. He'll only do four and a half years and back in the car when he's fifty. Even contemplating letting this piece of shit behind a wheel is unjustifiable. I think the fact he was doing somewhere between 88 and 104mph on a 30mph road is a very strong argument for GPS speed limiting.

But obviously bicycles in parks is the real issue. Arseholes.

This happened just up the road from me.

Heavier (not heavy enough) sentencing because he was off his face on cocaine when he did it and had his twelve year old son in the car with him. One of the people he killed was a 48 year old standing at a bus stop with his wife and son. He'll only do four and a half years and back in the car when he's fifty. Even contemplating letting this piece of shit behind a wheel is unjustifiable. I think the fact he was doing somewhere between 88 and 104mph on a 30mph road is a very strong argument for GPS speed limiting.

But obviously bicycles in parks is the real issue. Arseholes.
FFS - evenly the seemingly harsh sentences are bloody lenient.

We treat drivers like babies and let them take fuck all responsibility.

Nah. The car lobby is far too powerful and contributes way too much money for any government too fuck it over completely, which is what most of these silly suggestions like yours would do.
Which is, again, precisely why it should be done.

It shows how fucked up the situation is though. All my suggestion would do is actually enforce the current law. Yet apparently it's a "silly" thing to do. Why would any driver possibly object?

Which is, again, precisely why it should be done.

It shows how fucked up the situation is though. All my suggestion would do is actually enforce the current law. Yet apparently it's a "silly" thing to do. Why would any driver possibly object?

They'd object because they'd lose their licences. Speeding is the main one, isn't it. Nobody observes speed limits on motorways because they're too slow in clear traffic and good conditions and 70 isn't enforced anyway; so raise them. Same with blanket 20mph zones. There are many, many, situations where 20 (or even lower) is appropriate but also many where it's ridiculous. Where it's ridiculous people will largely ignore it and government won't seek to nick everyone because they'd lose too much money. The result is that wallies like you and will keep getting upset whilst dickheads like me blast around in obscenely powerful cars with impunity, giving you wanker signs out of the window. :)

Back
Top Bottom