Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Not quite. It is a three wheeled motorcycle-rated vehicle that car drivers can ride without a licence, but bitter envious people without either a car or bike licence cannot. It has the added advantage (like all types of motorcycles) of seemly piss off the anti-car Taliban brigade, as most of their arguments against the evil motor vehicle fall flat when applied to proper internal combustion engined bikes.

And I am sorry if I further annoy you, maomao and anyone else who (rightly) points out it is not a motorcycle, that it still enjoys full motorcycle privileges such as bus lane use, reduced vehicle excise duty fees, and free motorcycle parking. But hey, perhaps the two of you can start writing letters to the government and all the local authorities to protest about that, and who knows, you may suceed in having such privileges removed from my three-wheeled not-a-fucking-motorcycle vehicle :thumbs:
Doesn't particularly annoy me - sorry. I remain pleased that anti-car propaganda has meant that you use one of these tricycles instead of a car.

Hopefully all internal combustion vehicles will be gone quite soon, and you will have to replace it with an electric tricycle.

Doesn't particularly annoy me - sorry. I remain pleased that anti-car propaganda has meant that you use one of these tricycles instead of a car.

Hopefully all internal combustion vehicles will be gone quite soon, and you will have to replace it with an electric tricycle.
I will be delighted to be able to replace my current internal combustion engined tricyle with an electric one, actually. The acceleration of electric vehicles in general is astounding, I would imagine even more so on bikes & trikes.

I will be delighted to be able to replace my current internal combustion engined tricyle with an electric one, actually. The acceleration of electric vehicles in general is astounding, I would imagine even more so on bikes & trikes.
They're all but silent, too, which should make for some excellent fun scaring cyclists.

AwOOOga!

At 8.45 on Talking Pictures TV there's a look at the trials and tribulations of drivers trying to find a parking space, back in the '60s. The title is "Prison on Wheels". :D

And it's the best channel on the telly.

Virgin 445
Freeview 81
Sky channel 328
Freesat 306
Youview 81

In Rutger Bregman’s Humankind, he writes about a study by Dacher Keltner (a psychologist who studies the now-discredited Machiavellian ideas on political philosophy).

In the study, he looked at "the psychological effect of an expensive car":
"Here, the first set of subjects were put behind the wheel of a beat-up Mitsubishi or Ford Pinto and sent in the direction of a crosswalk where a pedestrian was just stepping off the kerb. All the drivers stopped as the law required.
But then in part two of the study, subjects got to drive a snazzy Mercedes. This time 45% failed to stop for the pedestrian. In fact, the more expensive the car, the ruder the road manners. 'BMW drivers were the worst', one of the researchers told the New York Times. (This study has now been replicated twice with similar results.
Observing how the drivers behaved, Keltner eventually realised what it reminded him of. The medical term is 'acquired sociopathy': a non-hereditary antisocial personality disordered, first diagnosed by psychologists in the nineteenth century. It arises after a blow to the head that damages key regions of the brain and can turn the nicest people in the world into the worst kind of Machievellian."

so driving an expensive car turns you into a psychocunt. Well I never.

In Rutger Bregman’s Humankind, he writes about a study by Dacher Keltner (a psychologist who studies the now-discredited Machiavellian ideas on political philosophy).

In the study, he looked at "the psychological effect of an expensive car":
"Here, the first set of subjects were put behind the wheel of a beat-up Mitsubishi or Ford Pinto and sent in the direction of a crosswalk where a pedestrian was just stepping off the kerb. All the drivers stopped as the law required.
But then in part two of the study, subjects got to drive a snazzy Mercedes. This time 45% failed to stop for the pedestrian. In fact, the more expensive the car, the ruder the road manners. 'BMW drivers were the worst', one of the researchers told the New York Times. (This study has now been replicated twice with similar results.
Observing how the drivers behaved, Keltner eventually realised what it reminded him of. The medical term is 'acquired sociopathy': a non-hereditary antisocial personality disordered, first diagnosed by psychologists in the nineteenth century. It arises after a blow to the head that damages key regions of the brain and can turn the nicest people in the world into the worst kind of Machievellian."

so driving an expensive car turns you into a psychocunt. Well I never.
Do you have a link to this study? I'd like to read it.

Do you have a link to this study? I'd like to read it.
Kentner writes about it in pages 4-49 of this book:
but a quick search in Google Scholar finds this, which is presumaby the study cited: Higher social class predicts increased unethical behavior

Kentner writes about it in pages 4-49 of this book:
but a quick search in Google Scholar finds this, which is presumaby the study cited: Higher social class predicts increased unethical behavior
Thanks, but that doesn't appear to say the same thing your previous post is suggesting. His study appears to suggest that rich people tend to be cunts, not that putting people into expensive cars turns people into cunts. It's a subtle but important difference, although entirely predictable.

Thanks, but that doesn't appear to say the same thing your previous post is suggesting. His study appears to suggest that rich people tend to be cunts, not that putting people into expensive cars turns people into cunts. It's a subtle but important difference, although entirely predictable.
you've read the headline, not the actual study then

Surely the correlation’s that cunts like expensive cars.

How about GPS speed limit capping if drivers are so poor they need help?

Compared to the other safety features I’ve mentioned, that one wouldn’t
have prevented this crash.

And if you think it’s only poor drivers who crash I hope you don’t drive.

One of us hasn't read it but it isn't me.
so you must have read the method section then? "Upper class drivers" were those percieved to be by the coders conducting the field study - they could only guess at their socal class by observing the status of the type of car they were driving

so you must have read the method section then? "Upper class drivers" were those percieved to be by the coders conducting the field study - they could only guess at their socal class by observing the status of the type of car they were driving
Yes, I read that, but where does it mention placing ordinary people into expensive cars, and those people proceeding to drive like cunts?

Back
Top Bottom